What TV show have you just watched

Watched the first episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi with Mrs Critical Dummy.

We both rather enjoyed it.

I humbly apologise for not knowing which channel it's on, I got it by nefarious means.

NSP

LE
Ricky Gervais: Super Natural. The Netflix special that's got him in the news this week for taking the piss out of trans activism. Probably the first time the guy has ever made me laugh, if I'm honest. Sets up a narrative about how all the woke cancel shite is killing comedy. Can't say I can argue, there.

Snookie

Old-Salt
Watched it last night and agree with the above 100%

I'm going to miss this show
Better Call Saul, series 6 ep6 last night, last 2 episodes have been a bit slow but last nights mid season finale( ? ) saw the culmination of a long running plot in the series that left me with a great appreciation of the character of Howard Hamlin and the actor that played him, would like to say more but wouldnt want to spoil it for someon, the last 3 minutes were utterly engaging.
100% agree.
Totally get what your saying about Howard, was really into Kim and Jimmys plot to bring Howard down and couldn’t wait to see him get his comeuppance but your spot on, the last 3 minutes of episode 7 were some of the best telly I’ve ever watched.
A real WTF moment.
I thought nothing could be better than Breaking Bad but Better Call Saul is looking that way.
Roll on the end of July for the next 6 episode.

Last edited:
You aspirational, capitalist pig-dog!

Well to be fair...
letterkenny-to-be-fair.gif

I am going to watch it at work tomorrow night in works little cinema...

Ron Livingston's Band of Brothers FULL Video diary

Ron played Lt Nixon, the lush intelligence officer who kept hiding booze in Winter's foot locker.
HBO asked him to film the production from the Boot Camp, where everyone had to use their character's name, not their own, and start moving and acting like soldiers instead of actors pretending to be soldiers.
Quite funny in places, but you do see these actors start to take on the persona of the real Band of Brothers.

I may have horrendously mis read something on the screen, but eg the Rastafarian COmmando on the most recent ep had an Army Commando badge on his left arm, whereas the others had Royal Marine Commando, and i (possibly erroneously) assumed there was such a thing as an army commando

I was being a bit facetious by referring to Commando as a name for a unit, ie 42 Cdo as opposed to Commandos formed by the Army. (Although come to think of it I was assuming that Commando was indeed used by the Army to describe bodies of such troops).

Sticky847

Old-Salt
100% agree.
Totally get what your saying about Howard, was really into Kim and Jimmys plot to bring Howard down and couldn’t wait to see him get his comeuppance but your spot on, the last 3 minutes of episode 7 were some of the best telly I’ve ever watched.
A real WTF moment.
I thought nothing could be better than Breaking Bad but Better Call Saul is looking that way.
Roll on the end of July for the next 6 episode.
The best character to me now is Lalo, a Salamanca prequel to the prequel might be great!

Just watched Queen Elizabeth the Unseen Queen on BBC 1. Simply wonderful.

Last edited:
Michael Palin's Around the World in 80 Days.

Re-watched it in BBC iPlayer and to be honest, it was wonderful to watch how the world was back in the 80's and how much the world has changed since then.

Billy the Kid. (Epix or FlixHD) 2022

Somewhat reminiscent of 1883 travelling cross country BTK is based on the life of Billy the Kid, from his humble Irish roots and his early days as a cowboy and gunslinger in the American frontier, to his pivotal role in the Lincoln County War and beyond.

I have watched 2 episodes so far and it's a well done production and quite entertaining.

TamH70

MIA
I finished watching "The Man in the High Castle", finally. It only took me from even before the first lockdown until last night to get through it. It's not like the show is bad or owt like that, indeed once you get past the utter ludicrousness of what drives the plot and sets things into motion, verging into nonsensical territory when things like "Heisenberg" bombs get mentioned, it's actually rather good.

I think that the main problems with my lack of engagement with the show came because of there being so much good telly and movies being out there that prior to the lockdown garbage l had managed to miss, and the lockdowns gave me a chance to get up to date with them.

Anyway, as l said, the show is quite good, getting a solid three and a half Concorde jets with Hakenkreuz insignia on the tail find out of five. All four seasons are available on Amazon Prime Video.

Don't laugh

Downton Abbey
The best actors are always the nasty characters , in this they are infanticidal hag, Sara O'Brien, played by Siobhan Finneran, and the thieving, conscienceless coward, Thomas Barrow, played by Rob James-Collier.

I keep watching in the hope that they fall under a carriage-and-four.

I think that the main problems with my lack of engagement with the show came because of there being so much good telly and movies being out there that prior to the lockdown garbage l had managed to miss, and the lockdowns gave me a chance to get up to date with them.
Further to that sometimes it's hard to get into another new series immediately after watching a great one. You are (or were) invested into the characters and story that jumping in to a different set up it can take a while to change the mindset.

ches

LE
Been watching Ten Percent on Prime. Its a UK version on a French show of the same name about a show biz agency. A great cast led by Jack Davenport with many leading Brit actors playing a caricature of themselves as the agency's Clients. Its bloody funny & we've enjoyed the first series of 8 episodes. Hopefully a second series has been commissioned. Def recommended.

syrup

LE
The Regiment.

BBC I Player

3 Months in 1977 with 1st Battalion of the Royal Green Jackets in 1977.

Covering ceremonial duties in London and a 6th Month Tour in Cyprus.

I'm sure it was short for the time but their hair looks long.
The officers refer to themselves as "one" all the time.
Everyone smoking like a chimney

Apart from the beach, swimming pictures with films they've all seen they are soon bored on Cyprus reminding what a tour was like pre-internet and mobile phones.

1654013812061.png

4/5 Fast Marches

ugly

LE
The Regiment.

BBC I Player

3 Months in 1977 with 1st Battalion of the Royal Green Jackets in 1977.

Covering ceremonial duties in London and a 6th Month Tour in Cyprus.

I'm sure it was short for the time but their hair looks long.
The officers refer to themselves as "one" all the time.
Everyone smoking like a chimney

Apart from the beach, swimming pictures with films they've all seen they are soon bored on Cyprus reminding what a tour was like pre-internet and mobile phones.

View attachment 666991

4/5 Fast Marches
Also available on YouTube

Finally finished watching all of Ozark a couple of days ago, enjoyed it very muchly over the last couple of months.

Last night I started watching The Flight Attendant with Penny Kaley Cuoco, not what I expected - in a good way. It looks quite promising.

Last edited:

Latest Threads