What We want from our Lover plus The Things They Say....

What do you need from your partner/wife/WAG/man/other half? .

Have they come out with the odd gaffe, gem or expletive that you want to share in anonymity, here with us? :?

Things like reliability, loyalty, trustworthy, true to you, and easy on the booze?.... just a few there, for a start. :wink:

Quote "you just received a text message obviously meant for another guy. Don't assume anything, you can trust me implicitly"..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love and honesty. Nothing else matters.

Which makes me realise I was always right to expect honesty..........

My kind of woman? loving, caring, patient, and part of my family.

Maybe there's one out there, I haven't seen her yet.

BlotBangRub said:
I like intelligent chicks.

Patience. I can be insufferable sometimes, as we all can, so someone who will be prepared to wait until I sort my shite out. Also someone who is not too clingy and will give me the space to sort my shite out.

After all that I have realised yet again that I need to harden the f**k up. :oops:
There are intelligent women out there, and not many that can tolerate some of us. As for hardening up, I've had a week to do that and now feel bullet proof against the kind of people I don't need in my life.

What I don't need? "harder harder, baby" wot? you need a truncheon then? heh heh

WM

BlotBangRub said:
I like intelligent chicks. I could never marry a thickie, no matter how good looking she was. (As my ex from Whitby found out. A body and sex that still makes me shiver 10 years later and yet I dumped her. She was totally mince)

A sense of humour, or maybe a sense of fun is a better way to describe it. Some women just don't have enough personality to hold my attention.

Honesty and openness as mentioned earlier. I don't mind what skeletons are in the cupboard, I would just prefer I did not find out about them from other people.

Patience. I can be insufferable sometimes, as we all can, so someone who will be prepared to wait until I sort my shite out. Also someone who is not too clingy and will give me the space to sort my shite out.

Having said that, I would also like someone who felt they relied on me to guide and get them through life, as otherwise what’s the point? I want to feel the same about her.

She doesn't have to be stunning, just someone who I find attractive.

Someone who has a real passion for something. Doesn't really matter what it is, but it’s a very attractive quality in a woman.

After all that I have realised yet again that I need to harden the f**k up. :oops:
So, you don't want much then eh? Is there a woman out there who satisfies all these conditions, I doubt it. 8)

I got married 34 years ago to a good looking girl. She's lost some of her looks but I've lost some of my hair. She's still funny when she wants to be and laughs at my jokes, when she can hear them. We still respect each other and each other's views and although she may not look like that nice hairdresser bint in Corrie, she'll do for me. 8)

WOW! Jaw on floor! This is the best thread ever....i'm going to show it to all my girlie friends so they can see that there are some real diamonds out there still to meet!
BlotBangRub.....respect to ya! you should donate to a sperm bank we need more people like you around! lol!.....You're LOVELY!
Walter...i just want to cuddle your arse off!
Damn this wedding ring!....Wheres the axe?!

I got married 34 years ago to a good looking girl. She's lost some of her looks but I've lost some of my hair. She's still funny when she wants to be and laughs at my jokes, when she can hear them. We still respect each other and each other's views and although she may not look like that nice hairdresser bint in Corrie, she'll do for me. 8)[/quote]

awwwww.....another one.....i've gone all pink and fluffy inside! hee hee!

Dilfor...you could always start out with a fatty and proceed on a regimen of sexercise to get her into the shape you DO desire..think of your sense of acheivement.....boinked beautiful.....fecked to fitness.....shagged into shape....in fact....i think thats a damn fine idea for a fitness video...dont you....it would make a fortune....perhaps we could get well known chunky tv personality to be the shagee...let me think....fern britton perhaps ....or dawn french..she's pretty! What do you think?!

My "want" is actually relatively simple.

What I have now is someone that (though circumstances currently conspire against us) when I wake up next to the person in the morning I'm glad to be alive. Someone who I just have to see to be happy. Someone that we don't have to say anything to each other - that I just have to be with the other person to feel happy.

[BBR mentions "skeletons" - there were skeletons in my closet that I'd not gotten around to telling this person about and her sister found out and told her (these are the circumstances mentioned above).]

The person that I have next to me (in whatever form the "next" represents) is the person that, quite simply, I want to get old with. The person that I want to be a dribbling, incontinent, senile old fool (as opposed to the young fool that I am) next to. I want to hold her hand when she's upset and hold her close when I'm sad.

I know that because of the skeletons her family and village don't like me and are angry that I continue to exist. I know that she's embarrassed because of that, and so am I.

Sometimes I try to explain my feelings to this person and I feel such an idiot because - skeletons notwithstanding - the feelings have always been absolutely true and not remotely skeletal.

She's the person who makes me balanced - who gives me the work:life balance that I've been missing for so long and who, for the first time in my life, makes me realise that there's more to life than being single-mindedly committed to working and providing for her. She gives me a strange feeling, a feeling that, when I'm at work (normally my comfort zone) I can't wait to be at home with her.

Anyhoo ... ahem.

And to those people who would say "Hell, there's plenty more fish in the sea" I say this: she's not A fish, she's THE fish.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
diehard57 The NAAFI Bar 4
daywalker The NAAFI Bar 34
A Military Clothing & Boots 30