What TV show have you just watched

The Hermit of Trieg - BBC4/iPlayer

A meticulous diarist and avid photographer, Ken Smith has spent the past four decades in the Scottish Highlands, living alone in a log cabin nestled near Loch Treig, known as 'the lonely loch'. He has no electricity or running water. He lives off the land, fishing for his supper, chopping wood, and even brewing his own tipple. Filmed over 10 years, director Lizzie Mackenzie poetically captures Ken's profound, spiritual relationship with the wilderness: "If you love the land, it loves you back". Now in his 70s, Ken reflects upon the reasons he turned his back on society, the vulnerability of old age and the awe and wonder of a life lived in nature in this humorous, transcendent and life affirming feature documentary.
The current mrs_mush and I came across this last night as there was f-all else on and we were tired. What a beautiful film about a fascinating man. Savagely beaten in his mid-20s' after a night out, he spent three weeks in a coma and wasn't expected to survive, let alone walk again. He does though and makes a decision to leave mainstream society for a while so off he goes to Yukon and spends three years just walking around Northern Canada incommunicado . When he returns he finds his parents have both died. Stricken with grief he ends up in Scotland and begins his life as a hermit.

What we both liked about him was that he didn't come across as any sort of woke-warrior, or eco-fanatic. He just wants to be alone.

Well recommended

The Hermit of Trieg - BBC4/iPlayer

The current mrs_mush and I came across this last night as there was f-all else on and we were tired. What a beautiful film about a fascinating man. Savagely beaten in his mid-20s' after a night out, he spent three weeks in a coma and wasn't expected to survive, let alone walk again. He does though and makes a decision to leave mainstream society for a while so off he goes to Yukon and spends three years just walking around Northern Canada incommunicado . When he returns he finds his parents have both died. Stricken with grief he ends up in Scotland and begins his life as a hermit.

What we both liked about him was that he didn't come across as any sort of woke-warrior, or eco-fanatic. He just wants to be alone.

Well recommended
We watched it too. He came across as a very decent human being and the whole programme was a very good antidote to all the other nonsense that is dominating our TV Channels at the moment, masquerading as entertainment.
I loved his stash of home made wine!

ugly

LE
At the top in bold - My5 - Channel 5's catch up service.
Thanks not tried ch5 yet!
I’m also looking for an LAPD drama I think it’s “Southlands” or similar set in South Central LA

Better Call Saul, series 6 ep6 last night, last 2 episodes have been a bit slow but last nights mid season finale( ? ) saw the culmination of a long running plot in the series that left me with a great appreciation of the character of Howard Hamlin and the actor that played him, would like to say more but wouldnt want to spoil it for someon, the last 3 minutes were utterly engaging.
Watched it last night and agree with the above 100%

I'm going to miss this show

Thanks not tried ch5 yet!
I’m also looking for an LAPD drama I think it’s “Southlands” or similar set in South Central LA
Southland

As I've said earlier in this thread this is, for me, the best US procedural police drama. Everything about it is incredible from the realistic plots, the character arcs to the actors playing the roles; simply superb

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Southland

As I've said earlier in this thread this is, for me, the best US procedural police drama. Everything about it is incredible from the realistic plots, the character arcs to the actors playing the roles; simply superb
Southland is in my top five all time TV. Terrific show, very realistic and I've heard it accurately portrays life on the beat for LA's finest.

I don't like Ricky Gervais. Well until I watched the excellent Afterlife I didn't

last night I watched Super Nature on Netflix (his new stand up show)

By f**k he was cutting near to the bone , totally anti woke , bad taste subjects and jokes , lots of use of the C word.........................Loved it!

absolutely first rate , what's been needed

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Very good series, watched it a few times. Try the stremio app on play store- all 5 seasons are on there.
Thanks for that info, I used to use Cinema HD but it seem to gone awry recently.

I'm halfway through watching Gangs of London. For me, each episode is better than the previous one. Admittedly there is the occasional scuffle and smear of blood and in the fourth episode we nearly had a sex scene, but it was avoided. I've just worked out where I recognise the thug 'Mark' from. He is Adrian Bower who was the sports teacher in Teachers.

TamH70

MIA
Finished watching Season One of "Person of Interest". Bloody good programme, well-acted, engrossing plots, lots of bone-crunching action, and the show is the Ur-example of how Hollywood thinks about both technology in general and computers in particular. Root and Bear have shown up, which is nice, as they are both quite charming in their respective fashions. No score yet, as I'm waiting to see how things turn out for the whole series.

It's on Amazon's "FreeVee" strand.

Finished watching Season One of "Person of Interest". Bloody good programme, well-acted, engrossing plots, lots of bone-crunching action, and the show is the Ur-example of how Hollywood thinks about both technology in general and computers in particular. Root and Bear have shown up, which is nice, as they are both quite charming in their respective fashions. No score yet, as I'm waiting to see how things turn out for the whole series.

It's on Amazon's "FreeVee" strand.

All filmed in New York...

I don't like Ricky Gervais. Well until I watched the excellent Afterlife I didn't

last night I watched Super Nature on Netflix (his new stand up show)

By f**k he was cutting near to the bone , totally anti woke , bad taste subjects and jokes , lots of use of the C word.........................Loved it!

absolutely first rate , what's been needed
Sarah Vine reviews it in todays DM. She likes it!

triggerigger

On ROPS
On ROPs
That's what we resorted to. Volume of adverts was annoying but it's done now. Yellowstone promising so far.
Just watching the first episode as soon as the cadaverous wooden twat Costner appeared on the screen I Knew it would stink . But when he shot that horse and it mooed I realized this an arid version of waterworld in installments. It doth both sucketh and bloweth verily. Not much else on though.

Obi-Wan Kenobi.

What's this trend of having a wide aspect ratio while being meant for TV? Star Trek Strange New Worlds has this too.

Well some of us have a slightly bigger telly than your PYE 11" Black and White.

Latest Threads