What will be different following the Coronavirus?

As he should, that's the trade the LPs put on.

It is what it is..........but doesn't help the poor saps who tread the boards for those companies on the shopfloor.

Leverage will be what kills them, as it always does. The smart banks will make more money refinancing PE and LBOs with good assets but interrupted cash-flow.......the harder the deal to make, generally the more margin. That's where my last shop excelled.
yup

Chalkythedog

Old-Salt
If this is true, we're proper fockered. Apparently this whole policy of incinerate the economy is the invention of some Dr. Strangelove type at Imperial College, London. This character has written the code for a computer programme that predicts the likely deaths and infection rates of the China virus based on a variety of variables.. Unfortunately he couldn't be bothered to annotate the lines of code, so no one, least of all the people directing the policy, know what they're doing!

If this is true, we're proper fockered. Apparently this whole policy of incinerate the economy is the invention of some Dr. Strangelove type at Imperial College, London. This character has written the code for a computer programme that predicts the likely deaths and infection rates of the China virus based on a variety of variables.. Unfortunately he couldn't be bothered to annotate the lines of code, so no one, least of all the people directing the policy, know what they're doing!
just flashing up on Sky - a major hight street retailer and a major restaurant chain have collapsed and gone into administration.

I said 8 - 12 weeks. Thats the first ones tipping over the cliff after 5ish weeks

just flashing up on Sky - a major hight street retailer and a major restaurant chain have collapsed and gone into administration.

I said 8 - 12 weeks. Thats the first ones tipping over the cliff after 5ish weeks
Not a good thing but, we should also reflect that without this pandemic they are both sectors that where already in a hot zone, retail because of the internet and major restaurant chains because they have been badly run... Jamie Oliver's is a example of this.

I have some knowledge of the 'restaurant and hotel' sector and it has always been a sector that needs hard work for a low yield reward. Many people go into that sector without understanding this. It also needs to be understood that while self employed are a backbone of the nations trade, it is the natural order of things that more start up's fail than succeed.

The bossiness i am more worried for are the, medium sized with 50+ employees as post the pandemic some of them are going to find that there is no market for them. That said i have found amongst the majority of the self employed, is a core ethos of rolling with the punches and making things work.

Lastly I believe the government is working hard at trying to keep the wheels on the wagon, as best it can. The reality is as many of us know is that 'government' is slow and unwieldy at the best of times, right now they have a hand tied behind there backs.

Not a good thing but, we should also reflect that without this pandemic they are both sectors that where already in a hot zone, retail because of the internet and major restaurant chains because they have been badly run... Jamie Oliver's is a example of this.

I have some knowledge of the 'restaurant and hotel' sector and it has always been a sector that needs hard work for a low yield reward. Many people go into that sector without understanding this. It also needs to be understood that while self employed are a backbone of the nations trade, it is the natural order of things that more start up's fail than succeed.

The bossiness i am more worried for are the, medium sized with 50+ employees as post the pandemic some of them are going to find that there is no market for them. That said i have found amongst the majority of the self employed, is a core ethos of rolling with the punches and making things work.

Lastly I believe the government is working hard at trying to keep the wheels on the wagon, as best it can. The reality is as many of us know is that 'government' is slow and unwieldy at the best of times, right now they have a hand tied behind there backs.
Wagamama and its operating companies also wobbly. Hospitality and retail sectors will be very wobbly and they are precisely what the government's furlough scheme was designed for. All the low margin/revenue throughput businesses are going to be vulnerable. Travel and Transport another obvious one as well as the airport operators. Lutonski will be like a graveyard without sleazy jet

Last edited:
Wagamama and its operating companies also wobbly. Hospitality and retail sectors will be very wobbly and they are precisely what the government's furlough scheme was designed for. All the low margin/revenue throughout businesses are going to be vulnerable. Travel and Transport another obvious one as well as the airport operators. Lutonski will be like a graveyard without sleazy jet
Ditto Stansted with Ryanair. Post Corona, will airport operators try to diversify their airlines at the expense of higher profits or do you think they will return to their previous mo ?

Brighthouse were anything but, they are a bunch of rip-off merchants who should have been closed down years ago. Their troubles stem from their dodgy practices of "rent to buy" at extortionate interest rates and now facing a bunch of claims similar to the PPI scandal. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

As for Carluccio's, I've never eaten there so can't comment on their quality, but there are too many "casual dining" chains out there already.

As someone who has looked at the pollution caused by air travel, and not just CO2, NOx and unburned jet fuel*, but the noise pollution and that we concrete over vast tracts of countryside so that fat tattooed people can go to Ibiza 3 times a year, or, round here, so that well of people can go skiing several times a year, any reduction in air travel is welcome for the planet.

[/off rant]

* you can't put a catalytic converter on a jet engine

Ditto Stansted with Ryanair. Post Corona, will airport operators try to diversify their airlines at the expense of higher profits or do you think they will return to their previous mo ?
my crystal ball isn’t making a call on government policy on inferred immigration and the risk of transmission of highly infectious deceases when they arrive in the U.K.

