What TV show have you just watched

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
Invasion on Apple TV. Currently on Ep 6, only on that as i have it on in the background while WFH, and i dont like investing time in an episode or 2 then not watching the rest, even if its a bit rubbish.
For me, series is a a bit rubbish. About an Alien invasion, and you dont see much in the way of Aliens except for a brief glimpse here and there. Series described as character driven, which effectively means its just a soap opera about people but as something odd is happening, Aliens.
Pretty much 90% of every episode is all about how crap the characters lives are. Why cant Aliens invade people who are normal well adjusted people?
Promises a lot, delivers little, for me anyway. EIther Independence Day was far far far better than this.
1 UFO out of 5

endure

GCM
Streaming on Amazon Prime.

Thirteen Lives

The rescue of of 12 children and their soccer coach from a Thailand Cave.

Thirteen Lives is the title of the movie that tells the story of the rescue of twelve children and their soccer coach from a Thailand cave.

It's available for streaming via Amazon Prime.

The True History Behind Ron Howard's 'Thirteen Lives'
When you've watched that get yourself a subscription to Disney+ and watch 'The Rescue' which is the real life version with real footage and not a film star in sight. Only the kids and their rescuers.

Worth a month's sub to Disney+ even if you don't watch anything else.

He’s a lot better than Brian Blesseds fake beard
That's Z Cars you're thinking of.
1659711354989.png

I always wanted a Ford Zephyr

Last edited:
Talking Pictures (Freeview 82) currently showing “Out“ at 9pm Thursdays. I first saw this as a nipper in 1978 and thought it pretty brutal back then, like a harder Sweeney. Tom Bell is excellent as newly released from prison bank robber Frank Ross, looking for the grass who put him there. Bleak South East London vistas and some pretty strong 70s attitudes and language that warrant a trigger warning at the start.
I remember that one, featured a young Andrew Paul, The Bill's Dave Quinnan. I always thought that Tom Bell was playing Tom Bell.

Someone mentioned on another thread that they were watching "The Death of Yugoslavia" a 6 part BBC documentary. I'd never seen it and found it online.

I highly recommend it to anyone with a passing interest in conflict. Packed with interviews of the main players and footage I'd never thought existed.
ETA: How fcvking useless are the UN.
ETA 2: I'd love to have been part of the snatch detail when the criminals were dragged into a Transit and hauled before the Hague.

Last edited:

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Keep Breathing on Netflix.

Started out ok and then just descended into a low budget shit fest.

Reminded me of those crappy straight to TV movies from the 90s and early 2000s that they used to show in the early days of Channel 5.

Leading actress wasn’t very good and seemed to have been selected based on looks as opposed to any talent.

Don’t waste your time.

Someone mentioned on another thread that they were watching "The Death of Yugoslavia" a 6 part BBC documentary. I'd never seen it and found it online.

I highly recommend it to anyone with a passing interest in conflict. Packed with interviews of the main players and footage I'd never thought existed.
ETA: How fcvking useless are the UN.
ETA 2: I'd love to have been part of the snatch detail when the criminals were dragged into a Transit and hauled before the Hague.

it’s a lovely set of countries to visit worth exploring everywhere, also fecking cold with that Siberian wind..

Funny thing about snatch details while a elbow or assistance was frowned upon it quietened people down. It also led to allegations of brutality whereas kid gloves treatment is never contested.

it’s a lovely set of countries to visit worth exploring everywhere, also fecking cold with that Siberian wind..

Funny thing about snatch details while a elbow or assistance was frowned upon it quietened people down. It also led to allegations of brutality whereas kid gloves treatment is never contested.
We sat on a terrace eating lunch in Mostar some years ago overlooking the rebuilt bridge.
Yes, a beautiful part of the world.

Latest Threads