What TV show have you just watched

philc

LE

Sticky847

Old-Salt
Better Call Saul, series 6 ep6 last night, last 2 episodes have been a bit slow but last nights mid season finale( ? ) saw the culmination of a long running plot in the series that left me with a great appreciation of the character of Howard Hamlin and the actor that played him, would like to say more but wouldnt want to spoil it for someon, the last 3 minutes were utterly engaging.

I watched the DI Ray series on ITV. The first I watched with a certain amount of trepidation as I was expecting a wokefest, but I actually enjoyed the whole series.

Yes, there is an element of racial disharmony, but all in all I think it as handled well and I found it thought-provoking and I could well imagine the things portrayed as likely irl. That side of things was balanced nicely with the story of the case, with a nice few twists (though I figured out who was behind it quite early on) and some nicely handled emotional scenes too.

I wouldn't call it a 'must watch', but I hope there's a second series because I think DI Ray deserves some justice herself.

To the Lake. Netflix.
A virus affects Moscow. Society rapidly breaks down. Within the first ten minutes, we see heavily armed men dressed in black head to the suburbs intent on looting the “rich houses”
Whilst two are content to take some blokes telly, one decides to stay behind and rape a very pregnant woman. He is stopped before he can do it.
This was made in 2019. Art predicting life? I didn’t bother with the other seven episodes.

Does Netflix on a 27" screen count as 'telly'?
Don't care; I don't watch 'television' at all anyway (it's all made in Nigeria, from what little I do see, rather like that embarrassing last James Bond film).

Anyway, Someone in the Press started howling about Ricky Gervais's latest show, 'Supernature' - 'ooh, it's so offensive, on every level', so I had to see it. I'll bet that the audience viewing figures shot up as a result of the frail journo's fluttering blood pressure. No mention of the roaring laughter all the way through the show, mind - thousands of Nazis just itching to get to the re-education camp.
The Times has woken up to the story. Oooohh, the fainting!

The response from the Guardian will involve howling, gnashing of teeth and rendering of garments. Such fun.
The Guardian's writers are concentrating on 'institutional racism' at the moment (there's even an article about black asylum seeker families - from the USA - being deeply disappointed to find that Britain is a racist hellhole).

But that's the 'race' stable of writers; there's a scented group whose task is to ensure that Gervais is cancelled in whatever way they can dream up, and they'll be shouting 'hold the front page' until they've done their thousand words.

The Guardian's writers are concentrating on 'institutional racism' at the moment (there's even an article about black asylum seeker families - from the USA - being deeply disappointed to find that Britain is a racist hellhole).

But that's the 'race' stable of writers; there's a scented group whose task is to ensure that Gervais is cancelled in whatever way they can dream up, and they'll be shouting 'hold the front page' until they've done their thousand words.
Begs the question on what grounds are they seeking asylum and are they US citizens?

Also straight after the Royal Marines docu on Sunday night was Idris Elba's Fight Club. This was the final episode, in which Elba's novice boxers took on the Army Boxing Team at York Hall in Bethnal Green.

Does Netflix on a 27" screen count as 'telly'?
Don't care; I don't watch 'television' at all anyway (it's all made in Nigeria, from what little I do see, rather like that embarrassing last James Bond film).

Anyway, Someone in the Press started howling about Ricky Gervais's latest show, 'Supernature' - 'ooh, it's so offensive, on every level', so I had to see it. I'll bet that the audience viewing figures shot up as a result of the frail journo's fluttering blood pressure. No mention of the roaring laughter all the way through the show, mind - thousands of Nazis just itching to get to the re-education camp.
I just watched that and I can report that I wasn’t offended in any way and laughed throughout, listen out for the dwarfs, brilliant.:-D

My brother has got that.
Absolutely brilliant.
You can turn around inside the plane & see all of the crew doing their jobs during the raid or look over the side & see your bombs landing.
I watched it via an Oclus. It did give the feeling of being lifted into the air via 4 Merlins.

Caught up with "Commando: Britain’s Ocean Warriors" last night. Struck me as a well put together documentary-style ad and good luck to them, ep3 about the female AACC applicant & Rasta-Adjutant did the wokery shuffle but to be expected.

Did spark a gen question though, however laudable (and I take my hat off to her) the egg-beaters ambition is there a genuine operational need for a commando trained Chef/Cook?
Steve Seagal can do it I reckon "I'm just a cook" Get Erika to jump out of a birthday cake and job jobbed.

Is that the only way to watch it? With ads?

No ads with Amazon Prime, this is just a free way to watch Amazon prime stuff without an Amazon Prime membership

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Yellowstone - My5

Just finished off the first season of Yellowstone. Damn good in my humble opinion. A couple of saggy episodes in the middle but ended well.

I didn't think Kayce was going to turn out the way he did, his shot at redemption with his wife has failed and he's firmly back in the Dutton clan. The way he hanged the property developer was his reversion to his ruthless self.

What concerns me is that apparently, they're on season 4, yet season 3 isn't out in the UK and I believe that season 2 is being dripfed every week at the moment.

Anyone have any more news on how I can catch up?

ugly

LE
Yellowstone - My5

Just finished off the first season of Yellowstone. Damn good in my humble opinion. A couple of saggy episodes in the middle but ended well.

I didn't think Kayce was going to turn out the way he did, his shot at redemption with his wife has failed and he's firmly back in the Dutton clan. The way he hanged the property developer was his reversion to his ruthless self.

What concerns me is that apparently, they're on season 4, yet season 3 isn't out in the UK and I believe that season 2 is being dripfed every week at the moment.

Anyone have any more news on how I can catch up?
What’s it being shown on?