What was the name of that military show/contest in the 90s?

When i was younger i remember a brilliant show that i think was every year. They had loads of stuff like the big cannon pulling competition and stuff. Can anyone remember the name? As i want to watch it online!! Ive not seen it on TV for years which makes me think its stopped.

I dont think it was the Royal Military Tattoo, as it was all stuff like Marines coming down on ropes, little pretend battle scenes using blanks and things like that! Anyone remember?

Thanks
Ollie

The Royal Tournament perhaps?

It stopped as we needed the cannon elsewhere. Oh and the rope.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ollie2376 said:
that is definitely the one!

Does anyone know somewhere where i can watch the full episodes?

Cheers for your help!

Hasn't been done for years as Scarletto says but there are plenty of clips on YouTube.

Like here (click)

Thanks fellas!

It should start up again, would be ace! I can see how with all the current stuff going on that they concentrating on other things though

Ollie2376 said:
Thanks fellas!

It should start up again, would be ace! I can see how with all the current stuff going on that they concentrating on other things though
The boys would be chuffed to have another draw on their time and effort I am sure :D

I have a feeling he isn't on about the Royal Tournament, but the TV show from the 80's to 90's where the various Infantry( and similar) regiements competed against each other in all manner of military style events...

including
a gun pull (a light gun i think)
a off road driving and falling plate comp
a raft race, which involved carrying the raft through a booby trapped are.

can't remember any more.

THis was the show that made silly string famous for finding trip wires

Edit:Oh.... wait here it isCombat

Apparently the Gun Race, contested by RN crews, will be one of the attractions at the Windsor Tatoo later this year. Sorry, but I don`t have any links or web site addresses for same.

rockape623 said:
Apparently the Gun Race, contested by RN crews, will be one of the attractions at the Windsor Tatoo later this year. Sorry, but I don`t have any links or web site addresses for same.
www.windsortattoo.com

Nice one, Scarletto. I believe that this is going to be quite an occassion, attended by HM Queen and other senior Royals.

I've just watched a few of those vids, what a shame that we've lost that... :(

scarletto said:
rockape623 said:
www.windsortattoo.com
I was reading that the gun run has been cut down because of H&S and now just involves a run, no or limited walls/gaps/swings.

Well better some than none.

S_R

Ord_Sgt said:
Yeah, but just think of the synergy and pro-active finanical realisations coupled with efficiency and, er, synergy that we managed by axeing all that tiresome tradition and national pride....

chocolate_frog said:
Ord_Sgt said:
Yeah, but just think of the synergy and pro-active finanical realisations coupled with efficiency and, er, synergy that we managed by axeing all that tiresome tradition and national pride....
Oh you mean cnuts who just don't get it? The loss of the Royal Tournament is a crying shame - The Tories would do well to bring it back next May, revive a little of what we are all about.

Ord_Sgt said:
chocolate_frog said:
Ord_Sgt said:
Oh you mean cnuts who just don't get it? The loss of the Royal Tournament is a crying shame - The Tories would do well to bring it back next May, revive a little of what we are all about.
I would love to see it happen again but the problem is who's going to go? The RN teams for the gun run did nothing else for the 6 months before. Where can we find the spare rating's that can do this in the numbers needed? Same goes for the rest of the army and airforce.

Ord_Sgt said:
Oh you mean cnuts who just don't get it? The loss of the Royal Tournament is a crying shame.
I miss watching the Royal Tournament. That and the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and the Festival of remembrance were always worth waiting for.

It's a pity the last Festival of Remembrance was a heap of arty farty shoite TBH. Get that back on track too.

Bring the Royal Tournament back.