I can’t see the public being over ecstatic about it but BoJo has a big majority. The likelihood is they will never place the safety and security of the nation above political correctness. The airlines will always operate where they can turn a buck. It’s business.

I do wonder how tolerant the U.K. will be when this is got under control and there is an antiviral inoculation for it. In a year’s time +.....

When this is over I'll be wondering about whether I can carry on working from home at least some of the time. I'm still busy in my job but being able to do about 95% of it without being on site means I'm really not missing the stress of the traffic I normally sit in every day to and from work, and the £250+ a month I spend on fuel is better off in my bank account. It's also nice clocking off at 17:00 and being straight into my own time without that hour of driving. The only thing I'd miss is having colleagues to sit and banter with sometimes.

This is a very handy way for somebody who doesnt like the economy, to destroy it.

This is also a very handy way of getting invasive laws and powers passed that remove EVEN more of our freedoms.

Those are two definates, two realities.

A lot of people are starting to ask questions, A lot of answers and statistical context are going to have to be provided, otherwise people are just going to call bullshit, half my friends already are, some woirk in medcine and healthcare FFS.

Apart from the virus itself, which is pretty much taking on new symptoms every day (even syptoms of other conditions), fear seems to have the highest infection rate. I mean they might as well just say "are you feeling like shit, stay at home, watch TV and do what you are told"
Eventually everybody will start showing signs of some sickness being stuck inside for weeks on end, it's logical.

Oh, and there are still no publically available tests for the virus, Turning on the TV is like testing positive for fear, but thats about it.
I tell people to turn the TV off, they all know the basics and all that matters now is the outcome, at every level.

I might add, I completely expect every law passed during this episode to be reverted, anything less is deserving of nationwide dissent, which shouldn't be too hard when peoples fear turns to anger, it's all about the outcomes.
And, China needs to be brought into question, along with the globalist practice of having everything made there, this has to change regardless.
I will never accept a loss of any freedom for the sake and preservation of globalism, Especailly when totalitarian regimes can dictate the outcome.

Are you listening Boris?

Lets see who benefits this time round eh ;)

EDIT - I suggest you all take the time (now you have it) to tune out of telly-land and do some research, The media like to leave stones unturned and as they are, Now you can test their credibility.
Remember folks, we are all in this together and we live in an age where we have the most powerful tool ever created, the www.

Last edited:
my crystal ball isn’t making a call on government policy on inferred immigration and the risk of transmission of highly infectious deceases when they arrive in the U.K.

I can’t see the public being over ecstatic about it but BoJo has a big majority. The likelihood is they will never place the safety and security of the nation above political correctness. The airlines will always operate where they can turn a buck. It’s business.

I do wonder how tolerant the U.K. will be when this is got under control and there is an antiviral inoculation for it. In a year’s time +.....
There is a difference between toleration and poor governance, while there is without doubt a tranche of the wide population that will, want to go back to the, 'the old routine'. There is I believe a significant tranche who will not want too and instead of staying silent will want to have their voices heard.

As with everything though it's going to be nuanced, Global trading fine Globalism not so much, Immigration commensurate to need and infrastructure capacity open borders chin off big time. Borrowing for need not desire would be a good thing for both Government and the individual.

And importantly Multinationals being treated as business not small states, of course this more about strategic national requirements rather than taxation. The culling of lobbyist, being as politically influencing as they are is long overdue, thus the political class and NGO's that survive such a policy will be required to much more open.

The WHO and UN are seen for the corrupt and self serving organisations that they have broadly become.

edited grammar

Last edited:

Both were in trouble anyway, Corvid was just the last straw

Ironic really, as the chavs probably need massive tellys more than ever right now

Got a link to that thing about annotating the code?

Both were in trouble anyway, Corvid was just the last straw

Ironic really, as the chavs probably need massive tellys more than ever right now
in deed and the property business is no loss. Good businesses will go to the wall but it is what it is

Different post Corona ?

A move by countries in the West to move away from China being a manufacturing single point of failure. No doubt that move will require some level of subsidy but recognition of essentials that will be recognised as critical along the liens of critical infrastructure would be the wisest move in the long run.

In military terms, the just in time principle falls flat against a contingency. Its time that thinking extends to government crisis planners,

ETA Apologies if this has been mentioned in the last 60 pages

Different post Corona ?

A move by countries in the West to move away from China being a manufacturing single point of failure. No doubt that move will require some level of subsidy but recognition of essentials that will be recognised as critical along the liens of critical infrastructure would be the wisest move in the long run.

In military terms, the just in time principle falls flat against a contingency. Its time that thinking extends to government crisis planners,

ETA Apologies if this has been mentioned in the last 60 pages
At least we are on the same page now!

I see some small difference in the way that race-baiters are now not being taken seriously by the media, and are in fact being told to grow up. I give you Gina Yashere trying to wrest the crown of race-baiter supreme away from Lammy.

If that is Carrloucios and Brighthouse they have been floundering for the past 12 months

Both because of shit business models

Brighthouse because they were money grabbing exploiting thieves when the Government introduced regulation they floundered.

The posh italian food shop I expect they were expensive with high overheads

Archie