What TV show have you just watched

TamH70

MIA
I have finished the six episode which comprise this:

As far as a recommendation, all I can say is - don't watch this. It is a shocker. If you are the sort of person who watches a military portrayal on TV and makes comments like: "not enough polish on that Sam Browne" or "put your fcuking hat on" (and who isn't?) this will drive you up the wall. It was filmed around Cape Town as a (very rough) equivalent to Aden and portrays an RMP company carrying out all sorts of duties except what you would expect an RMP company to be doing. The court martial at the end is bizarre. To be fair, the civilian clothes and MQ furniture are well done.

So don't. Please.

This was called out at the time of its premiere broadcast as being utterly pony when this site's esteemed contributors first caught wind of it. But thanks for the confirmation as to its status, old bean. Your service is noted with gratitude.

As far as a recommendation, all I can say is - don't watch this. It is a shocker. If you are the sort of person who watches a military portrayal on TV and makes comments like: "not enough polish on that Sam Browne" or "put your fcuking hat on" (and who isn't?) this will drive you up the wall. It was filmed around Cape Town as a (very rough) equivalent to Aden and portrays an RMP company carrying out all sorts of duties except what you would expect an RMP company to be doing. The court martial at the end is bizarre. To be fair, the civilian clothes and MQ furniture are well done.

So don't. Please.
On the other hand, I've now watched all 10 episodes of Devils on Sky Atlantic and I've upgraded my opinion from 'has potential' to brilliant. A must watch, and I hope there will be a second series

'Bloodlands' the current James Nesbitt 'Irish noir' tv series. The episode 2 epilogue........ wow ! .. that was unexpected.................. It's warming up well.

'Bloodlands' the current James Nesbitt 'Irish noir' tv series. The episode 2 epilogue........ wow ! .. that was unexpected.................. It's warming up well.
Lovable Northern Irish actor James Nesbitt turns bad - nice twist in the plot. Enjoying the NI scenery.

Not sure about felling a man with a single shot from a PPK, might have better off banging him on the head with it.

TamH70

MIA
Lovable Northern Irish actor James Nesbitt turns bad - nice twist in the plot. Enjoying the NI scenery.

Not sure about felling a man with a single shot from a PPK, might have better off banging him on the head with it.

Thanks for the plot summary, bud. Saves me the bother of watching it. :)

So don't. Please.
The Aden Association offered help and were told to f*** off, apparently. 'Military Advisor' was a never served civilian. Thankfully, the beeb canned it after that one series.

This was called out at the time of its premiere broadcast as being utterly pony when this site's esteemed contributors first caught wind of it. But thanks for the confirmation as to its status, old bean. Your service is noted with gratitude.

Mercifully, Jessie Buckley matured enough to create an absolute 'wow' factor both as an actress and songstress. Watch her performance in 'Wild Rose' and her rendition of the toon 'Glasgow' ......... ." there's no yellow brick road in Glasgow"..........

pete49

Old-Salt
Looking forward to watching The Terror BBC2 Wednesday night , it’s about Franklin,s search for the NW passage , clips I’ve seen looks good ( no bame in the lineup so no awards)

DNA. An 8 episode Danish & French offering on iPlayer. It started off a bit slow but has turned into an excellent story of Baby Trafficking involving Danes, Polacks, and Froggies.

ps. I'm liking the way the Beeb are displaying the subtitles as well with the different colours for different people.

pps. Why is ITV Player so shit?

Looking forward to watching The Terror BBC2 Wednesday night , it’s about Franklin,s search for the NW passage , clips I’ve seen looks good ( no bame in the lineup so no awards)
Been meaning to watch that myself. I've watched the History Buffs review of it on Youtube though.

Due to not much else on, started flicking through iPlayer and came upon Bates Motel. Wasn’t expecting much but pleasantly surprised. Though only seen the first two episodes it looks like it has promise with some strong performances and the tension building up nicely.

Due to not much else on, started flicking through iPlayer and came upon Bates Motel. Wasn’t expecting much but pleasantly surprised. Though only seen the first two episodes it looks like it has promise with some strong performances and the tension building up nicely.
I've taped it. Now I'll probably watch it. Thanks.

The fall of Max Clifford on Channel 4 last night.

I must admit I didn't pay too much attention to the trial at the time, but watching about what he got up to showed what an odious controlling character he was, and that much of the media played up to and needed him and so were culpable.

I would not be surprised if there are many celebrity figures like him in positions of power who use the same control and manipulation of others.

I watch 'Cobra Kai' while making and eating lunch in a background sort of way - brilliant and cheesy.

Just started Season 2