Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What TV show have you just watched

I've recently watched some of Steve Irwin, the maniac Aussie animal botherer on Netflix.
I'll confess here and now that I've never before seen any of his TV shows but was aware of who he was & what he used to do.

Swimming with sharks: Here's me expecting him to be on this rather well equipped boat with loads of scuba gear etc, but no. He was in a tiny boat with an outboard motor almost big enough for him and his missus to sit in with the cage. They chuck the cage into the water tied to the side of this rowboat and in he gets. Just a mask, snorkel & still in his effing safari suit! He's got absolutely massive Tiger sharks getting together to play "let's sink this tiny boat" and they nearly do. Proper mental.

Annoying Crocodiles: He's just wandering around the enclosure with this ginormous bloody row of teeth, generally winding it up and evading being lunch by a gnats whisker. He then talks about & shows footage of this particular Croc almost biting his arm off & they show the footage. He's now arrsing about in it's enclosure (I swear this thing was about 10 foot long) causing it to turn and snap at him. I'm at this point sat their aghast.

Cobra baiting: He's got this huge effing cobra and for entertainment value he's chasing it with a stick. this snake rears up to about 5 foot in height & is mightily p1ssed off by now so the mad bugger chases it up a tree all the wile hissing & striking at him.
"Strewth, this fella's a bit aggressive" he says.
Yes he would be because you're chasing it with a big effing stick!!
I hate snakes with a passion, when I see one every atom in my body sees them as the enemy and I couldn't watch any further.

The Programme was called Steve Irwin's Wildest encounters or something like that, and they weren't kidding. As I said, I've never seen anything of his in the past & now I have I'm surprised he lived as long as he did.

I've recently watched some of Steve Irwin, the maniac Aussie animal botherer on Netflix.
I'll confess here and now that I've never before seen any of his TV shows but was aware of who he was & what he used to do.

Swimming with sharks: Here's me expecting him to be on this rather well equipped boat with loads of scuba gear etc, but no. He was in a tiny boat with an outboard motor almost big enough for him and his missus to sit in with the cage. They chuck the cage into the water tied to the side of this rowboat and in he gets. Just a mask, snorkel & still in his effing safari suit! He's got absolutely massive Tiger sharks getting together to play "let's sink this tiny boat" and they nearly do. Proper mental.

Annoying Crocodiles: He's just wandering around the enclosure with this ginormous bloody row of teeth, generally winding it up and evading being lunch by a gnats whisker. He then talks about & shows footage of this particular Croc almost biting his arm off & they show the footage. He's now arrsing about in it's enclosure (I swear this thing was about 10 foot long) causing it to turn and snap at him. I'm at this point sat their aghast.

Cobra baiting: He's got this huge effing cobra and for entertainment value he's chasing it with a stick. this snake rears up to about 5 foot in height & is mightily p1ssed off by now so the mad bugger chases it up a tree all the wile hissing & striking at him.
"Strewth, this fella's a bit aggressive" he says.
Yes he would be because you're chasing it with a big effing stick!!
I hate snakes with a passion, when I see one every atom in my body sees them as the enemy and I couldn't watch any further.

The Programme was called Steve Irwin's Wildest encounters or something like that, and they weren't kidding. As I said, I've never seen anything of his in the past & now I have I'm surprised he lived as long as he did.
His stuff was entertaining,but he really was an utter fruit bat.

Wife and I finished binge watching GODLESS again a Netflix 8 part Western.

I have mentioned this before on this thread but have never seen anyone else post a review but let me reiterate, if you have a chance to watch it do so.

If you can't be arsed to watch all eight episodes open up the last one turn the lights down, crank up the sound system, grab a beer or whatever and watch the final gunfight, I guarantee you will rewind it.
135_godless_105_unit_07115r.jpeg

4eee8d7237aea41c35a5ff5bbf96e488f682a979.jpg

godless-1280-1511226358023_400w.jpg

071_godless_106_unit_08639r.jpeg

latest

His stuff was entertaining,but he really was an utter fruit bat.

After he died, his American wife tried to milk it by producing a US series called something like 'Bindy the Jungle Princess' in which their eponymous daughter - in her own 'Mini-me' safari suit - got to handle koala, bush babies and the like.

Not sure if it was ever shown in the U.K. But it was on one of the few English-language TV channels available in Cambodia.

Terrible. In every way imaginable.

After he died, his American wife tried to milk it by producing a US series called something like 'Bindy the Jungle Princess' in which their eponymous daughter - in her own 'Mini-me' safari suit - got to handle koala, bush babies and the like.

Not sure if it was ever shown in the U.K. But it was on one of the few English-language TV channels available in Cambodia.

Terrible. In every way imaginable.

Bindi is all grown up and on dancing with the stars.

Tricky to watch, as there are a lot of memories pulled up for her in a very emotional context.

No way did the network hope for this..... [emoji849]

Season 1 of Amazon's GOLIATH was outstanding and thoroughly enjoyable to watch so based on that we binged watched Season 2 yesterday.

DO NOT READ MY REVIEW IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO WATCH IT

We must have missed an important point in the first 30 seconds because it devolved into a mind boggingly confusing plot line. Not helped by casting three characters with the same beard and body type it took a second to try and figure out is this the good guy, bad guy #1 or bad guy #2 talking which caused even more missed dialogue. The plot line can only be described as weird, wacky and dumb, episode seven in particular started with an 'out of the blue know not why' hostage scene straight out of a Quentin Tarantino movie - just bonkers - so much so that I started fast forwarding 7 mins in, the scene ended 40 minutes later in the same house and the same people still yelling at each other - batshit. Totally disappointed with the show altogether.

I re-watched the superb BBC series Behind the lines dealing with selection and training for the RM Mountain and Arctic Warfare cadre a few weeks ago, and today returned to BBC4 to see if they had anything else of that standard. This is one of the other offerings, and it's frighteningly bad and embarrassing, in production and content. Admittedly it's as much about the political embarrassments of the period, but that quality certainly translated to what they showed of Pathfinder Platoon, which deserved far better. Dear me.

Have just watched Ep 12 of the current Billions series. Fooking hell it keeps on delivering. I thought it had a couple of meh episodes earlier on but its cranked up the ante again. Looking forward to the Axe/Chuck interaction with a possible new dynamic. .

Lucifer has been picked up by Netflix. Lets hope it follows the trend of other Netflix shows and goes dark.
I want to see the Prince of Darkness get nasty and Mazakeen show why she is Hells chief assassin / torturer.

Non of this namby pamby ‘ohhh Chloe is going to marry the Lieutenant’ bullshit. Bring on the ‘suck it Chloe, I’m the devil...bitch, oh and make room for Maze, she is joining us tonight’.

Wife and I finished binge watching GODLESS again a Netflix 8 part Western.

I have mentioned this before on this thread but have never seen anyone else post a review but let me reiterate, if you have a chance to watch it do so.

If you can't be arsed to watch all eight episodes open up the last one turn the lights down, crank up the sound system, grab a beer or whatever and watch the final gunfight, I guarantee you will rewind it.
135_godless_105_unit_07115r.jpeg

4eee8d7237aea41c35a5ff5bbf96e488f682a979.jpg

godless-1280-1511226358023_400w.jpg

071_godless_106_unit_08639r.jpeg

latest
It was a good shoot out

"F" is For Family, animated series on Netflix of a family living in 1973 America. Bill Burr, the stand up comedian is the voice of the father, a Korean War veteran working at a shitty airline after his dreams of being a pilot went south.
Its offensive, definately not PC, loads of swearing and shagging and funny as ****.