What will be different following the Coronavirus?

Flights to Italy are remarkably cheap right now. 3 of us return to Pisa from Bristol over Christmas holidays with a load of luggage (for kids presents and stuff): £270.

Paid on a credit card so if it goes a bit pear shaped I'll get a refund.

Been on days today. Massive amount of calls and it really seems like many are just thinking up reasons to 999 / 101. Some of the calls actually did get to the Alan Partridge ‘Monkey tennis’ stage as they scraped the barrel trying to find a loophole / prove a point.
“I can’t smoke in my house because of tenancy agreement so I smoke on the doorstep, what if someone comes down the street, do I have right of way and they have to move to maintain social distancing?”

”Theres a window cleaner on my street, I think it’s outrageous!”
”er...they are allowed”
”No, that can’t be right...it’s outrageous”
”Will you think the same if your boiler fails and have to call a plumber?”
”er.... line then clears.
Majority of the calls were from people simply wanting to “get somebody in trouble” with the telltale sentiment “If I’ve got to stay in then why shouldn’t they?”

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The canal towpath round here is full of grown men wearing tights running past wheezing out virus laden sputum in all directions. Apparently lockdown means " struggle into those shorts you bought in 1990 go out jogging "
I had a group of around 20 cyclists pass me on the way to the shops today, all wearing their cycling club colours, at the traffic lights, all bunched up. I would've thrown something at them but I hadn't bought anything yet!

Seems that the hook-up scene in the hills and valleys has dried up, so the 'girls' have come to town looking for their action.

'A herd of wild goats have been caught on camera several times running through the streets of Llandudno.

'The mountain goats, which normally spend their time up the Great Orme, have been spotted wandering around the town centre during the past week. The animals were seen trotting out in front of traffic, running through the streets at night and nibbling at flowers in people's gardens.'

Persec, that's my local brothel!

Flights to Italy are remarkably cheap right now. 3 of us return to Pisa from Bristol over Christmas holidays with a load of luggage (for kids presents and stuff): £270.

Paid on a credit card so if it goes a bit pear shaped I'll get a refund.
Did that include flamethrower hire to keep the survivors at bay?

Mesaboogie

Swinger
After Coronavirus people might realize that rampant globalisation wasn't all that great and it wasn't a good idea to outsource all our manufacturing abroad. Are we going to see the return of the nation state ?

NSP

LE
Been on days today. Massive amount of calls and it really seems like many are just thinking up reasons to 999 / 101. Some of the calls actually did get to the Alan Partridge ‘Monkey tennis’ stage as they scraped the barrel trying to find a loophole / prove a point.
“I can’t smoke in my house because of tenancy agreement so I smoke on the doorstep, what if someone comes down the street, do I have right of way and they have to move to maintain social distancing?”

”er...they are allowed”
Majority of the calls were from people simply wanting to “get somebody in trouble” with the telltale sentiment “If I’ve got to stay in then why shouldn’t they?”
Dickheads. Dickheads everywhere...

I wonder how many businesses have fallen into thinking that it is all or nothing with regard to maintaining their output? Presumably social distancing measures are taken by employees at essential manufacturers of food and pharmaceuticals, and companies building ventilators such as Dyson, JCB, or BAE Systems.

Thinking of a local company that did contract electronics manufacture and design and production of electromagnetic components for aerospace, defence, and similar demanding sectors - including medical, and had an ESA approved clean room for producing satellite parts, they could carry on. However the need for social distancing would reduce their output. 50% or 60% is better than 0% surely?

With respect to the lockdown, people will have a degree of mental protection if they understand what it is for. Less vehicles on the road means less accidents and less RTC casualties arriving in hospital, less workplace injuries, and less normal infections being spread.
Good words, @Yokel I've found myself getting very angry this week. I'm really not sure what to make of it all. I'm self employed, but not short of a survival chest. What really hurt me was watching the bike shop where I've always taken my bike (s) for repairs shut. 30 bloody years and the finist bike mechanics ever. If I knew they were retiring in the sun, I could understand it. But no, they have to shut now, and look for (real) jobs. Half of it is Ill health. 30+ years of kneeling under bikes in a freezing workshop, but you don't get the knees without the knowledge.

But no-one wants that knowledge. They need it but they'll never admit to it.

RIP Twiggers Motorcycles, Nottingham Road, Loughborough.

Oyibo

LE

”er...they are allowed”
I don't think I would last long in your job!

I don't think I would last long in your job!
Think I'd last about an hour before the interview without coffee as to why i'd dispatched ARVs to the last 15 useless timewasting twats asking for an ambulance because their cat was off her food.

I saw vegan Easter eggs in Sainsbury. Rather more loudly than I'd intended, I expressed outrage because vegans won't touch eggs. Others saw the irony.
I got trolled when Fox said they were making an Alien easter egg, shame it was an April Fool as a face hugger for an easter egg would make a lovely present

dan_brown

War Hero
I hope this doesn't have any effect on pensions, be that the Treasury say there isn't enough £ to pay to put us back to 75 AFPS or that our whole pensions are in jeopardy!

Worse case scenario, but the Public Sector always seem to be the easy cost cutting option.

One guess who thinks Covid-19 is racist

Predictable as ever, they might as well get Titania McGrath to write their articles

Predictable as ever, they might as well get Titania McGrath to write their articles
I think the professionally outraged are about to learn that those sticking their cock on the block to help come from all sorts of backgrounds and so do whiny useless twats.

I hope one thing on the other side is genuine respect for those who helped and feck you for those who did not if they were able.

What a ridiculous article. The author starts off with "people of colour" then resorts to simply "black", I imagine that's either to keep the word count down or because even they realised how stupid "people of colour" sounds.........

Seems that the hook-up scene in the hills and valleys has dried up, so the 'girls' have come to town looking for their action.

'A herd of wild goats have been caught on camera several times running through the streets of Llandudno.

'The mountain goats, which normally spend their time up the Great Orme, have been spotted wandering around the town centre during the past week. The animals were seen trotting out in front of traffic, running through the streets at night and nibbling at flowers in people's gardens.'

Didn't take someone long to create this for Wikipedia's battles series...

Llandudno Goat Rising.jpg

NSP

LE

"Gracie Mae Bradley is policy and campaigns manager for Liberty."

Quelle surprise!

Didn't take someone long to create this for Wikipedia's battles series...

View attachment 461589
Thing is this really is true, they normally live on the Great Orme and come down into the town when the weather is really bad

They must have taken notice of the lack of humans on the streets and thought the streets were theirs to claim

Chalkythedog

Old-Salt
If there's any 'winners' when the dust settles, my bet is that it'll be eastern Europe. The infection/death rate in the northern states in particular, is low. Why is this? Could it be their countries are not bursting at the seams with cheap migrant labour and huge immigrant communities that contribute nothing?

Latest Threads