What TV show have you just watched

Cornwell must be genetically related to Lee Childs, though I do enjoy the thought of Jack Reacher being my besti and beating the shite out of all the feckers that upset me...................then some total cant cast Tom Cruise and an orange box to play the part................
Used to be a fan of Child but stopped after the Russian/Bosnian(?) blow up a whole town but no police involvement bollocks that he came out with last year.

Used to be a fan of Child but stopped after the Russian/Bosnian(?) blow up a whole town but no police involvement bollocks that he came out with last year.
In his most recent, and last apparently, he has Reacher claiming he doesn't know much about garden work. I seem to remember in his first or second novel, Reacher was digging a space fora pool in someones garden.......ah well, even the best can lose the plot.

Dare I make a suggestion? There are 547 pages and I am late to this party. If there was a wikipost that listed all the ones mentioned in this format/similar, it might be of value:

The Fall (BBC 2, 3 series, series 3 about to air, set in Northern Ireland, dark psychological thriller, Sir Arthur)

One line entry to keep it simple. Anyway, just a thought.

I watched it, it stretched out a single story over 3 season with convenient parts of the plot to allow the killer to continue.
I thought the ending was pretty pants, without giving away to much of the story, secure mental facilities for killers/rapists rarely get totally distracted by people acting like bellends.

Gillian Anderson would still get it though.

I've just watched the final episode of this:

Very enjoyable, well produced, well paced and thought inducing. The mini-series was proposed by NHK, the Japanese public broadcaster. It was shot in Japan and Lithuania and cleverly shot court room scenes in black and white with original footage cut in.

Definitely recommended.

Started watching these episodes last night.
Very good. Now on episode 4. I've been to the Bronte parsonage several times and- my opinion is-much of it was filmed on scene.

Once had to study Jane Eyre at Uni - found it to be a wonderful account of social country life for the middle classes and social circumstances for middle class women. Great bit of work if you let yourself get into it.

I've just watched the final episode of this:

Very enjoyable, well produced, well paced and thought inducing. The mini-series was proposed by NHK, the Japanese public broadcaster. It was shot in Japan and Lithuania and cleverly shot court room scenes in black and white with original footage cut in.

Definitely recommended.

Lithuania? What was shot there?

Just had to sit through WandaVision on Disney+ as the missus would watch paint dry if it was superhero paint.

Its done as a pastiche of those 50's "Hi honey I'm home" american sitcoms.

I'm sure she loved it but personally I found myself scrolling through these hallowed pages after about 10 minutes.

TamH70

MIA
Just had to sit through WandaVision on Disney+ as the missus would watch paint dry if it was superhero paint.

I'm sure she loved it but personally I found myself scrolling through these hallowed pages after about 10 minutes.
So it's a bit pony then?

I thought so, given the quality of people online who like it...

So it's a bit pony then?

I thought so, given the quality of people online who like it...
I'm not a superhero film fan at all so I'm not the target audience but can watch something if its competently done.

I just found it irritating and a waste of Paul Bettany.

dan_brown

War Hero

Was ready to switch off the first episode, but by middle of ep 2 it got a bit more interesting.

It was mentioned back in 2017 here, but we just started Schitt's Creek on Netflix. Wasn't sure at first I have to say, but a couple of episodes in and we are all hooked on it.

Have started watching Afterlife by Ricky Gervais on Netflix.

I'm on to S2 now and really enjoying it. The contrast between the "bit dusty in here" moments and the next scene pissing myself laughing is brilliant.

I imagine the postman to be exactly as @Kirkz looks and is in real life!!

Wandavision

I've watched the first episode and nearly finished the second, its ******* weird
The two main characters are the Scarlet Witch and Vision from the Marvel films.

Its set like a 1950 show, its black and white, the screen is the old 4:3 (So black bars on either side) canned laughter and sayings from the 50s

Its slow as ****.

The only interesting bit so far is Elizabeth Olsen in a leotard

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
Have started watching Afterlife by Ricky Gervais on Netflix.

I'm on to S2 now and really enjoying it. The contrast between the "bit dusty in here" moments and the next scene pissing myself laughing is brilliant.

I imagine the postman to be exactly as @Kirkz looks and is in real life!!
Here's a picture of me to compare...

D4W-kkLXsAA4HEF-1-5a73d8c.jpg

TamH70

MIA
Here's a picture of me to compare...

D4W-kkLXsAA4HEF-1-5a73d8c.jpg

That's a guy that looks like he regrets his bad postie round in Benbecula. All windswept and interesting.

Latest Threads