What TV show have you just watched

Seadog

ADC
One of my favourite shows. Especially some of the earlier episodes where the sardonic wit and edgy standoffs really happen. Dewy scenes being among them.
Raylan, Aunt Helen, Mags, Dicky, Art, Boyd, Ava, Winona, Wynn Duffy, Tom, Rachel, Arlo, Dewy, Dale and on and on. Great characters, great television. Ava in jail dragged on a bit but otherwise, great pace.

I read that the production team had the USMS and Kentucky State Police as technical advisors.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Currently watching The North Water on BBC2 about a Yorkshire whaling ship in Victorian times and Man in the High Castle on Amazon a story about how America would look set in the 60’s if Germany had won the war, I haven’t seen this man or a castle yet but he has been mentioned a few times.
Both are very entertaining but the killing of seals and the whale left the Mrs looking away saying how cruel it is, note the word IS:threaten: Honestly.

ches

LE
Romped through both series of the Clunes Manhunt prog & enjoyed it. Agree on the concentration on the Police side of things as opposed to the crim, with these crimes being so recent & so awful its hardly surprising & it seemed to be very well done. Well worth a watch. The copper himself, Colin Sutton, has a docu on one of the channels outlining his approach to the night stalker case - saw that about 6 weeks ago. Recommended.

Finished the BBC sub drama Vigil. Bit too long at 6 episodes & while the sub stuff was totally balls the plot & script wasn't too bad at all. Fairly decent stab I thought.

In total contrast watched the Goodwood Revival on ITV catch up - 2 x 90 mins episodes & it was glorious. Superb event as always & show did a decent job of catching it although cpl of 'to camera' pieces were repeated in the 2 episodes. Cracking drive by Jensen Button in an early 60s AC Cobra he hadn't driven before bar qualifying doing the business in the damp & wringing the cars neck after him being uber cautious on a soggy track.

no f in beer

War Hero
Also binge watched both series of Manhunt - very good, just police stuff, well acted

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Endeavour, watched it last night. A bit of an unusual tale this time, pretty much an 'old dark house' story. Not bad, although Morse is not a very likeable character. Roger Allam, however, is superb.

Seadog

ADC
One of my favourite shows. Especially some of the earlier episodes where the sardonic wit and edgy standoffs really happen. Dewy scenes being among them.
The opening Raylan/Tommy Bucks stand off is top feature film quality with a TV show budget and well, very well played and edited.

A few episodes in, Raylan Givens gets into a bar scrap with some pissed up civvies. His ex pash Winona is tending to his wounds:

"Arent you too old to be fighting?" says Winona

"Too old to be losing." replies our hero.

Been there!

I never got around to watching the final season of Justified so it might be the time to start from the beginning again.

Watched Squid Games on Netix, this weekend. As others have pointed out, it is South Korean and at times, oh boy, it certainly is. However it is a cracking series, with a good cast, interesting story that becomes more layered in the unfolding and several very good twists in the plot.
It takes 2 episodes to become "invested" in the characters and story, it's well worth it.
No spoilers but the final episode was a complete surprise and not what was expected. Possibility of a second series most definitely but I do not see how they'll top what they've done.
Dont know any Korean but it's ichi ban in my opinion.

Watched Squid Games on Netix, this weekend. As others have pointed out, it is South Korean and at times, oh boy, it certainly is. However it is a cracking series, with a good cast, interesting story that becomes more layered in the unfolding and several very good twists in the plot.
It takes 2 episodes to become "invested" in the characters and story, it's well worth it.
No spoilers but the final episode was a complete surprise and not what was expected. Possibility of a second series most definitely but I do not see how they'll top what they've done.
Dont know any Korean but it's ichi ban in my opinion.
That scene for Red Light Green Light is both mental and awesome.

I've watched most series of Swamp People, and while a lot of it will be staged and edited, I've enjoyed a lot of the crazy eccentrics in it.

There's another series, where one of the heroes, Troy Landry, heads into the Everglades, to help friends up there try to eliminate a plague of unwanted pythons........crazy stuff, it seems to consist of 3- 4 of them, out in the swamps, hunting these Burmese Pythons, which were released into the wild, and now are a serious problem to the indigenous wildlife.

When they spot one, up to 15ft plus, they dance around in a circle, yelling at each other, until one finally grabs it behind the head......... haven't the buggers heard of a forked stick ?

It's fun though, after a few glasses of white........

I know you’re all keen to know what’s happened in naked and afraid xl and it’s all bollocks.

Bollock based injuries that is so far 2 of them can’t go into the water because of a parasite which swells the scrotum and one bloke fell off a tree and had 8 stitches in his Bawbag. 3 of the women have quit and they’re all feasting on snakes,big rats ,catching alligators and eating the bollocks. I’m hoping the main idiot who boasts about eating absolutely anything including alligator cock gets food poisoning or at least herpes.

I know you’re all keen to know what’s happened in naked and afraid xl and it’s all bollocks.

Bollock based injuries that is so far 2 of them can’t go into the water because of a parasite which swells the scrotum and one bloke fell off a tree and had 8 stitches in his Bawbag. 3 of the women have quit and they’re all feasting on snakes,big rats ,catching alligators and eating the bollocks. I’m hoping the main idiot who boasts about eating absolutely anything including alligator cock gets food poisoning or at least herpes.
Or Alligator raped.

Latest Threads