what watch to get??

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by zedhead, Nov 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,ive just started my recruit training for the TA RLC at Grantham.When i pass out im hoping to go into the seaman/navigator trade for a completley new challenge and bearing in mind this will involve swimming was wondering if any of you guys could advise me on what watch to use.I know that the cwc G10 is water proof to 50m but have seen posts that do not advise swimming with it.Any advice would be appreciated....thanks

2. Why would you need a watch? If you are under-water-knife-fighting and become breathless, just pop up for some air.

Simple

3. Thanks i will bare that in mind,could prove to be a usefull tactic

4. Ignore advice on this subject from anyone in the AAC. If you take it your nickname thereafter in your chosen Corps will forever be 'PumpyWumpy' or 'Squidge'.

5. waht?????? :?

6. Recommend one of these bad boys:
    The Nite MX20 watch range come finished in a gunmetal PVD and offers the best in strength and durability. Our MX20 features a solid stainless steel case which in turn incorporates a uni-directional bezel. The MX20 boasts a highly reliable Swiss made movement which comes with a 10 year lithium battery.

*Please Note All of our watches are from the new 2007 Range*

The Nite MX20 watch range features -

Diameter - 45mm

Depth - 13.35mm

Weight - 110 Grams (Polymer) 172 Grams (PVD Stainless Steel)

Dial Options - Black

Water Resistance - 200m / 660ft

Crystal - Sapphire

Movement - Ronda 715.Li.6

Battery - CR2016 10 Years

Strap Options - Polymer , Gunmetal Stainless Steel

Attached Files:

7. Thanks blobmiester whats the price roughly on one of those

8. £190 or there abouts

9. They were advertised in 'Soldier Mag' for around 215 when I brought mine, I went straight to the company, and with postage it was 175 (older version, only slightly changed)
    Think it's around 200 squid, but money worth spending, it's fu**ing awesome and heavy duty, you would have trouble trying to break it!

10. One that you can set FIVE minutes before! Or 10 depending on the SSM!

11. You obviously need a Rolex Submariner but failing that a Casio G-shock, about £50 from Argos, will do!

12. Is there anything a bit cheaper that would do the job :?

13. If you know one of "them' they have an NSN and are on issue to the Blade's. Could try getting it through the system but don't hold your breath.

14. You could go to your CQMS/SQMS and sign out a G10 for men, Only £30 if you want to lose it. :D

15. Or get someone you don't like to sign one out and .... I leave the rest to your imagination..............