What watch?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Thomasaurus, Nov 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, what watches do you wear for ex's etc? Bit of a collector so being curious. You tend to get either cheap and cheerful that can easily be replaced or guys more in the you get what you pay for so it'll last boat I find.
  2. I was always a little old fashioned and preferred one that told the time. Yes, I know it's sad, but that's just me.
  3. In out now, but need a hard wearing watch. I didn't want CWC G10 as there's no date in it, there's the RAF G10 (Not my choice), that has the date. Or you can get the PRS-10 I think it's from Timefactors, £100 - said to be very good and hard wearing, but I got the RLT 6 £50, from RLT watches - Done me a grand job and if I need one in a few years, I'll go back to him.
  4. Ah yeah I'm a member of rlt's forum. Great watches and pretty limited runs on most so something a little special. I've never been a fan of g10's. I love the design but I find them a bit small. Mwc have brought out a 40mm version with better water resistance. Very tempting...
  5. Not fussy about water resistance, But I'm guessing in your location, you're probably falling over in the snow all of the time!
    Saying that, Roy didn't have any of the 24 hour faces in when I ordered mine, so it was 12 hour & date or 24 Hour, no date. Suited me fine as I only really wanted 12 hour. I like it, it's not too big or heavy and sit fine. also helps with work becuase it's so clear and easy to read the time, e.g. doesn't have 50,000 fcuking stupid dials behind it!
  6. I wear cheap g10 type watches as long as i can use it at night and its waterproof then I'm happy. If I hand the money I would go for a nite or traser.
  7. Definitely, I love nites. If your ever going to do some sort of monster charity trek or expedition speak to nite. A friend of a friend of mine was given a couple of mx10's when he climbed an unpeaked mountain earlier this year. Very helpful company.
  8. I wear a Citizen Eco Drive watch that cost me £70, absolutely brilliant bit of kit and i honestly dont know how its lasted me so long. Runs off light so it will never need batterys and even though the face is covered in scratches its still very easy to read.

Tells time, has the date and also has a very simple to use chronograph. Its the watch i use every day and i couldnt recommend it more, only niggle is that the leather and canvas strap rotted and had to be replaced with a G10 watch strap.
  9. gshock gshock
  10. Traser or Gshock. Both are hard wearing and dont cost the earth.
  11. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Gshock or Nite for out on Ex, but being a bit of a watch whore I have a Tissot T Touch for every day or an Omega Seamaster depending on what I'm doing
  12. Surprised no one's mentioned Suunto. You must all be poor!
  13. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Yep, I prefer the Titanium Altis Tech trail, tho thats my trekking watch not my Ex watch ;-)
  14. I think that sums up g-shocks. Tough an nails and cheap enough to bodge it and not give a toss about. True squaddie proof bits of kit.