Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What TV show have you just watched

TV for me is like buses, nothing for ages and then three come along together.

'Inside the Factory' BBC2, Nescafe this time, well narrated. Interesting was the total automation of the whole thing from truck with beans to truck with palleted jars, in this way much like previous shows in the series. Nobody about AT ALL except the people showing the presenter around. Corbyn must love these programmes. Clearly there are alternatives to Nestle so less worrying than the episodes on say milk, or bread, which showed that if something took out just one factory there would be a huge hole in our food chain.

Then the new sewer on BBC2 - huge engineering project to shift London's sh!t which is flowing generously into the Thames. I had thought the good news over recent years was how the Thames had been cleaned up, salmon going up river etc. Not so I think, it's horrible and don't fall in. I just rather like pics of these huge engineering projects like this and Crossrail and so forth. Fortunately TV doesn't do smells yet.

Finally on catchup, architect and artist Rennie Mackintosh (and his artist wife) on BBC4, a very interesting bio that could have been a bit shorter with a bit less of the presenter, but that's the BBC way.
I like those Inside the Factory programmes. Baldy is a bit annoying but I can put up with him especially after listening to the commentators at the World Cup, in fact I would say after that he's ok.
But back to the programme if anybody reading this hasn't seen the coffe factory watch it, it's quite remarkable what goes into making instant coffee, I'd hate to get their electric bill, very interesting and quite an eye opener.

I like those Inside the Factory programmes. Baldy is a bit annoying but I can put up with him especially after listening to the commentators at the World Cup, in fact I would say after that he's ok.
But back to the programme if anybody reading this hasn't seen the coffe factory watch it, it's quite remarkable what goes into making instant coffee, I'd hate to get their electric bill, very interesting and quite an eye opener.

Interesting programme, but both the presenters get on my thruppenys. Baldy has to repeat everything the worky bloke tells him in a mock incredulous way & they both feel the need to emphasize the scale of things. “Fifty THOOOOUSAND litres?!!! Wow!”
It’s a bit like it’s dumbed down for 8yr olds at times.

Very rude, but unbelievably funny, had us both absolutely creased - Sacha Baron Cohen's new 'Who Is America?'

Who Is America? - All 4

This comes up with #2 but don't miss #1 either.

It's unbelievable that people can be so dim and be led along the way SBC does it. The Georgia politico take for a marvellous ride in #2 has apparently just resigned. You think some people are stupid? You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

I am now up to date with Series 3 of Preacher and it is living up to the standard of the previous shows. The characters are probably the most interesting and well written of any show that I have seen. And the story is brilliant and dark. One of the best shows on Amazon at the moment.

I am halfway through Luke Cage and I'm really enjoying it although I am surprised that it has not received a slagging for the black stereo types that make up the characters.

Anybody watch Travels in Trumpland with Ed balls on BBC2?I found it surprisingly good even it was a bit all about Ed every now and then. He travelled around America sounding out people who voted for Trump.

Currently watching "From Earth to the Moon" an HBO Tom Hanks miniseries that I somehow missed originally

It's very well done

Fabulous series, I’ve got the box set. It originally aired on C4 at noon on a Saturday so pretty much sunk with out trace. Having seen the ships at Kennedy still not sure if brave or dumb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anybody watch Travels in Trumpland with Ed balls on BBC2?I found it surprisingly good even it was a bit all about Ed every now and then. He travelled around America sounding out people who voted for Trump.
We watched it last night. As I said on another thread, I couldn’t stand the guy as a Politician and was prepared to throw virtual rocks at the TV, but have to say I found him to be a personable presenter and the programme (first of three) was very interesting. Last night he concentrated on the ‘redneck’ community and he certainly had a very clear agenda to start with (demonising Trump). However, as the programme progressed, he seemed to accept that to a certain type of American, Trump can do no wrong. Some great scenes with the veterans and also when he tried his hand at WWF style wrestling.
I will certainly tune in for the rest of the series - perhaps Ed has found his forte. Let’s hope so, as I for one wouldn’t like to see his smug face on Labour’s front benches again!