Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What TV show have you just watched

Based on your recce patrol and review we started watching this last night. excellent series, funny (seriously funny in quite a few places), and sometimes sad, both of us really enjoyed it.
Glad to have been of service, I finished it last night. Some brilliant moments, ( "I think its time I left too .. ) and as you said some sad stuff. Reminds me of that old US show " The Wonder Years " but with tits and humping

The Ken Burns Prohibition series on Netflix.

Excellent, especially the first episode with all the detail of how the temperance movement turned itself into a lobbying machine.

The episode featuring the failed electoral run of Al Smith in 1928 also goes to show that fake news is nothing new in American politics.

Hi, are you watching this on the UK or US Netflix? ( where i live we dont get those regions, so will have to change the settings)

Thank You

Hi, are you watching this on the UK or US Netflix? ( where i live we dont get those regions, so will have to change the settings)

Thank You
Let me know how that works out, as far as I know because without a VPN I cannot change Canadian Netflix to US or UK Netflix which sucks the big one because the US library is 10 times larger than the Canuck one, although we do seem to get a lot of UK series on it.

The current Mrs Berlin_104s and I have just watched the final episode of 'Grimm' on Amazon Prime (I think it might be on Netflix too), having watched all 120-odd episodes (spread over six series) during the past couple of months. I have to say that we were both completely blown away by the whole thing and would thoroughly recommend it. See the blurb below taken from the IMDB website:

"Portland detective, Nick Burkhardt, has seen some gruesome crime scenes, but nothing prepares him for the strange visions he begins seeing: seemingly regular people momentarily transforming into hideous monsters. A visit from his only living relative reveals the truth. Nick has inherited the ability to see supernatural creatures, and as a "Grimm," he is tasked with keeping the balance between mankind and the mythological. A reformed "Big Bad Wolf" becomes his greatest (and also reluctant) ally and confidant. It's not long before his work as a policeman leads Nick to the criminals he once thought were only found in fairy tales."

Give it a go!

I watched the first series of Grimm but by the end it became far too repetitive. Just about everybody was a monster in disguise apart from himself. Got bored of it.

I watched the first series of Grimm but by the end it became far too repetitive. Just about everybody was a monster in disguise apart from himself. Got bored of it.
Lots of back stories, sub-plots, unexpected twists and turns from then on!! I thought it was brilliant.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Lucy Worsley, BBC4, dressing up to show us how chunks of American 'history' are fibs with clips of four presidents lying, one will charitably suppose through ignorance, about their country's history on their inauguration podium/TV etc. This prog about the Americans' (actually British subjects) illegal rebellion (all men are created equal as long as they are white), next week their (un-)Civil War.

Lucy Worsley, BBC4, dressing up to show us how chunks of American 'history' are fibs with clips of four presidents lying, one will charitably suppose through ignorance, about their country's history on their inauguration podium/TV etc. This prog about the Americans' (actually British subjects) illegal rebellion (all men are created equal as long as they are white), next week their (un-)Civil War.

Oh, Lucy Worsley? She's one of my major turn-ons as she is quite unconventionally good looking and extremely smart.

Jeremy Wade's' Mighty Rivers'.

This week it was looking at the Ganges, it's impact on society there and, less pleasant, Indian Society's impact on the river.

The bits about the effect Indian industrial activity is having on the river and the sight of bits of the river that are basically black with chemical pollution and human waste is heartbreaking.

A decent series that lives up to his excellent 'River Monsters' efforts. Though, at half an hour long, the episodes are a tad short.

Doesn't leave you feeling any sympathy for the Indian nation though.

Re next week, I look forward to seeing if Lucy has anything to say about the Barabara Frietchie story:

Barbara Frietchie by John Greenleaf Whittier