What will arrse be like in 10 years time ?

Lots of threads on here about the good old day of slr's and real combat jackets, during the last few years we've seen a lot of changes, new weapon systems, new vehicles and now slowly but surely new uniform.

The question is in 10 years time will people be on here bemoaning the "proper ally dpm" or the "classic A2". Will they be banging on about the good old day under Labour and how Gordon was right ?

Ladies and gents, and those who are 50/50 on their own gender issues, the floor is yours.

Never talk about the future, as it always F**ks up,If somone had told me what my future would be when I joined up in the sixtys I would have thought them totally F**king MAD

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
sven will still be unemployed / unemployable!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
tropper66 said:
Never talk about the future, as it always F**ks up
Quite right. Who knows just how many sheds you'll own by then or how many trips to Elevenerife you'll have fitted in.

Sixty said:
tropper66 said:
Quite right. Who knows just how many sheds you'll own by then or how many trips to Elevenerife you'll have fitted in.
LOL he's referencing Herotodus, histories in the mental illness thread

i predict that in 10 years time, arrse will be a combination of decent posters and a load of mood-hoovering no-marks posting a 30/70% mix of interesting stuff and dire sh1te

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Arte et Marte will still be denying the dry bumming incident.

Taff49 said:
i predict that in 10 years time, arrse will be a combination of decent posters and a load of mood-hoovering no-marks posting a 30/70% mix of interesting stuff and dire sh1te
You call that the future?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
B_AND_T will still be a helicopter.
Flashy will still be an ego attached to a crumbling body.
MDN/PG will still be a deviant.

ARRSE will still be raising money for those who deserve it. Still be twisting the tail of the MoD & Government. There will be clear demarcations between those who have/are serving and those who haven't, to such an extent that the website will have a paid/verified members only section.

ARRSE will have a lawyer on it's staff.

thegimp said:
Sixty said:
tropper66 said:
That comes from a Classic education, and I have never been on a package holiday, to independent

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Taff49 said:
And the Mods will be tolerant and understanding.............. :lol: 8)

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Auld-Yin said:
And the Mods will be tolerant and understanding.............. :lol: 8)
So just like now then?

In 10 years time methinks the health and Fitness section will be getting a major workout, with the talking points of prefered manufacturers of zimmer frames, knee re-cons, heart by-pass etc, etc, etc :lol:

BTW, are we taking provisional bets on discounts for aged travellers on the Arrse outrage bus in 10 years time?

B_AND_T said:
Arte et Marte will still be denying the dry bumming incident.
Damn Right I will. :D

johnboyzzz said:
Did he get dry bummed, no one mentioned that :mrgreen:
You’re right… I think I got away with it. :w00t:

In 10 years time the word Arrse will be banned.

Cork will be the Capital of Ireland.

I will have retired and will be able to spend more time on Arsse, although it will be called something else in order to appease the PC brigade.
(British Officers Think-tank, Twats and Other Morons. or BOTTOM)

There will be no outrage bus as derv prices will make that an unaffordable luxury.

The current internet hardmen will be wearing tartan slippers and will have mellowed into internet care homes.

The new breed of internet hardmen will be soft as shite.

There will be enough room on a PC monitor to read one line of a thread at a time as advertisers fill the rest of the screen with, er, adverts.

The Old n Bold thread will become the most popular, as more soldiery are thinned out by a progression of completly inept coalition tosspots, leaving the Defence of the Realm to seven highly paid computer geeks. (All asking advice on this site)

There will be an Arabic translation feature.

And a "how veiled is your missus" thread.

There's probably more...

There will be Threads on how the next general election will see the Tories finally end 23 years of Labour rule... 8O :twisted:

tropper66 said:
thegimp said:
Sixty said:
tropper66 said:
That comes from a Classic education, and I have never been on a package holiday, to independent
Very wise Tropper.I've never been to independent either.

A robust moderation policy will ensure that anyone whose sole contribution to current affairs is to tell the world for the umpteenth time that hour how much they dislike the sitting government is banned in seconds few.

A professional legal staff a la Private Eye will be defending the site against anyone who might feel like getting outraged on other peoples' behalves.

Some actual soldiers might be contributing to the NAAFI Bar, although I admit this is at the extreme edge of possibility.