What TV show have you just watched

Binge watched the first two 90 minute episodes of the original Stieg Larsson’s Millennium: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Wow. Just wow.
Currently being rerun on BBC 4 on Saturday evenings. Scandi Noir at its very best. Noomi Rapace, who plays Lisbeth is astonishing.

Last edited:
Just binge watched the first two 90 minute episodes of the original Stieg Larsson’s Millennium: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Wow. Just wow.
Currently being rerun on BBC 4 on Saturday evenings. Scandi Noir at its very best. Rooney Mara who plays Lisbeth is just astonishing.
Dubbed or sub-titles?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just binge watched the first two 90 minute episodes of the original Stieg Larsson’s Millennium: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Wow. Just wow.
Currently being rerun on BBC 4 on Saturday evenings. Scandi Noir at its very best. Noomi Rapace, who plays Lisbeth is just astonishing.
Thanks for the reminder - I caught the first episode and forgot to watch Part II on Saturday....she's absolutely the Lisbeth I pictured in my head when I read the books....Wasp to the life.
As in ' do not fúck with....'

Thanks for the reminder - I caught the first episode and forgot to watch Part II on Saturday....she's absolutely the Lisbeth I pictured in my head when I read the books....Wasp to the life.
As in ' do not fúck with....'
She makes Jodie Comer in Killing Eve look like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz!

Binge watched the first two 90 minute episodes of the original Stieg Larsson’s Millennium: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Wow. Just wow.
Currently being rerun on BBC 4 on Saturday evenings. Scandi Noir at its very best. Noomi Rapace, who plays Lisbeth is astonishing.
I got a Blu-ray boxset of the Swedish Millennium Trilogy from Amazon at a stupidly small price a few years back.
They knock the Hollywood versions into a cocked hat, Noomi Rapace is brilliant in the role.

Was bored lastnight before I went for my walk so I sat down with Mrs RM for a bit. Watched that "The Hit List" on BBC, well what a box ticking joy that was, people of colour, gayers, lezzers......Unbelievable. Not like good old Family Fortunes where you had The Clampits from Salford. I did like the show format and that but it was just this need for inclusion that pi55ed me off.

Fück. Shit. Godammn.

Martin Freeman playing scary Mofo well dodgy FBI Agent in 'Startup' on Netflix.

Drugs, Cryptocurrency, Hackers, Black Hats, lots of sha££ing, Muff Munching, and scary Haitian mofos and Cubans offing each other alles uber der platze.

Just binge watched 5 episodes. Good so far.

Last edited:
Fit bird alert! Marketing manager Montana now showing in Hornby A Model World on the Yesterday channel.

Fishsoxs

Old-Salt
Just watched '14 Peaks Nothing Is Impossible' on Netflix detailing the expedition by Nimsdai Purja and his team who climb all 14 mountains over 8000 metres consecutively.

I think this adventure was mentioned several times on here, I can't remember which threads, possibly for the rescue attempts he made for stranded climbers, which became well documented in the press.

A fantastic insight as the predominant narrative was made by Nimsdai himself and his wife.

Well worth watching!

clanky

War Hero
The thread title asked what I'd watched. It didn't say anything about a review as well. It's an excellent show, about something I didn't know a great deal about.

The thread title asked what I'd watched. It didn't say anything about a review as well. It's an excellent show, about something I didn't know a great deal about.
Give us a review you lazy twat...

Just watched '14 Peaks Nothing Is Impossible' on Netflix detailing the expedition by Nimsdai Purja and his team who climb all 14 mountains over 8000 metres consecutively.

I think this adventure was mentioned several times on here, I can't remember which threads, possibly for the rescue attempts he made for stranded climbers, which became well documented in the press.

A fantastic insight as the predominant narrative was made by Nimsdai himself and his wife.

Well worth watching!

I watched this the other night. Tremendous respect for him and the other sherpas, but the "sherpas get a raw deal" message I didn't need. I'd watched Sherpa (I think it was called that, can't check right now) and thought "yeah, what you do is dangerous but you are not doing it for peanuts and protect it better than the Teamsters". But, that said, very impressed with him as a person and all those around him. His brother's take on him (and I am trying not to spoil anything for others) and his career choice was interesting.

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
TWOT - first 3 episodes. Really cannot decide if it is a good story yet to unravel or just a cheap LoTR copy.

A couple more episodes to either bin it or be engrossed i reckon

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Dopesick Episode 4 - Disney+
This has been my standout TV show of the year so far.

Dr Finnix (Michael Keaton) has slipped from sceptical doctor to flat out junkie. The DEA's case is finally getting traction and things go from bad to worse for Betsy.

Much has been made of its "right-on" characters, but the program is much better than that. Excellent acting all round and very enlightening.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
TWOT - first 3 episodes. Really cannot decide if it is a good story yet to unravel or just a cheap LoTR copy.

A couple more episodes to either bin it or be engrossed i reckon

I'm trying hard to like it, but it doesn't feel like a grown-up show at all. It's like a Young Adult production.

The kids are all pouty and angsty, there's no humour and it's not hard-faced enought to be "realistic." Rosamund Pike is a miserable cow and her samurai protector doesn't seem to be any good at his job.

It feels like a high-budget school play but with overwrought emotions and acting that makes a piece of 2x4 prepare his Oscar speech.

TWOT (haha) is a very well-regarded series of fantasy novels, so there must be something in it, but fcked if I know what.

Latest Threads