What TV show have you just watched

D

Deleted 15400

Naked & Afraid on Discovery. Two "survavalists" a man & a woman dumped in some remote inhospitable location around the world butt naked & with a choice of implement each have to survive for 21 days living of the land.
The better episodes are when one or both are bat shit mental or just simply don't get on.
Love it when one of the contestants gives it large at the beginning stating how they are going to smash it & last a day or so before giving up...

Dopesick Episode 4 - Disney+
This has been my standout TV show of the year so far.

Dr Finnix (Michael Keaton) has slipped from sceptical doctor to flat out junkie. The DEA's case is finally getting traction and things go from bad to worse for Betsy.

Much has been made of its "right-on" characters, but the program is much better than that. Excellent acting all round and very enlightening.

Keaton is, as ever, excellent.

TWOT - first 3 episodes. Really cannot decide if it is a good story yet to unravel or just a cheap LoTR copy.

A couple more episodes to either bin it or be engrossed i reckon
Bin it already, its officially Tosh. See previous posts. It's Tosh, never to grace the screen again.

SpiderFox

Clanker
The Beatles Get Back

It'll be no surprise to most, but if you don't like their music then you probably won't like this.

Seven and a half hours of the fab four working on a project that they can't agree on. The idea is to rehearse new songs and play them live "somewhere" for a TV special. Or something.

The first part sets the tone with PM talking/playing for 50-60% of the time, GH 25% (complaining mostly), and JL and RS picking over the rest. It's lot's of rehearsals and chat in the cold and soulless Twickenham Studios, which ends with GH announcing he's leaving. The second part has GH returning, the sessions being moved to the more comfortable Apple Studios followed by even more rehearsals and chat. Billy Preston joins them at this point and he's not seen once without a huge grin all across his face. The third part has yet more rehearsals and chat, with the rooftop concert taking up the last half.

As it happens I do like their music, and I did enjoy this. Hearing the evolution of songs such as Get Back, Two Of Us, I've Got A Feeling and even Octopus' Garden was eye (and ear) opening, and the whole thing was well put together by director Peter Jackson. The Beatles themselves are shown generally to be in good spirits (both types), especially when they're playing. Yoko mercifully only appears fleetingly, as do the other wives, George Martin, engineers, producers, etc. Quite why the original Let It Be film was such a miserable affair is a mystery with the abundance of better material available here.

As I said if you're not a fan then repeatedly listening to the opening bars of Long and Winding Road, Dig It, Maxwell's Silver Hammer etc. etc. will probably do your head in; there's multiple clips on YouTube if you don't have 7+ hours spare.

What's not in the film is that for various reasons the Let it Be project was temporarily shelved. The Beatles did reconvene later in the year to put together Abbey Road (some of the songs are rehearsed in this film) whereas the album and film Let it Be were not released until the following year.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
The Beatles Get Back

It'll be no surprise to most, but if you don't like their music then you probably won't like this.

Seven and a half hours of the fab four working on a project that they can't agree on. The idea is to rehearse new songs and play them live "somewhere" for a TV special. Or something.

The first part sets the tone with PM talking/playing for 50-60% of the time, GH 25% (complaining mostly), and JL and RS picking over the rest. It's lot's of rehearsals and chat in the cold and soulless Twickenham Studios, which ends with GH announcing he's leaving. The second part has GH returning, the sessions being moved to the more comfortable Apple Studios followed by even more rehearsals and chat. Billy Preston joins them at this point and he's not seen once without a huge grin all across his face. The third part has yet more rehearsals and chat, with the rooftop concert taking up the last half.

As it happens I do like their music, and I did enjoy this. Hearing the evolution of songs such as Get Back, Two Of Us, I've Got A Feeling and even Octopus' Garden was eye (and ear) opening, and the whole thing was well put together by director Peter Jackson. The Beatles themselves are shown generally to be in good spirits (both types), especially when they're playing. Yoko mercifully only appears fleetingly, as do the other wives, George Martin, engineers, producers, etc. Quite why the original Let It Be film was such a miserable affair is a mystery with the abundance of better material available here.

As I said if you're not a fan then repeatedly listening to the opening bars of Long and Winding Road, Dig It, Maxwell's Silver Hammer etc. etc. will probably do your head in; there's multiple clips on YouTube if you don't have 7+ hours spare.

What's not in the film is that for various reasons the Let it Be project was temporarily shelved. The Beatles did reconvene later in the year to put together Abbey Road (some of the songs are rehearsed in this film) whereas the album and film Let it Be were not released until the following year.
I've seen a clip and whilst I don't like the beatles, the restoration looks phenomenal, as if it was shot yesterday (stand still, Lennon!)

