What TV show have you just watched

Big Timber on Netflix - reality show following the fortunes of an independent sawmill owner and logger in British Columbia. Fascinating insight into an industry I knew nothing about, other than that wood comes from trees.

The Girl in the Picture, Netflix. A documentary from the "you couldn't make it up if you tried and if you did nobody would believe it anyway". Murder, incest, paedophilia, rape, and the "it could only happen in America" feel to it.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
The Girl in the Picture, Netflix. A documentary from the "you couldn't make it up if you tried and if you did nobody would believe it anyway". Murder, incest, paedophilia, rape, and the "it could only happen in America" feel to it.
I think those things are not as uncommon as one would hope in the UK.

EddieVDog

War Hero
I think those things are not as uncommon as one would hope in the UK.
'murder, incest, paedophila and rape'...sounds like a typical family night in Lincolnshire............in exactly that order

EddieVDog

War Hero
Then would it be "T'lass int picture"? :)
A lad from Qadring (small Lincs village) declares to his parents that he's going to marry a lass from the next village. 'Is she a virgin?' asks his Dad 'Why, yes, Dad, she is' the lad proudly declares. 'Then you're not marrying her' says Dad 'If she's not good enough for her own family, then she's not good enough for this one'

The last three episodes of Better Call Saul on Netflix (including one pretty dull one, sadly). While trying unsuccessfully to find the name of an actor at the end-credits, I noted that they make seven or so different language versions, covering most of the world. If a British production company could push out anything of such quality, it'd coin it.
Instead, they've asset-stripped the businesses and bought yachts. Or produce Emmerdale-and-the-like crap.

The last three episodes of Better Call Saul on Netflix (including one pretty dull one, sadly). While trying unsuccessfully to find the name of an actor at the end-credits, I noted that they make seven or so different language versions, covering most of the world. If a British production company could push out anything of such quality, it'd coin it.
Instead, they've asset-stripped the businesses and bought yachts. Or produce Emmerdale-and-the-like crap.

That's the point of the B&W episodes, to show how dull and staid Saul's life has become compared to his colourful and eventful past.

Waldeck

War Hero
Assassins Creed. Seen it before but missed about 10 minutes of the beginning. Liked it.

Sticky847

Old-Salt
Were you trying to find the name of the cancer suffererthat Saul sets up near the end As I thought at first it was Paul Giamatti but wasn’t.

No. Jim O'Heir, formerly of Parks and Recreation:
Clipboard01.jpg

Talking Pictures (Freeview 82) currently showing “Out“ at 9pm Thursdays. I first saw this as a nipper in 1978 and thought it pretty brutal back then, like a harder Sweeney. Tom Bell is excellent as newly released from prison bank robber Frank Ross, looking for the grass who put him there. Bleak South East London vistas and some pretty strong 70s attitudes and language that warrant a trigger warning at the start.

Latest Threads