What unit are these soldiers from?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Astatine, Apr 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From what unit are these fellows in the blue berets?

And what unit is the Anglo-Carribean with the red beret?
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

3. 6th Battalion Diana's Own Household Anglicans.
  4. I think that's "Anglians", not Anglicans!

It seems that the one's with the blue berets are RAF Regiment Akrotiri.

I didn't think that there were any Anglo-Carribeans in the paras.
  5. Sorry, would you like to go back to the 1970's you nugget?
  6. It could be 5th airborne RAMC
  7. Can't be 5th Airborne, as they were wiped out at Arnhem, never to be reformated.
  8. The stable belt is the same ;)

I also beg to differ:

On the 14th November 1983, 5 Infantry Brigade was re-designated 5th Airborne Brigade, re-introducing an airborne formation once again into the British Army’s order of battle.

It came under command of the 3rd (UK) division one of two divisions forming part of the Allied Command Europe (ACE) Rapid Reaction Corps, for employment with NATO. The Brigade’s secondary role was conducting Out of Area (i.e. outside Europe) operations.
  9. Looking carefully at the photo, I am not sure that they are actually British troops.
  10. and looking at your post I am sure that you should step away from the meths
  11. They could be Dutch marines, with the pigmented fellow being a Dutch para from the Netherlands Antilles.
  12. Really? That'll come as a shock to HMS Albion... which is what they were disembarking from on Wednesday when the phot was taken; they thought they were bringing back British troops.... where are they from then, you military genius?

The lad in maroon is from 16CS RAMC, who are part of 16AAB, who 5AB became in 1999. The stable belt is a giveaway.
  13. Lock this mods?
  14. Except that the Dutch desi DPM is very smiliar to the septics......unlike this chap
  15. I thought I recognised the TRF on the chap infront! Do I get a halfpoint for 5AB ;)