What TV show have you just watched

I didn’t hear one caution in the whole series, well not the official one.:slow:

I think for Detective Mackey, "Miranda" is just a comedy show made in Britain.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Alone. Series 8 is now on. Set in the wilds of British Columbia and not a covid mask in sight but lots of Grizzlies hanging around the campsites and for you U.K sport fan's an English woman won a spot.

The End of the F**cking World. Netflix.

Bored out of my tree I binged watched it again, I still think it's a very well done 'murder' series with two excellent characters in the lead roles.

Jimmy McGovern's Time on BBC 1 starring Stephan Graham and Sean Bean

F*ck me it's grim and gritty but gut wrenchingly watchable.

Filmed in the disused HMP Shrewsbury for extra realism.

Porridge it ain't.

Porridge it ain't.

I wonder how much censoring/ suggestive changes was done by hmp before they acceded to the plot

pete49

Old-Salt
Alone. Series 8 is now on. Set in the wilds of British Columbia and not a covid mask in sight but lots of Grizzlies hanging around the campsites and for you U.K sport fan's an English woman won a spot.
What channel , been looking for it on history ch but can’t find it

ches

LE
Liverpool Narcos on Sky Docu. 3 parts.
Infuriating & fascinating at the same time.

Watched this over the weekend. My cousin is ex merseyside DS, did stints with CID & SB & remembers nearly all the personalities in this era very well. Part of the teams that nicked a few of them, funnily enough my dad was a senior screw at one of the high sec remand centres that these shit bags ended up in so he'd bang em up after our couz had put the cuffs on initially. We liked to keep things in the family.

Bizarre docu though, barely any remorse shown by the protagonists & the interviewer at times seemed almost in awe, the pointless inaccurate recreation cut scenes were a strange inclusion. These people were/are hardened criminals with many deaths & destroyed lives (albeit of junkies)at their feet, they should be portrayed as the scumbags they are. Michael Showers a case in point.

Watched this over the weekend. My cousin is ex merseyside DS, did stints with CID & SB & remembers nearly all the personalities in this era very well. Part of the teams that nicked a few of them, funnily enough my dad was a senior screw at one of the high sec remand centres that these shit bags ended up in so he'd bang em up after our couz had put the cuffs on initially. We liked to keep things in the family.

Bizarre docu though, barely any remorse shown by the protagonists & the interviewer at times seemed almost in awe, the pointless inaccurate recreation cut scenes were a strange inclusion. These people were/are hardened criminals with many deaths & destroyed lives (albeit of junkies)at their feet, they should be portrayed as the scumbags they are. Michael Showers a case in point.

Exactly. All seemed to blame someone else for forcing them to import/deal/take drugs. Usually the Tory party.

Deluded.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Porridge it ain't.
I believe it was from an original short script and film by Terence Strong.

964ST

War Hero
„Sweet Tooth“ on NETFLIX, About a Virus, Pandemie with Hybrid Children.

I think the storyline Must have been Penned by the peeps that write the Facts for „Sky News“.

Pretty Bizzare, but surprisingly Non-Woke ( probably cause the minority in the storyline are diverse).

Porridge it ain't.
I watched the first two episodes back to back last night. Best prison drama since "Buried" almost 20 years ago with Lennie James.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Stephen King's "Lisey's Story" - Apple TV
The book was a bit of a slow burner, one of King's dissections of marriage and not a vampire or rabid dog in sight.
Clive Owen was a troubled writer and Julianne Moore his long-suffering wife.
This is just painful on so many levels. There's a world of difference between atmospheric and navel-gazing and this is wanky tripe of the lowest order. It seems to me that film-makers these days do not know how to hook the viewer and confuse boredom with "setting the scene."
I might try and sit through another episode just in case, but it depends on how much pain I wish to inflict upon myself.

Stephen King's "The Stand" - Starzplay (via Amazon Prime)
Now you're talking.

I read reviews of this remake when it first came out and it cooled my expectations. The original "Stand" miniseries came out in 1994 starring Molly Ringwald, Rob Lowe and Gary Sinise. The series followed the book pretty closely, but like "It," it suffered from "Made For TV" syndrome, which guaranteed that it wasn't too explicit or bleak.

The problem is that the new "Stand" has been subjected to the Quentin Tarantino treatment and juggled its timelines around. This has caused some consternation to the fanbase and to be honest, I'm not sure I agree with it entirely, but am willing to go with the flow and see where it takes me.

I've only watched the first episode so far, but I like what they've done with it. This is everything "Lisey's Story" isn't: It's pacy, streamlined and unfussy. The casting as a whole is very good, JK Simmons as a general, Harold Lauder (a source of much annoyance to the King faithful) has been done very well. In turns, I felt sorry for him, disgusted by him and creeped out by him. James Marsden and Alexander Saarsgard are usually worth watching.
The chopping around isn't jarring and it is clear it has had money spent on it. I'm looking forward to getting another couple of episodes down and see how it goes.

"Scrapyard Supercar"

What a load of rubbish.

A heavily-tattooed pikey challenged two teams of guys to build something, using bits from the scrapyard, that will beat his Bentley Bentgayer around a muddy track.

And whaddya know, in a scrapyard stuffed full of crashed small hatchbacks and knackered minicabs, there just happens to be a remarkably complete V8 Disco 2 and a Dune Buggy.

SHITE.

"Scrapyard Supercar"

What a load of rubbish.

A heavily-tattooed pikey challenged two teams of guys to build something, using bits from the scrapyard, that will beat his Bentley Bentgayer around a muddy track.

And whaddya know, in a scrapyard stuffed full of crashed small hatchbacks and knackered minicabs, there just happens to be a remarkably complete V8 Disco 2 and a Dune Buggy.

SHITE.
Reminds me of an episode of the original "Scrapheap Challenge" all those years ago with both teams having to make an aeroplane.

Somehow they found two undamaged props in the scrap pile.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
"Scrapyard Supercar"

What a load of rubbish.

SHITE.

Similar to "Storage Wars" and others, where the lockups were "seeded" with interesting items before the presenters were let loose.

There's nothing real about reality TV.