What will be different following the Coronavirus?

TheAssassin

War Hero
Wont someone please think of the homeless

Nevada has a glut of empty hotel rooms now, so what have they done to deal with the homeless?

6 feet apart, hobo

I understand that you don’t hold high office. That’s not what I asked.

I think I’ll wait for those decisions makers to state their case at the appropriate time before paying the slightest attention to a media article given that at the present time, it helps absolutely no one.
I have no idea what I would have done. That’s the honest truth. I don’t tell the country that I’m super competent and able to run a country and ask for votes based on that.

And your last paragraph is exactly my sentiment. However it helps contextualise any issues that we are currently suffering.

Massive deflection.

A couple of poor decisions out of thousands of hours of good work are irrelevant and won’t even merit a mention. No deaths resulted from these.

The suppression of a report and any inaction by a government after prior warning, will most definitely warrant looking into and some very uncomfortable questions for some.
Indeed it was but, sadly over the last while you seemed more determined to see Boris nailed to a wall than the reality that post the pandemic there are going to be hopefully changes for the better, rather than scalp hunting.

If the UK was the only nation that was caught on the hop out of the G7... and flying blind and working on models that have never been tested. Seriously Wets we all know that the governments of the last 20 years have had it in for the 'Old Bill' lets all hope that changes post the pandemic.

Clearing out the over burdening police commissars within, who have equally knobbed over decent 'Old Bill' being a good start.

Old F*rts Acquiring New Skills Post Coronavirus
I am somewhat concerned that if I beat the Grim Reaper I may not come through this Coronavirus situation with my body intact .... not being a lover of long hair today I let Mrs B_R loose on my head with a Gents Electric Hair Grooming Kit ... fortunately after some trimming it did look a little better and I still had two of everything I should have two of on my head . Now the rub and what a rub ... she has said because we are in twelve week isolation she expects me ... nay has ordered me to acquire tonsorial skills via the Internet to keep her hair presentable ... should I be worried as a mid 70 year old I could add " Ladies Hairdressing " to my CV ?

Last edited:
Old F*rts New Skills Post Coronavirus
I am somewhat concerned that if I beat the Grim Reaper I may not come through this Coronavirus situation with my body intact .... not being a lover of long hair today I let Mrs B_R loose on my head with a Gents Electric Hair Grooming Kit ... fortunately after some trimming it did look a little better and I still had two of everything I should have two of on my head . Now the rub and what a rub ... she has said because we are in twelve week isolation she expects me ... nay has ordered me to acquire tonsorial skills via the Internet to keep her hair presentable ... should I be worried as a mid 70 year old I could add " Ladies Hairdressing " to my CV ?
Just tell her high and tight is the new long and let her know the Sinead O Connor skinhead look is all the rage ?

Just tell her high and tight is the new long and let her know the Sinead O Connor skinhead look is all the rage ?
Mmmmm ... how can I put this .... Mrs B_R is petite and not in the best of health but when agitated can be quite feisty .... so for my own health I feel it may be wiser not to offer her the " high and tight " solution .

I mentioned the boating Facebook sites earlier but by the Gods...
Canal and River Trust have published information suggesting walkers should limit the amount of time on the towpath, and should avoid moored boats etc if possible.

The yoghurt knitters down on the K and A have had one of their number haranguing a towpath walker, and their site is full of accusations and counter-accusations of being out and about. Avon and Somerset constabulary are probably loving it.

All this from liveaboards who pride themselves on being able to survive better than the average Joe.

The timescale is thus: last Friday, pubs shut. Tuesday, lockdown.
Wednesday, everyone on the canal has totally lost their shit. Didn't take long.
The canal towpath round here is full of grown men wearing tights running past wheezing out virus laden sputum in all directions. Apparently lockdown means " struggle into those shorts you bought in 1990 go out jogging "

Mmmmm ... how can I put this .... Mrs B_R is petite and not in the best of health but when agitated can be quite feisty .... so for my own health I feel it may be wiser not to offer her the " high and tight " solution .
Sorry to hear your news. I hope shes firing on all cylinders very soon.
In keeping with your post i have to suggest buying her a few wigs and rotate them ?

Sorry to hear your news. I hope shes firing on all cylinders very soon.
In keeping with your post i have to suggest buying her a few wigs and rotate them ?
I may have to buy a couple for myself !!

Indeed it was but, sadly over the last while you seemed more determined to see Boris nailed to a wall than the reality that post the pandemic there are going to be hopefully changes for the better, rather than scalp hunting.

If the UK was the only nation that was caught on the hop out of the G7... and flying blind and working on models that have never been tested. Seriously Wets we all know that the governments of the last 20 years have had it in for the 'Old Bill' lets all hope that changes post the pandemic.

Clearing out the over burdening police commissars within, who have equally knobbed over decent 'Old Bill' being a good start.
This isn’t about the police. It’s about learning what we didn’t or did do correctly after a timely warning.

It’s about an exercise 4 years ago that highlighted that we were unable to cope with a pandemic of this nature. The report was suppressed, because it was too scary for the public and now it’s reality. Let’s hope that the decisions made were for better reasons than money and political dogma.

