Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What TV show have you just watched

The Grand Tour -- the episode where they try to feed a village called Bingo, in Mozambique.

It's time for the lads to retire. They're looking old, fat, tired and they've run out of ideas. Their attempt at celebrity irony in the closing shot.... see for yourselves, if you have Prime.

No snowflake here but I have to question their (and their team's) hold on reality when they waste so much food in a land that's acknowledged to be one of the of the poorest. In particular, allowing the live fish to die in such a manner that would have had the RSPCA feeling their collars if they'd done that in the UK.... literally suffocated and broiled simulatenously. James May, Captain Slow & Sensible, you're a cock.

I've not bothered watching that particular episode having binned it off in series 1 but just the concept of that episode seems utterly fcukin barking. It really should be chinned off. Let May & Hammond do their own presenting on some of the very interesting stuff they've done & clarkson can piss off & retire. he's had his day & is a joke now.

I tend to disagree on that as I felt it remained strong until the end. However, some of the later bits felt a little loosely bound together.

On your recommendation I've stuck with it and I'm glad I did.
It started to feel like it was getting too clever for itself and the narrative was a bit lost, style over substance, but two more episodes down the line it seems to be back on track again.
The last Ep I watched, where he meets up with his sister again & you explore more of their back story was rather good & had a real Manga feel to the early fight scenes. The style/substance balance is much better.

On your recommendation I've stuck with it and I'm glad I did.
It started to feel like it was getting too clever for itself and the narrative was a bit lost, style over substance, but two more episodes down the line it seems to be back on track again.
The last Ep I watched, where he meets up with his sister again & you explore more of their back story was rather good & had a real Manga feel to the early fight scenes. The style/substance balance is much better.

The twists relating to the Sister plotline are seriously grim and dark. Also, the torture scenes were pretty clever in a way too.

Last night's BBC4 repeat of Clarkson's 2014 film about convoy PQ17. vvg indeed.

Agreed. I am rapidly coming to hate the very sight of Clarkson and the other two berks from The Grand Tour, but the PQ17 documentary was seriously good and JC did a very good job, with passion and sincere interest. Like to see him do more to be honest.

Currently watching 'THIS MORNING' on ITV.
The UKIP leader and his girlfriend are being interviewed. The presenters have just read a statement to him from his wife. The statement is harsh and essentially wipes the floor with him.
The presenters Holly wnd Philip are holding no punches.
I feel that just from this bterview alone the UKIP leader needs to resign.

If you have catch up TV its from 10.30am onwards on the 22nd February 2018 show.

And it seems as if my prayers (and those of most sci-fi fans) have finally been answered. If Amazon can do this justice and make it as great as Netflix did for Altered Carbon, it will be epic.

Amazon's answer to 'Altered Carbon' is Iain M. Banks' space opera

Star Wars who now?

I always wished someone would find a way to make some of Peter F Hamilton's novels onto the screen, especially Falen Dragon.

Would love Joe Halderman's Forever War Trilogy to go screen someday too. However both things have quite complex plotlines and such.

And it seems as if my prayers (and those of most sci-fi fans) have finally been answered. If Amazon can do this justice and make it as great as Netflix did for Altered Carbon, it will be epic.

Amazon's answer to 'Altered Carbon' is Iain M. Banks' space opera

Star Wars who now?
It's going to be an Amazon Prime exclusive? Yeah, **** you Netflix, I'm reallllly not going to subscribe now. (Apart from the trial so I can watch that Jackie Chan/Pierce Brosnan film "The Foreigner")

P.S Good spot, Skunkmeister. Thanks.

PPS, my last night's viewing involved a trio of documentaries on BBC4 -

Queen Victoria's Children - "Princes will be Princes". Eye opening how much of a horrible person Victoria was, and just what her sons had to put up with from her.

Queen Victoria's Children - 3. Princes Will Be Princes...

Wellington: The Iron Duke Unmasked.

Wellington: The Iron Duke Unmasked

and finally:

The Genius of Turner: Painting the Industrial Revolution.

The Genius of Turner: Painting the Industrial Revolution

All of which I heartily recommend that you click on the Iplayer links and watch.

Last edited:
It's going to be an Amazon Prime exclusive? Yeah, **** you Netflix, I'm reallllly not going to subscribe now. (Apart from the trial so I can watch that Jackie Chan/Pierce Brosnan film "The Foreigner")
Why bother, just get Showbox on your tablet/phone (assuming you have an android device) and then chromecast it to your larger televisual device.

"Christmas Cruising with Jane McDonald", Chanel 5, now . . . for another 1/2 hour to 2200hrs.

I imagine she could irritate some, but I am one who appreciates her carefree personality, risqué sense of humour, and mucky innuendo!

She really is a "tart" . . . ;) . . . and, very acceptable "eye candy" for the more mature fella!

Her standard question for the blokes she meets is . . . "Are you married ?!" :) .
She's at it AGAIN . . . ;) .

This evening "cruising" the Danube.

"Are YOU married?!" . . . :) !!

Having just watched Troy Fall of a City on catch up from last night
( quite liking it)
I see on the interweb the BBC have had complaints - about the violence - particularly the human sacrifice of King Agamemnon's daughter - too much, too upsetting .. apparently.

Well all I can say is "poofs! "

To a hardened Game of Thrones watcher ...
Troy was nothing.