What will be different following the Coronavirus?

Chef

LE
Once the lockdown ends parking restrictions and fines will go through the roof as LAs milk, motorists, the last cash cow.

Plus new 'offences' will be invented to boost ticket sales.

Mr Khan leads the way with the congestion charge, increased recently to combat the massive rise in traffic since March 23rd.

shopping habits have changed and I wonder if they will return to what they were before the lockdown.
Lidl has become a favourite, mostly because of the lack of queues.

It's also forced diversification. Local farm shops put Waitrose in the shade!

Yokel

LE
I wonder if the journalists and others who are based in offices will ever think of those who work in places that are not offices?

Coronavirus: what is the future of the office? (BBC)

Before the coronavirus pandemic, the office was where millions of us spent about a third of our time.

However, since the lockdown, almost half the UK's workforce say they have been working from home - and some companies have hinted it could become the future.

"The notion of putting 7,000 people in a building may be a thing of the past," said the boss of Barclays, while Morgan Stanley's chief said the bank will have "much less real estate". Businessman Sir Martin Sorrell said he'd rather invest the £35m he spends on expensive offices in people instead.

Newwsflash: Factory production areas, farms, building sites, wehicles, chemical plants, power stations, and the like cannot relocate their workers to their homes.

I wonder if the journalists and others who are based in offices will ever think of those who work in places that are not offices?

Coronavirus: what is the future of the office? (BBC)

Before the coronavirus pandemic, the office was where millions of us spent about a third of our time.

However, since the lockdown, almost half the UK's workforce say they have been working from home - and some companies have hinted it could become the future.

"The notion of putting 7,000 people in a building may be a thing of the past," said the boss of Barclays, while Morgan Stanley's chief said the bank will have "much less real estate". Businessman Sir Martin Sorrell said he'd rather invest the £35m he spends on expensive offices in people instead.

Newwsflash: Factory production areas, farms, building sites, wehicles, chemical plants, power stations, and the like cannot relocate their workers to their homes.
There are no perks if you work from home, nothing to rob off the company, no petrol to siphon off, no boxes of buckshees that " fell off the pallet" and no free stationary for the kids.

There are no perks if you work from home, nothing to rob off the company, no petrol to siphon off, no boxes of buckshees that " fell off the pallet" and no free stationary for the kids.
Harder to switch off working from home, and really have days off

There is more pressure to show you're productive, rather pressure to be seen to be working

Which isn't a bad thing in a way

We had a global email come out about an hour ago which makes very, very clear that we are going to be homeworking for another 6 months i.e. up until Christmas. The recovery plan has four phases and we are not even in phase 1 yet. Social distancing measures will have to be implemented in all offices, which in the case of my office will prove to be both difficult and expensive. I reckon that by the time that I do eventually go back into work, a whole year will have elapsed.

We had a global email come out about an hour ago which makes very, very clear that we are going to be homeworking for another 6 months i.e. up until Christmas. The recovery plan has four phases and we are not even in phase 1 yet. Social distancing measures will have to be implemented in all offices, which in the case of my office will prove to be both difficult and expensive. I reckon that by the time that I do eventually go back into work, a whole year will have elapsed.

At this rate, I'll be retired!

Probably; the simple fact is that very little of the government estate is designed for social distancing. Open plan was the mantra of the noughties...
Don't forget consolidation!
All those buildings with individual offices all sold off to developers and everyone moved into open offices so they could work as 'teams' - that would make a battery hen complain at the lack of personal space.

Mein Gott! At least they might serve some decent lager; as long as they don't give up on real ale.

'TRADITIONAL British pubs could be scrapped and replaced with Bavarian-style bierkellers as they reopen after the coronavirus lockdown, industry leaders have said.

'Under the plans, bar stools could make way for trestle tables and benches and pint glasses could be scrapped in favour of two-pint steins to cut down on contact with bar staff.

'The possible move from intimate boozer to German beer hall comes as 40 per cent of British pubs face closure due to the ‘devastating impact’ of coronavirus.'

Mein Gott! At least they might serve some decent lager; as long as they don't give up on real ale.

'TRADITIONAL British pubs could be scrapped and replaced with Bavarian-style bierkellers as they reopen after the coronavirus lockdown, industry leaders have said.

'Under the plans, bar stools could make way for trestle tables and benches and pint glasses could be scrapped in favour of two-pint steins to cut down on contact with bar staff.

'The possible move from intimate boozer to German beer hall comes as 40 per cent of British pubs face closure due to the ‘devastating impact’ of coronavirus.'

Now this I LIKE!!

This is the ultimate revenge for us being so bold as to vote for Brexit. Trade deals, fishing rights, ECHR, etc. - most Brits are not that bothered - messing with our pubs is tantamount to a declaration of war.

Remind me - which traitorous little shit of a PM tried to instil the 'European cafe culture' in place of the proper British boozer?

Ah - my tin foil hat and RFID coat and armour plated taxi - why thank you.

This is the ultimate revenge for us being so bold as to vote for Brexit. Trade deals, fishing rights, ECHR, etc. - most Brits are not that bothered - messing with our pubs is tantamount to a declaration of war.

Remind me - which traitorous little shit of a PM tried to instil the 'European cafe culture' in place of the proper British boozer?

Ah - my tin foil hat and RFID coat and armour plated taxi - why thank you.
Well, you do need to 'Get Brexit Done!'.

Well I see the MSM are all excited about the shops opening, while the Bank of England speculation is 0% interest rates after Christmas as the economy is stuffed.

I'm not expecting a ripping high street boom myself. This has not appeared in the MSM as I don’t think they findings have been released from the London Stock Exchange has just completed a survey of the FSTE250 listed companies as 78% of the CEOs surveyed said they are planning to reduce their workforce by a staggering 25%. I say staggering but the number I had in mind was 20%, so the extra 5% has surprised me.

so what’s going on in business at the moment? We’ve just seen a round of large redundancies - BP lost 10,000 staff last week, and there were a couple of others at 2,500 staff. What we will see from the end of June roughly will be the start of a 3 month consultation period before the big rounds of redundancies start in August which is when the furlough scheme is scheduled to change, with employers picking up 25% of the salary costs and paying employersNO contributions.

there is a shot storm coming and it’s not being picked up in the media who are obviously preoccupied with BLM which has now overtaken Covid19 as the only game in town.

unemployment? I’d say expect 8-10m.