What will a RLC Supplier be doing on Ops?

Depends what job your doing and where your based really, If you wish to volunteer to go outside the wire then I suppose its possible, but your job is essential to provide the correct equipment to the troops on the ground

Bowmore_Assassin

MIA
Book Reviewer
Wah alert on.

Managing stocks and supply. Receiving, accounting, storing and then issuing kit, ammo, combat supplies etc.

Chances of going on patrol - not high.

It depends on where you are based and what rank you are.

If you are part of an LST you can go on foot patrol, but its normally nothing serious just walking from one CP to another on a cleared route with an infantry section.

If you are part of an LST you can go on foot patrol, but its normally nothing serious just walking from one CP to another on a cleared route with an infantry section.
A cleared route in Afghanistan! Thats something you encounter every day............Not

Still this is a rumour site and sounds like youve heard a good one there

Don't listen to this lot, you are a valued asset to the war effort and you will be on patrol every day.

Your AOR will be from the stores shed to EFI and the badlands around the Accn, the patrol will mainly comprise of picking up fag butts!

Yeah mate it's an important role. You will primarily be involved in close logistic support with such duties as:

Digging Graves
Stacking Blankets
Washing bottles
Digging ditches
Counting ammunition
Counting fuel
Counting blankets
Driving a fork lift truck
Standing behind a counter full of stores shouting: "Dues out, stores is for storing, issues is for issues and they're closed!"
Wrting letters to Soldier magazine complaining about LOA, Married Quarters etc
Counting Blankets
Sleeping

It's a great life - live the dream!

Yeah mate it's an important role. You will primarily be involved in close logistic support with such duties as:

Digging Graves
Stacking Blankets
Washing bottles
Digging ditches
Counting ammunition
Counting fuel
Counting blankets
Standing behind a counter full of stores shouting: "Dues out, stores is for storing, issues is for issues and they're closed!"
Counting Blankets
Sleeping

Sleeping!! By all accounts the present lot on HERRICK is that they have no time for sleeping, too busy!

Digging Graves
Stacking Blankets
Washing bottles
Digging ditches
Counting ammunition
Counting fuel
Counting blankets
Counting Blankets
Sleeping

My bold - Do we still have blankets or are they war reserve (the AADC must still have them on charge)? Or have we lost the skill of folding blankets? Is it still taught for those occasions when we may encounter a need? So many questions unanswered!!

Sleeping!! By all accounts the present lot on HERRICK is that they have no time for sleeping, too busy!
I have it on good authority (nearly every junior rank out there) that a lot of the work is being generated for no reason. Still, with SNCOs forgeting how old they are on PFTs, Someone claiming to be getting bullied by three different people all on seperate occasions and general other admin bollocks I surprised any work gets done.

My bold - Do we still have blankets or are they war reserve (the AADC must still have them on charge)? Or have we lost the skill of folding blankets? Is it still taught for those occasions when we may encounter a need? So many questions unanswered!!
There is a general misunderstanding about stackers and blankets, the only person in a regiment who would have touched them would be a bedding storeman who is normally the same capbadge as the regiment he was dishing blankets out to. Nothing to with Suppliers, we are the ones robbing the stores blind and keeping Ebay in business.

Do as I did and stay the feck away from mainstream....

While posted to Engr Regts and REME Bns Ive done Inf patrols in Bosnia and Kosovo and also commanded FP and Recy multiples in Iraq.

And all as a humble Sup Con so there is scope to do other things if you project yourself.

There is a general misunderstanding about stackers and blankets, the only person in a regiment who would have touched them would be a bedding storeman who is normally the same capbadge as the regiment he was dishing blankets out to. Nothing to with Suppliers, we are the ones robbing the stores blind and keeping Ebay in business.
All very correct but at some point they must have been issued to the Regt. But having said that some of the blankets I have had probably came on charge when Cpl John was in charge.