What TV show have you just watched

I've just finished the final episode of the final series (probably) of an Australian comedy called Upper Middle Bogan.

From Wiki:
Upper Middle Bogan follows the story of two different families connected by blood. Bess Denyar is a doctor who lives in a nice house in an inner city suburb of Melbourne with her architect husband Danny and 13-year-old twins Oscar and Edwina. Bess is stunned when she finds out from blood test results that she is adopted. This occurs when her overbearing posh mother Margaret is admitted to the hospital for high blood sugar levels. Bess tries to meet her birth parents, Wayne and Julie Wheeler. She is shocked to learn that she has three siblings (Amber, Kayne and Brianna) and that her biological family, the "bogan" Wheelers, head a drag racing team in the outer suburbs of the city.​

It's a fairly gentle sort of comedy, and I've watched it before so it obviously bears watching more than once. I watched it on Stan, but I believe it is also available On Amazon Prime.

uppermiddlebogan.jpg

wild_moose

War Hero
Started watching this;
th
last night. A sort of female version of 'Bad Boys', and quite amusing in what I saw. The advantage it has over the aforementioned series is that the stars are better looking.

Just realised, no title. It's 'LA's Finest'.
I watched both series of this - unfortunately it wasn’t very good which led to its doom.

Frankly, and rather shallowly, I kept going because Gabrielle Union was in it who i would watch talking about paint drying.

No Offence.
Ch4. Manc crime black humour by the same writer of Shameless.
No joke guys...you will spend half your viewing time spluttering your coffee & beers.
Bloody priceless, and very to the bone.
( It's worth the £3.99 per month to "buy" the advert skipper though)

Last edited:
I've finished the Swedish police drama Tunna blå linjen (my post 12,639 above) and rate it as quite good. I would certainly watch a second series should it eventuate.

For a bit of light relief I have, courtesy of BBC iPlayer, gone back to 2002 to watch the first series of Top Gear.
Where can I see that? Thank you.

ches

LE
Me & the missus have caught up with the Sky crime show, Wolfe. About a team of CSI bods in Manchester led by a charismatic chunky black Prof bloke. Its good stuff the lad playing the lead role has it spot on. Some class funny bits when his ex-wife is running rings around him & his daughter is taking the wazz. Dunno if a second series is on the cards but it should be. 3.4 autopsies out of 5

What's a Bogan?
From Wiki: Bogan (/ˈboʊɡən/ BOHG-ən[1]) is Australian and New Zealand slang for a person whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour are considered unrefined or unsophisticated. Depending on the context, the term can be pejorative or self-deprecating.[2] The prevalence of the term bogan has also been associated with changing social attitudes towards social class in Australia.

Since the 1980s, the bogan has become a very well-recognised subculture, often as an example of bad taste.[3][4] It has antecedents in the Australian larrikin and ocker, and various localised names exist that describe the same or very similar people to the bogan.[5]

Me & the missus have caught up with the Sky crime show, Wolfe. About a team of CSI bods in Manchester led by a charismatic chunky black Prof bloke. Its good stuff the lad playing the lead role has it spot on. Some class funny bits when his ex-wife is running rings around him & his daughter is taking the wazz. Dunno if a second series is on the cards but it should be. 3.4 autopsies out of 5

Just catching up with this tread.

I would second that recommendation for Wolfe. I enjoyed it and hope it returns for another season. I don't think it quite found it's feet but it was novel and good enough to hope for a second series.

Also second the recommendation for Paris Police 1900. Good acting and script, decent plot, excellent sets (of the quality the BBC usually claims it is the only company capable of). Any series that opens with a bloke croaking whilst getting a blow job grabs your attention. Interesting perspective on the development of police forensics with science starting to take over from quackery and pseudoscience. One of the characters, Alphonse Bertillon, was a real person and a sort of pioneer of forensics.

Also agree with the recommendation for No Offence. The big unit at the head of it is a sort of female Gene Hunt. I like programmes filmed in Manchester anyway.

Four Hours at the Capitol on Beeb 2 last night had me gripped. Through talking head recounts from participants from both sides as well extended footage of events, it was an engrossing account of the Jan 6 ‘insurrection’.

In some sequences, you could almost feel what it was like being in the crush of those trying to force their way in, and then being on the other side in the police line trying to stop it.

Hats of to the film editors piecing all the footage together into a coherent timeline.

German series on Netflix about General Franco. Die Warheit uber Franco. Interesting study of “one of Europe’s worst dictators” as they describe El Caudillo

German series on Netflix about General Franco. Die Warheit uber Franco. Interesting study of “one of Europe’s worst dictators” as they describe El Caudillo
They're just jealous that he hung around a bit longer than der Führer

philc

LE
Dopesick, about the Big Pharma opioid problem in the USA, 1 episode in and its just an eye opener, like most had a vague understanding but this just looks like a colossal screw up or just dont care about poor people lets make huge amounts of money.

Latest Threads