What was your personal big event in 2009

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, Dec 31, 2009.

?
  1. Yes - fantastic

22.9%
  2. No - rubbish

42.9%
  3. Average - neither good nor bad

32.4%
  4. 2009 - I wish I could remember

1.9%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Last day of the year and the time for a bit of a look back and silliness. What event has been the major factor in how 2009 was for you?

For those who were/are on ops then it may be around that, but others it may be birth of their child, marriage/divorce, promotion or even demotion, joining/leaving the army; whatever was a major factor in your life.

For me 2009 had two major events, firstly I retired (today officially) and became one of the poor pensioners (can someone tell me how to claim all those lovely benefits that chavs seem to get?) and secondly a major event for me was stopping drinking alcohol. This will be my first sober New Year in many a long time. After more than 40 years propping up the bar/ brewery/ treasury I have had to stop. No big dramas (now) and I am enjoying life without hangovers 8)

So lets hear your big event.

2. You're Scottish, you don't need any benefits - Just go out into the street and club the first person you see, hopefully they'll have wrote their PIN in their wallet somewhere.

2009 best for me, probably Xmas, daughters nearly 3 now so it's the first one she really understood.

3. I smashed one out in the office yesterday because I was alone and bored.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well done smudge - quality time with your only friend :D

5. You don't need mates when you have a varied p0rn stash like mine ;)

6. Finally getting rid of my old house and being able to buy a flat after my divorce. Being single again and enjoying chasing skirt :D

7. Being sacked.

I didn't think I would miss Army life, but I do.

Litotes

8. Big night out tonight then? :twisted:

My big personal event this year?
    My little lad (2 years old) actually having a proper conversation with me. Bloody marvellous. :D

9. Is it - your squib is extremely intelligent or you have the mental agility of a 2 yr old.................. 8)

10. Both. :wink:

11. New ski mask knife sharpened and bundy bus revve'd up :wink:

12. Divorce came through, from what i can only describe as a complete and utter scutter of an ex wife.

Saved my pension from the money grabbing, cheating creature!

So roll on 2010!!

13. Bad Event: Getting sacked too - First bit of mail in ages on Herrick and it was a Fcuk You Very Much from BT.

Good Event: Getting an FTRS. (Thank feck - nearly had to get a real job!)

14. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's been a crazy year of ups and downs for me.

Major down was my Grandfather dying of the big C and seeing my Country being destroyed by a one eyed idiot.

Biggest ups were getting married, getting a shiny new car and getting promoted to the position of General Manager at work.

My big plan for 2010 is to get out of London and move to a big house in the Countryside with some land.

15. Up side was getting engaged (and promotion which is always good as means more money!)

Down side was finding out the hard way that all women are snakes with tits and it all falling through! Including the possible re-union!! so hope 2010 is better!! lol