Massive deflection.

A couple of poor decisions out of thousands of hours of good work are irrelevant and won’t even merit a mention. No deaths resulted from these.

The suppression of a report and any inaction by a government after prior warning, will most definitely warrant looking into and some very uncomfortable questions for some.
I think you are deliberately missing the point. Where is the value is forbidding the sale of Easter eggs to people who were shopping anyway, when you consider the seriously demoralising impact of removing all 'fun' from people's lives by edict?

Do you really want the police to be seen that way? If I was you I would get among my colleagues and encourage them to pull right back on the patrician attitude. This is not North Korea.

It is well known that morale is very important. These restrictions could go on for some considerable time and people will need some light relief. Man does not live by bread alone. You feckers need to learn that the 'magic badge' does not bestow ultimate power.

Yokel

LE
I'm hoping the whole celebrity culture will be swept under the carpet - as people are now seeing their, and family's health is at risk - and certain priorities need to be made. I'm guessing many PR agents are pacing the rooms now trying to dream up ways of maintaining their client's relevence.

I expect the floodgates to soon open with many of them announcing how they have tested positive- and then engage in an ongoing commentary of their plight, and motivational plattitudes.

"Francesca....get me on the front pages...anything...I'll say I've been raped by a giraffe!"
"How about I get Corona and fear for my children?"

"Nah...Kerry Cantona did that last week...won't work"

"Bitch!"
They could always volunteering - or providing free entertainment via the internet.

Someone who lives on my street, who my mrs has on FB currently "furious" her husband has just been deemd a ' key worker'.
Last week she was talking about him maybe being layed off etc...

Then she thought some sort of govt-funded holiday was on the cards.

Yep...these sorts walk amongst us.
But being laid off could well be permanent! What does hubby do just out of interest?

This isn’t about the police. It’s about learning what we didn’t or did do correctly after a timely warning.

It’s about an exercise 4 years ago that highlighted that we were unable to cope with a pandemic of this nature. The report was suppressed, because it was too scary for the public and now it’s reality. Let’s hope that the decisions made were for better reasons than money and political dogma.
Saving money probably. I read something about politicians valuing efficiency over capacity. If public services exist to deal with crises then there has to be spare capacity.

I think you are deliberately missing the point. Where is the value is forbidding the sale of Easter eggs to people who were shopping anyway, when you consider the seriously demoralising impact of removing all 'fun' from people's lives by edict?

Do you really want the police to be seen that way? If I was you I would get among my colleagues and encourage them to pull right back on the patrician attitude. This is not North Korea.

It is well known that morale is very important. These restrictions could go on for some considerable time and people will need some light relief. Man does not live by bread alone. You feckers need to learn that the 'magic badge' does not bestow ultimate power.
Where was this?

OneTenner

War Hero
Book Reviewer
To my mind, policing the current situation 'by consent' relies on unreasonable behaviour being curtailed, whether by the Great British Public or those charged with policing them, failure to rein in either 'side' will lead to (un)civil disorder.
I drive ~2 miles two days out of three to excercise my dogs & myself using a public footpath across a deserted golf course and the adjacent woods, in a week, I have not seen anyone closer than 250 metres to me, yet Derbyshire Police would give me 'words of guidance' to stop me. I live in an urban environment where exercising two large dogs and myself away from other people isn't possible, yet these newly awarded powers would be brought to bear on me without any knowledge or understanding of me having claustrophobic tendencies if i'm inside a building for more than a few (as in single figures) hours. Hopefully it'll be down to the same enthusiasm that caused the panic buying and the pendulum will swing back to a common sense approach soon. Failing that, i'd encourage those with a warrant card to go and have a power w@nk over a photo of their police commissioner before starting their shift.

Not that I put any trust in BBC 'news' - Easter egg crackdown over essential status 'wrong'

I'm sure the ACS could supply locations if asked
Fair enough:

If true = Unreasonable
If not true = Would be unreasonable if true, and a salutory lesson to the rozzers about how not to behave.

In all seriousness though, if the general population gets the impression that the police are behaving this way, then they will lose what little regard they have and become the enemy of the people. That is not where Robert Peel's 'Policing by consent' should be.

OneTenner

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm not saying it's not true - I did see another report earlier suggesting Trading Standards were involved, the fact that the ACS bod is quoted as saying “In the cases where officers have challenged retailers and shoppers in this way, it’s brought confusion, distracted retailers in the busiest weeks of their lives and increased the interactions between people at a time when the government is trying to minimise them.” suggests he has had contact with people who have first-hand knowledge, the lack of details may be down to sloppy journo's (God knows, we're used to that!) or it could be Chinese (Flu) whispers, I suspect it'll be one of those polarising stories that last for years and no-one will ever know for sure.

Old F*rts New Skills Post Coronavirus
Don't lie. This is what Mrs. B_R had to do, isn't it.
0caaafc7c470cf5a0fda37e8cc1a6c3c.gif

Latest Threads