Just watched a 4 part series. Skip part 1... 2-4 is totally fact, interesting, part of the job...or what it was.

Riveted, proud of what was achieved, of the professionalism, courage, and generally united attitude, of those in the UK at the time.

The leadership from the top down to platoon level, the spirit, attitude and character of a United Kingdom, before Blair split it up, it got diluted by an Immigrant invasion, and has become overrun by a woke, snowflake, PC, soft spoon-fed generation, who are being taught from an early age to wonder if they are Arthur or Martha.

I am. certain my parents and grandparents said it of their following generations, and sadly I accept that they were probably correct.

But to survive in this increasingly turbulent and uncertain world we presently exist in, our armed services will have to come up with the courage, resilience, and fortitude, that have been given to us as examples of what will be required to survive.

Last edited:
"The night of"
Drama about a young Pakistani man in New York who is arrested & charged with murder.
All the evidence is there & it's obvious to the cops that he's guilty but he protests his innocence.
Ten episodes available on Sky Atlantic.

Watched the BBC Special on Phil Lynott last night, which was followed by a fantastic Thin Lizzy Concert. This was around the time they were absolutely at their peak and released Live and Dangerous, arguably one of the best Live albums ever.
What a tragic waste of a life, but I suppose he went out in typical Rock Star style!
What I didn’t realise until watching this, was that he died at Salisbury Infirmary on Fisherton Street, a building I walk past frequently and now converted to Flats.
A wonderful night of nostalgia and thank you for the music Phil.

Watched the BBC Special on Phil Lynott last night, which was followed by a fantastic Thin Lizzy Concert. This was around the time they were absolutely at their peak and released Live and Dangerous, arguably one of the best Live albums ever.
What a tragic waste of a life, but I suppose he went out in typical Rock Star style!
What I didn’t realise until watching this, was that he died at Salisbury Infirmary on Fisherton Street, a building I walk past frequently and now converted to Flats.

Married to one of Leslie Crowther's (crackerjack) daughters, who also was a centrefold for Mayfair.

Famous last words were apparently while laid in his hospital bed.

"Nurse"

"Nurse"

(Nurse is now at his bedside.)

"Any chance of a w. a. n. k?"

It's one that you hope is true.

Famous last words were apparently while laid in his hospital bed.

"Nurse"

"Nurse"

(Nurse is now at his bedside.)

"Any chance of a w. a. n. k?"

It's one that you hope is true.
Like his quote on the Live and Dangerous album to the females in the crowd:
“Any of yous got any Irish in you”?
“Would any of you like a bit more Irish in you”?!

Last edited:
Naked & Afraid on Discovery. Two "survavalists" a man & a woman dumped in some remote inhospitable location around the world butt naked & with a choice of implement each have to survive for 21 days living of the land.
The better episodes are when one or both are bat shit mental or just simply don't get on.
Love it when one of the contestants gives it large at the beginning stating how they are going to smash it & last a day or so before giving up...
At last another fan! Although it is all rather the same go some where starve and moan for 21 days (BAOR exercise) the one with the gold start lesbian who had a breakdown was funny. How that bloke she was with didn’t hit her over the end and bury her is beyond me. The 2 kiwi twins though was a different matter. I know their BFI was too low for you but I could’ve watched their pixelated arses all day

D

Deleted 15400

At last another fan! Although it is all rather the same go some where starve and moan for 21 days (BAOR exercise) the one with the gold start lesbian who had a breakdown was funny. How that bloke she was with didn’t hit her over the end and bury her is beyond me. The 2 kiwi twins though was a different matter. I know their BFI was too low for you but I could’ve watched their pixelated arses all day
Agreed that Lesbian was a grade A nutter. I haven't seen tye twins one yet.

Two chubsters would be an excellent addition I feel...

endure

GCM
If you've got Disney+ 'The Rescue' is worth a watch. It's the story of the rescue of the Wild Boars football team from Tham Luang cave in Thailand as told by their rescuers.

"The night of"
Drama about a young Pakistani man in New York who is arrested & charged with murder.
All the evidence is there & it's obvious to the cops that he's guilty but he protests his innocence.
Ten episodes available on Sky Atlantic.
Finished the last episode this afternoon. Quite gritty & raw & highly recommended.
A rather satirical view of the US justice system.
As much as New Amsterdam is a satirical view of the US healthcare system.

Latest Threads