What, us?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rumpelstiltskin, Jan 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thoughts, anyone?

edited to add source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080106/pl_afp/usvote2008democratspakistannuclear_080106061351

2. would have been nice for her to ask first.

3. They don't need to ask they will just tell Broon what to do!

Jockster

4. We need another Maggie!!!

It’s pathetic that we haven’t had a PM since with the balls to tell the yanks where to go.

5. Hillary - mad as a hat rack, can't even spell her own name properly.

Why would we want to be involved. Who would we send? Why would the Pakistanis even want it?

6. I may be in for a bit of a caning here :twisted:

Yes it would be nice to be asked first but I don't thing she means a deployment of 1 LOAMSHIRES. It was probably off the top of her head anyway but - I think she means technical oversight and ensuring that nothing goes missing. Bearing in mind that currently bits of the Pakistani Military seem to do as they like, then this seems at first glance not a bad option.

The Devil will as usual be in the detail.

Taking cover!

7. Hold on.

For a start she said 'perhaps'. Second, she has no authority to request anything from a foreign government at the moment. Thirdly, why would we want to tell them where to go on this issue?

8. Might be a good idea. Can't see the Pak govenment likeing it though.

"Would you mind awfully letting representatives from the Great Satan and your former colonial overlords have a bit of a dig around your nuke base. Thanks."

9. I doubt it somehow, last time i was working there the papers were screaming blue murder that we were there to steal all their nukes, cant honesltly see them being too happy with us having any access at all.

10. What a load of old tosh. Why would the Pakistanis want to do that with their independent nuclear deterrent? I mean to say, we wouldn't want the US overseeing ours now, would we?

11. Edited to remove the dross.

12. a) she's not been elected
    b) she wont be elected. and if she keeps coming up with crap like this she definitly wont be.
    c) Britain wouldn't ever get involved (like that anyway).
    d) HC can propose what she likes. I doubt anyone in pak cares much what she thinks (a white non muslim woman).
    e) Paks sharing nukes with a country allied to india?
    Its DAFT.

13. I rather thought politics was about saying whatever you think the greatest number of actual voters who turn up want to hear so you can get into power then endulge yourself in the National Supermarket Trolley Grab, where yourace other politicians to stuff as much money in your pockets as you can before your time is up.

Works for the UK or the US, same game different currency thats all.

So I doubt Hillary will remember what she said if she gets in, and finds the realitiy of office a little harder than gobbing off from the cheapseats.

Still, I may be wrong but, wasn't it her husband who removed the authority from the US sy forces to enforce executive action when necessary, leading in no small part to 9/11. So not so sure she will be doing tough on the regions most two faced country, after Saudi.

14. Due to our own shortage of experts we would have to sub the work out to France anyway.

Like the Dounreay/HMS Vulcan clean up ?

15. Unless HC would be happy with a few thousand otherwise unemployable graduates of media studies. We aint short of them.