What will be different following the Coronavirus?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I wonder how many of these 495000 volunteers to help the NHS will actually do so, and its not just to enable access to the co-ops at the “special hour”?
I'd call you a cynic, but I don't think they'll be getting the "key worker" privileges.

Will this be the end of the ‘Sneering at Fat People’ and @ScaleyAlbereto’s Fat Munters thread? Will Scaley have to post in the Brunette thread as a result of the global wipe out of fat people?

Will this be the end of the ‘Sneering at Fat People’ and @ScaleyAlbereto’s Fat Munters thread? Will Scaley have to post in the Brunette thread as a result of the global wipe out of fat people?
Not likely. All that will happen is that when the current landwhales die the fairly chubby will have more food available and increase in size. Sort of like dead men's shoes only in this case it's dead men's fat chariots.

Strange indeed. So much fear from an over 70-year-old, Murph's_Whore? Why?

Sure I'm over 70, so what? These are strange and strained times when it's every hand to the pumps and when I can help in any way, why not? You say (write) that as if it's a bad thing. Or is that just because it's me (Bugsy)?

MsG
Let him work.

Hopefully he'll catch Corona and as a minimum be out of the system for a month or, with luck, permanently.

Downside is that the NHS may be stupid enough to give him the attention which he seeks and use a ventilator that could be given to a useful member of society.

I'm torn on this.

Well...

I am going to get a nice bit of money from Uncle Sam!!
Ain't you learned nothing yet ?

Uncle Sam giveth and Uncle Sam taketh away

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Let him work.

Hopefully he'll catch Corona and as a minimum be out of the system for a month or, with luck, permanently.

Downside is that the NHS may be stupid enough to give him the attention which he seeks and use a ventilator that could be given to a useful member of society.

I'm torn on this.
Are the NHS actually recruiting heroin dealers?

Are the NHS actually recruiting heroin dealers?
Painkillers innit?
As I've stated time and again: heroin, as long as it's unadulterated, does no harm whatsoever to the human body. Cocaine does. That's why I agree with you that a serious talk with the lady in question is in order.

MsG
Heroin is harmless. A trained medic told me that. Hopefully a man with this much obvious medical knowlege is right now on the streets helping out our NHS!

Heroin is harmless. A trained medic told me that. Hopefully a man with this much obvious medical knowlege is right now on the streets helping out our NHS!
It's a good thing that the NHS is clamouring for volunteers whose medical training was last up to date during Ted Heath's ministry.

Supposedly , anything with the word Virgin or Wetherspoons on it will go out of business , because to quote Brian's mum at this period when we celebrate his birth , " They've been very naughty boys " .

Some quote it as saying it's their Ratner moment ...
Not a useful parallel , me thinks

It's a good thing that the NHS is clamouring for volunteers whose medical training was last up to date during Ted Heath's ministry.
Bugsy testing his new patented ventilator.

1585223865373.png

TheAssassin

War Hero
Let him work.

I'm torn on this.
He will only come back to die again

Will he have to be killed die twice?

Chef

LE
Whilst I doubt it'll be a long term problem I do foresee a spike in road accidents after the lockdown ends as the youth of today wander the streets glued to their mobiles and bimble across the roads without looking. Forgetting that there will be more cars back on the roads.

Filled with old codgers relearning their road craft.

Yup, I left the British Army 48 years ago, in 1972.
And in that time, the whole physicality of humankind has changed beyond all proportions. All the stuff I was trained to treat no longer occurs. No more broken bones, no more traumatic limb-tears, no more head-wounds needing stitching, no more ripped-open arteries, no more pneumo-thoraces, no more emergency child-births, no more sudden heart-attacks etc. None of that. It all lies almost a half-century in the past.

Now we have a whole set of new medical cases that never occurred in the past. Imagine that! Thanks for the medical update, Gunge_Thickie.:-D:-D:-D

MsG
It's "left in '72" this week . Having joined as an under-18 boy soldier in '66 aged 20.

Latest Threads