What TV show have you just watched

I've been half watching Annika, which disappointed me at first as I was looking for a spandex covered arse jumping out of helichoppers, however; it is in fact a quite quirky detective series, set somewhere well north of God' own country, in the coastal Scottish area. It stars Nicola Walker ( whom I have always rather lusted after) and is about a Marine detective/police unit.
It is quite low key, with a decent element of humour and the lead often addressing the audience via the camera. Surprisingly good.
I've seen the trailers but I don't have Alibi channel. It will probably come to Drama channel when they get fed up with Silent Witness, or suchlike. Is it a bit 'Scandi Noir'?
Agree about Nicola Walker, BTW.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I've seen the trailers but I don't have Alibi channel. It will probably come to Drama channel when they get fed up with Silent Witness, or suchlike. Is it a bit 'Scandi Noir'?
Agree about Nicola Walker, BTW.
It's much lighter than the Scandinavian offerings, and in English ( well, mostly, if you accept the Scottish accents). There is a touch of the Viking about it, inasmuch the lead is part Norwegian ( Walker) or had been married to one, it's not that clear but she speaks the language. Not at all taxing on the brain, nor as convoluted as something like Misomer Murders, think 'Frost' but much further north. Incidentally, they have the most beautiful nick I have ever seen.

It's much lighter than the Scandinavian offerings, and in English ( well, mostly, if you accept the Scottish accents). There is a touch of the Viking about it, inasmuch the lead is part Norwegian ( Walker) or had been married to one, it's not that clear but she speaks the language. Not at all taxing on the brain, nor as convoluted as something like Misomer Murders, think 'Frost' but much further north. Incidentally, they have the most beautiful nick I have ever seen.
If it makes it to Freeview I will certainly give it a watch.

Been watching (rewatching really) two 70's series

Wings- Tim Woodward, Michael Cochrane, Nicholas Jones
RFC flight in 1915-16

Colditz- Robert Wagner, David McCallum

Is it a bit 'Scandi Noir'?

Try Ragnarok it's a Norweigen (dubbed in English) show about a boy who becomes Thor.
It's very random, one minute a teenage girl is murdered the next, the mother of a boy who is to become Loki is telling him its good that he's experimenting with his sexuality as she did the same when she was young...

Watched 2-3 episodes of Resident Alien last night at my mates home pub.
Was not fully concentrating on it but it looked bloody funny and will add it to my list.

Alien crash lands on earth, pretends to be a doctor, struggles to act human.
Seems to be well written and has a second season. It’s SyFy channel so the ******* will probably can it at season 3 once it becomes really popular.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

RFC flight in 1915-16

What platform is Wings on?

RFC flight in 1915-16

Talking of David McCallum, watched yet another episode of NCIS earlier.
One of the young agents asks the old sweat Gibbs what he thought a young Ducky (played by DMc) would look like.
Gibby thinks for a moment and replies Ilya Kuryakin.
Made me chuckle.

Watched 2-3 episodes of Resident Alien last night at my mates home pub.
Was not fully concentrating on it but it looked bloody funny and will add it to my list.

Alien crash lands on earth, pretends to be a doctor, struggles to act human.
Seems to be well written and has a second season. It’s SyFy channel so the ******* will probably can it at season 3 once it becomes really popular.

It gets worse as it goes along. I stopped watching it around episode four.

New show on the FX channel called Y-The Last man. All the males on the planet suddenly start hemorrhaging and dropping dead in a matter of seconds only it doesn't seem to affect females.

Only one man in the world survives, the poor poor fecker.

I guess all the trans women are going to find out they aren't really women and vice versa for all the trans men.

Last edited:
Bloody hell just finish series 3 of Ozark, it started with a bang and didn’t let up, in fact the whole three series were bloody amazing, no spoilers but if you haven’t watched it and like a good crime story then it’s a must watch with a money launderer in America trying his hardest to stay on the good side of a Mexican drug Barron.
On Netflix.
Spoiler alert.

The last episode of Ozarks I watched was where the !@#$%€£¥ ÷×=€£₩¥ had their brains blown out buy the baddie in front of the main two protagonists.

Has it moved on since then?

Last edited:
I mind smashing out the first season with the wife thinking 'This is ******* great', and then due to production delays or whatever there was a larger than usual gap until the second season came out, by which point struggled to get back into it (much like the lightweight Britannia TV show).

The new season of Billions is currently out on Sky. Excellent as always.
Just started watching Billions again finished series 4 and now on episode 1 of series 5.

Damien Lewis as Bobby Axelrod and Paul Giammati as Chuck Rhoades are awesome.

What did you think of episode 1 Series 1 8-O8-O8-O

Bit of an eye opener or what...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Spoiler alert.

The last episode of Ozarks I watched was where the blonde accountant had her brains blown out buy the baddie in front of the main two protagonists.

Has it moved on since then?
That was the last of series three, series four was due for release later this month but Covid et etc so will just have to keep an eye out.
Thats a fecking big spoiler by the way.:-D

Proff3RTR

Old-Salt
Just finished Turning Point 9/11 the war on terror.

weird watching a program covering a period in time which took up the last 10 years of your career on and off, and to see how badly those Up top got it wrong. The opportunities the ‘Brass’ had to get it right and all the signs that were there for them to see, even to the point of being told the ANA would not stand (well, to be honest we knew this very early in the campaign out there). Especially now with the complete debacle we have witnessed over in Afghan.
All that said though, yes it’s yet another programme about 9/11 & Afghan, but it is one of the better ones, even if you accept that hindsight is a wonderful thing.