What TV show have you just watched

Sue perkins doing the van life in the US. Good in parts but there's a better programme to be made about van life. Channel four two episodes.
It wasn’t a bad couple of shows, but from what I’ve watch on YouTube, she only scratched the surface of that lifestyle.
Did make me laugh when that guy got Sue to fire off a few rounds out of his handgun, she was terrified!

Ozark - Part 1 of series 4

This is really winding up to a massive climax; people are dropping like flies all over the place.

Part of me wants them to hurry up and release the end to find out what happens and the other part of me doesn't want it to end it's so good.
Mrs R found it on Netflix so we’re trying to keep the binge watching to two episodes a night. :)

I watched the first three and a bit episodes of Rookie Blue on Amazon last night.
I won’t be watching any more, I kept with it despite the poor wooden acting and poorly thought out scenarios. Set in Toronto Canada, it should have stayed there as well.
A shame as I was looking forward to a uniform police drama, oh well Bosch series 7 is now available and I’m now on the third episode of the final series of Ozark and Ozark is very good, in fact it’s 10/10poppy seeds from me.

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
On the Iplayer catchup thingy, I watched "Still Game", the episode where Robbie Coltrane, late of "Cracker", shows up as the Dial-a-Bus driver who eventually hijacks the bus, mit Jack, Victor, and the gossipy woman (plus a few unnamed randoms) and takes them on a magical mystery tour around the countryside. Meanwhile, Boabby the Prick, bartender of the Clansman, takes some time off to go bike riding in the countryside, and Winston takes advantage of his absence, and the stupidity of the locum barman the brewery sends to the pub, to raid the place for free drinks for everybody - except Jack and Victor, because they're still on the Dial-a-Bus - and hold karaoke parties.

There's even more plot and contrivances therein but it was hilarious to watch.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
The Responder - BBC iPlayer
Martin Freeman acts his bloody socks off as a disgruntled copper on the edge of both legality and psychosis. His marriage is falling apart (of course) and he's being coerced by the local drug dealer.

I've never been a fan of Freeman, despite him being an Aldershot lad. His somewhat gormless look worked in the Office, but he's forgotten to take it off since. However, in this, with an authentic sounding scouse accent, (to my ears, anyway), he's very good.

The first episode is a place-setter for hopefully more interesting stuff in future episodes.

We watched Episode 5 of The Tourist on catch up last night. What on earth was going on?! I realise he was ‘high’ and the scenes where he was wandering from room to room was depicting his memory flashbacks, but at times it resembled a bad episode of Dr Who!
Such a shame, as this series had such a strong start, but is finishing poorly imho.

Martin Freeman acts his bloody socks off as a disgruntled copper on the edge of both legality and psychosis. His marriage is falling apart (of course) and he's being coerced by the local drug dealer.

I've never been a fan of Freeman, despite him being an Aldershot lad. His somewhat gormless look worked in the Office, but he's forgotten to take it off since. However, in this, with an authentic sounding scouse accent, (to my ears, anyway), he's very good.

The first episode is a place-setter for hopefully more interesting stuff in future episodes.

Can't see his accent not get a kicking on Scotty Road, myself.

Seriously guys - watch Fauda - you won't be disappointed -

Here is the backstory behind the series...

I'm half-way through Season 3, has anyone else watched and enjoyed it (no spoilers please)?

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Afterlife - Netflix

T'other half and i started watching this sunday night - we will start series 3 tonight.

Blimey! Some really big laughing moments from both of us - tears (twice) from her, massive groan moments, bitter sweet stuff and some Brilliant writing, some of it cringe making

I can fully understand if folk dont like it, but we both love it

Offa

War Hero

Just finished binge-watching - I won't give any spoilers, except that I found it better than Line of Duty and Trigger Point; but really watched it to lust over Myanna Buring.

I'm half-way through Season 3, has anyone else watched and enjoyed it (no spoilers please)?

I thought it was excellent.

Johned

War Hero
For us there was shite on most channels last night so 'er indoors and self watched, in desperation, on Netflix Series one, first four episodes straight off, of "Poldark" with Aiden Turner. Seen it all before however but watching again reinforced in our minds just how good the whole shebang was. The only thing occurs to me though, is when watching these old series you wonder just what the actors and actresses look like today!

For us there was shite on most channels last night so 'er indoors and self watched, in desperation, on Netflix Series one, first four episodes straight off, of "Poldark" with Aiden Turner. Seen it all before however but watching again reinforced in our minds just how good the whole shebang was. The only thing occurs to me though, is when watching these old series you wonder just what the actors and actresses look like today!

Half of them probably look like this now -

1643217991071.png

Yes. It is excellent. I watch it with subtitles as the voice actors just sound wrong, even ignoring the lip movements, the voices don't match expectations given how the character looks. Hope there's a fourth series.

I have just this minute finished the final episode of Furia, mentioned by me recently. I might be a bit strange, but I thought it was absolutely excellent. Very suspenseful (if that's a word), well filmed and, surely, set up for a second series. Even the theme music was chilling. Heartily recommended - ten of Ragna's well-aimed shots out of ten.

Yes. It is excellent. I watch it with subtitles as the voice actors just sound wrong, even ignoring the lip movements, the voices don't match expectations given how the character looks. Hope there's a fourth series.
Also - some of the voices changed between the seasons - that was irritating, as if a couple of them didn't sound a bit gay already.

As far as dubbing goes it's pretty decent, although I have promised myself I would watch it again in Hebrew / Arabic with subtitles as you have done as this would no doubt be far more authentic.

I bloody love it though, and am chuffed to see Season 4 in the making.

Shalom Habbibi.

It was only made in 2015, so probably not much different to how they looked then.
Dempsey & Makepeace über-babe Glynis Barber on the other hand, still fanciable
1643295192389.jpeg
1643295220035.jpeg

Last edited:
Fred Dibnah's The Building of Britain (The Art of Castle Building episode) on BBC 4 now.

I could watch this man all day for his stories, voice and expertise in the subjects he's explaining. A real educator.

Latest Threads