What TV show have you just watched

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Was painful watching Kyren Wilson last week though
Yep, glad he was knocked out, he was totally outplayed by Ronnie in last years final.
What a great loser Shaun Murphy was, a brilliant after match interview, always liked Shaun and last night showed why.

Just managed to watch a couple of episodes of Gangs of London. I like it, the underworld in all its finery, and how it connects to the real world of legitimate business, a dysfunctional family, and a web of criminality.

I've just watched the first series of Underbelly, an Australian crime drama based on events in Melbourne between 1995 and 2004 which saw 36 crims killed. Released in 2008, parts can still not be shown in Victoria due to a Victorian Supreme Court injunction.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, quite a bit of shagging and nudity and violence. The series ends with the arrest of one Carl Williams, a major protagonist/drug manufacturer/distributor/killer and so on. Williams was beaten to death in Barwon prison in 2010. He was serving a life sentence with a minimum of 35 years to be served.

Recommended, but I don't know where you'll find it. I watched it on Stan (subscription) via VPN. I give it 9.5 shots to the chest out of 10.

I watched the new version of Das Boot series 2 and the original film maker must be holding his head in his hands. Half of Germany was still secretly trying to scupper the other half, washed up U boat commanders were having affairs with African American jazz singers in New York and the local SD Gestapo man was having second thoughts about the whole final solution thing. The subs seemed to get bigger and shrink again depending who was in shot and there was really no need to dive in the Atlantic.

To top it all off it was the Americans designing ASDIC and telling everyone about it. This series needs sinking.

I watched the new version of Das Boot series 2 and the original film maker must be holding his head in his hands. Half of Germany was still secretly trying to scupper the other half, washed up U boat commanders were having affairs with African American jazz singers in New York and the local SD Gestapo man was having second thoughts about the whole final solution thing. The subs seemed to get bigger and shrink again depending who was in shot and there was really no need to dive in the Atlantic.

To top it all off it was the Americans designing ASDIC and telling everyone about it. This series needs sinking.
.. and they're currently getting around to finishing it off with part 3, though no concrete announcement as to when it will be broadcast..

Quite agree. Whatever you think of the U-boot fahren they were brave men as my old man could testify. Their memories don't deserve to be sullied by toxic bilge like this. I gave up after the third episode.

Quite agree. Whatever you think of the U-boot fahren they were brave men as my old man could testify. Their memories don't deserve to be sullied by toxic bilge like this. I gave up after the third episode.
Just a shame the original Das Boot doesn’t appear to be available on Prime or Netflix.

The original Wolfgang Petersen film is still available to buy as a DVD on Amazon

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just watched first episode Series 1 of 'The Expanse ' - the asteroid mining ops/Ice recovery and the Belters looked suitably gritty and down-at-heel, I may well persevere.

( Apparently Series 5 is out)

IMDB thingy:

Quality not so good and bloody adverts
I use 4kdownloader to download from YT. Choice of quality and no adverts. Can also just download the soundtrack if all you want is a free music track or three

I use 4kdownloader to download from YT. Choice of quality and no adverts. Can also just download the soundtrack if all you want is a free music track or three
I'm a bit old fashioned ad also once I've watched hem I can pass them on to offspring who can laugh at the SFX!

Just watched first episode Series 1 of 'The Expanse ' - the asteroid mining ops/Ice recovery and the Belters looked suitably gritty and down-at-heel, I may well persevere.

( Apparently Series 5 is out)

Stick with it mate, smashing our way through series 3 atm, it gets better and better.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just started a binge on a box set of Blake’s 7. Reached the episode where Servelan makes her debut. Tissues at the ready!

Ah yes President Servalan....she and Jamie-Lee Curtis in Trading Places I blame for my fixation on lasses with a pixie haircut. <quiver>

1620408775651.png

Intergalactic, it’s a British Sky 1 SciFi production. It’s not got the production quality of the US, but I found it really entertaining.
Back ground of the series is a bunch of female Convicts take over a prison space ship to do a drug deal being carried by female prisoner mule.
The gang are lead by Tulla played by Sharon Duncan-Butler, who is absolutely brilliant in the part as a man hating psychic drug dealer.
Me and the Mrs watched the whole series, really enjoyed it. 8/10

Latest Threads