What watch?

So, what watches do you wear for ex's etc? Bit of a collector so being curious. You tend to get either cheap and cheerful that can easily be replaced or guys more in the you get what you pay for so it'll last boat I find.

In out now, but need a hard wearing watch. I didn't want CWC G10 as there's no date in it, there's the RAF G10 (Not my choice), that has the date. Or you can get the PRS-10 I think it's from Timefactors, £100 - said to be very good and hard wearing, but I got the RLT 6 £50, from RLT watches - Done me a grand job and if I need one in a few years, I'll go back to him.

In out now, but need a hard wearing watch. I didn't want CWC G10 as there's no date in it, there's the RAF G10 (Not my choice), that has the date. Or you can get the PRS-10 I think it's from Timefactors, £100 - said to be very good and hard wearing, but I got the RLT 6 £50, from RLT watches - Done me a grand job and if I need one in a few years, I'll go back to him.
Ah yeah I'm a member of rlt's forum. Great watches and pretty limited runs on most so something a little special. I've never been a fan of g10's. I love the design but I find them a bit small. Mwc have brought out a 40mm version with better water resistance. Very tempting...

Ah yeah I'm a member of rlt's forum. Great watches and pretty limited runs on most so something a little special. I've never been a fan of g10's. I love the design but I find them a bit small. Mwc have brought out a 40mm version with better water resistance. Very tempting...
Not fussy about water resistance, But I'm guessing in your location, you're probably falling over in the snow all of the time!
Saying that, Roy didn't have any of the 24 hour faces in when I ordered mine, so it was 12 hour & date or 24 Hour, no date. Suited me fine as I only really wanted 12 hour. I like it, it's not too big or heavy and sit fine. also helps with work becuase it's so clear and easy to read the time, e.g. doesn't have 50,000 fcuking stupid dials behind it!

I wear cheap g10 type watches as long as i can use it at night and its waterproof then I'm happy. If I hand the money I would go for a nite or traser.

I wear cheap g10 type watches as long as i can use it at night and its waterproof then I'm happy. If I hand the money I would go for a nite or traser.
Definitely, I love nites. If your ever going to do some sort of monster charity trek or expedition speak to nite. A friend of a friend of mine was given a couple of mx10's when he climbed an unpeaked mountain earlier this year. Very helpful company.

I wear a Citizen Eco Drive watch that cost me £70, absolutely brilliant bit of kit and i honestly dont know how its lasted me so long. Runs off light so it will never need batterys and even though the face is covered in scratches its still very easy to read.

Tells time, has the date and also has a very simple to use chronograph. Its the watch i use every day and i couldnt recommend it more, only niggle is that the leather and canvas strap rotted and had to be replaced with a G10 watch strap.

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Gshock or Nite for out on Ex, but being a bit of a watch whore I have a Tissot T Touch for every day or an Omega Seamaster depending on what I'm doing

I think that sums up g-shocks. Tough an nails and cheap enough to bodge it and not give a toss about. True squaddie proof bits of kit.
yep agree on g-shock. bought a g-shock to start my basic training with and it's still on my wrist every day. Bought myself a fancy Swiss Military quartz thing and it looks quite good over evening dinner with a nice shirt but the G-Shock does all other duties. As said they really are tough and this one has been through some rough stuff and survived more than the wrist it's attached to.

Not in anymore, but I do wear my watch all the time: building; skydiving; car fettlin'; watching TV; interwebbng.

I have a 1987 PX acquired Rolex Sub on a black G10 strap. Never stopped, glass is bomb proof never scratched it has a date but I always forget to move it on and the end of a short month so I never bother anymore.

My watch of choice: Ruhla NVA Kampfschwimmer As worn by NVA grenztruppen during the Kalte Krieg. Very few originals knocking about, if you do manage to track one down, you are paying silly money. Ace watch.

Latest Threads