What weapon(s) do you prefer?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by spike7451, Jun 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

As a Armourer,i have used a lot of different weapons.When i joined up,we had the SLR,SMG,LMG & Pistol.Having used the SA80/LSW,i can honestly say..BRING BACK THE SLR!!!!!!LOL
    What's your take?
    Spike

2. Spike, your weapon of choice should be a spell/punctuation checker.

Elephant gun has to be my choice too. Although the HK 53 is, IMHO, a very good shooter made from quality parts. The L85/86 should have been sold to a Banana republic. With the profits, we could have bought a big bag full of HK rifles and Sig pistols.

3. My weapon of choice would be my own, never use anyone else`s...you never know where its been 8)

4. My weapon of choice is the Kalatinate Battle Axe, forged from the iron of meteorites that have traversed the unfathomable abysses of the Cosmos, and annointed with the blended fanny batter of a thousand moist virgins.
    Failing that, an old carburretor in a sock works quite well.

5. Anything that feels comfortable, goes bang every time the curvey thing is pulled, and puts holes close enough together to ruin someone's day at a range at which I'd like to ruin their day at.

That'll be the SLR then :D

6. Depends whether defending or attacking.

Defending, an FN (SLR without the automatic option removed) fitted with a bipod and 30 round LMG mags.

Attacking, a HIND. :twisted:

7. ping pong balls - I am invincible.

But if I can't get them whatever the army decides to issue will do fine.

8. Defending a fixed position? A Vickers, a truckload of ready-belted ammo, & cold running water from a tap next to the gun. Nothing has ever beaten it for sheer, unadulterated, sustained fire.

9. Couldn't agree more! HK53 what a shooter, that a 226 can't go wrong. However, when you really do have to make sure, a Chieftain/Challenger track pin when they're asleep really does the job like nothing else!!

10. If only our enemies were literate - we could convince them that the pen is mightier than the sword (while maintaining our current arsenal). 8)

11. even better convince them the way of mother earth and pacifism are the only true paths to enlightenment. Oh wait maybe that's what labour are planning, and that's why we only need half the army we have now?

12. With Spike7451 being an armourer, I'm surprised his favourite weapon isn't a 66mm - not many come back for repair! Unless some clot confuses his drills..."Weapon fires, weapon stops.." :wink:

13. There's a lot to be said for a really big stick. Failing that, something pointy, like a pointy stick. If that's still too expensive, a regular stick will do.

14. I perfer anything that has been widelled down to a sharp point, they be it a plastic fork, plastic knife or even a stick found on the ground. I find that a nice widelled instrument may not inflict the most damage right away, but it does cause a incovince which inflicted for a short time becomes a festering sore.

Cheers 2CB

15. The dreaded batter pudding hurler of Bexhill-on-Sea!