What was your first gig or concert

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by DieHard, Apr 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frank White band in Sheffield.

3. No! I remember going to one in 1970ish in shepton mallet and to this day I have absolutely no idea who it was performing...no matter they were probably shyte anyway.

4. Rory Gallagher some time in the seventies - Ulster Hall. He was the only one who would do concerts in the mayhem of Belfast in those days. Pre drugs but everyone shedded including himself. RIP.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ohh, I tell a lie. My Dad took me to a Shakatak gig in Birmingham in 1984.....

6. Led Zeppelin Knebworth Festival August 1979 ..... 79 was a good year also saw Thin Lizzy and The Clash later that year

7. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Do you know I can't remember my first gig.
    Best gig Graham Parker and the Rumour. Belfast, Queens uni 70s.
    Most troublesome Zep at Knebworth
    Consistently brilliantest Rory Gallagher or the Stones.
    Fun George Thorogood
    Next one Fairport at Cropredy

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

8. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

David Bowie, Waldbuehne, Berlin, mid 80s.

(Or Queen may have been first, same details, memory a bit fuzzy).

9. Too many fried brain cells to remember properly, but it would probably have been Dunelm House in Durham around '67.

Don't know who did the bookings, but he was a genius, got acts that were about to break for bugger all....... I think they got Hendrix just as "Hey Joe" charted, I heard they paid them £30.

Unknowns like Free and Jethro Tull and Family blew us away, plus off the wall stuff like the Skatalites, and Geno Washington.

Over in Sunderland, saw Country Joe and the Fish at The Bay Hotel, then there was the old bowling alley, christened The Fillmore North, where the cream of rock played.

This guy was the promoter, I read his book a while ago and it brought it all back...Welcome to geoffdocherty.co.uk

10. The Tymes, Nottingham Palais, '74?

Is that Grayson Perry introducing them on TOTP?

11. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

• Like Like x 1

12. snap! Led Zep at Knebworth was my first gig too