Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What TV show have you just watched

I don't think 'paranoia' is a very good description for the very real threat of living in a communist state where death for wrongthink was a daily event.

A fair comment, and IMO well portrayed in the film.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Finally got round to finishing Homeland.

I binned it a few episodes into Season 5, just wasn’t the same after..... well...... you know. ;)

Anyway, decided to give it another try. Started from the beginning again, this time with the missus in tow.

Phenomenal all the way through. Gotta be one of the best TV series ever written. The ending didn’t disappoint.

I’ve also been dipping in and out of The Thick Of It recently.

If I could pick one superpower it would be to be able to swear like Malcolm Tucker.

Every bollocking should start like this:

“I just wanted to say to you by the way of introductory remarks that I’m extremely miffed about today’s events and in my quest to try to make you understand the level of my unhappiness, I’m likely to use an awful lot of - what we would call - violent sexual imagery and I just wanted to check that neither of you would be terribly offended by that.”

Last edited:

ches

LE
The Undoing. Sky's autumn must see. Apparently.
6 episodes with Hugh Grant, Nicole Kidman, Donald Sutherland. Fine cast, good script & some very nice hints left along the road prior to ep 6. Our final episode was a final 20 mins of utter shite. Very 1 dimensional, cliched & boring. There were some great interplays with different characters through the series & it seemed like the writers got to ep 6 & had to tie it up fast. A right load of crap. A shame as 90% of the series was excellent.

partyr

Old-Salt
Watched the first 20 mins of Harlots before being overcome by the smell of woke TV.
The soundtrack of rock music was a dreadful choice IMHO.
Switched to Upload. A future where your mind is uploaded to a pleasant place before you die. Looks promising.
We've watched 2 seasons of The Bureau, the subbed French spy series and looking forward to the third. Deutschland 83 series 2 is also very good and works well on location in Africa.
Almost all of our TV viewing is made up of foreign stuff these days, Brit TV just doesn't cut the mustard.
Started watching The Bureau last night. Can say I am not disappointed, thanks for the recommend.

6 episodes with Hugh Grant, Nicole Kidman, Donald Sutherland. Fine cast, good script & some very nice hints left along the road prior to ep 6. Our final episode was a final 20 mins of utter shite. Very 1 dimensional, cliched & boring. There were some great interplays with different characters through the series & it seemed like the writers got to ep 6 & had to tie it up fast. A right load of crap. A shame as 90% of the series was excellent.
Totally agree. Why, when the previous episodes authenticity was high were there so many dumb moments. E.g civilians running through police cordons, material witnesses being allowed to fly off in a helicopter etc etc.

Apart from that the current mrs_mush loved it but is now looking at me suspiciously whilst googling 'Narcissistic Personality Disorder'

Seeing Nicole Kidman run towards high grant on the bridge and not a ducking g thing moving, more plastic than the oceans.

Seeing Nicole Kidman run towards high grant on the bridge and not a ducking g thing moving, more plastic than the oceans.
Even the current mrs_mush stifled a snigger when the lawer instructed her to keep a stony face with no emotion during the trial.

Even the current mrs_mush stifled a snigger when the lawer instructed her to keep a stony face with no emotion during the trial.
No wonder she has such pale skin, sponsored by Everest the best PVC you can get.

The Code

A story of an Australian autistic hacker and the usual government corruption, skullduggery and bad guys with a Australian twang.

Two series of really good drama along the lines of Spooks.

Added bonus that uptight Zena actress (who’s never got them out) is in it. Still unseen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually found a time when the kids weren't watching Netflix to log on...
I'm only the soft pr#ck that pays the subscription....
Anyway, three am, flicking through sh#te came across Fauda,
I guess everyone else has watched it, but F'kin H it's got me gripped, I fell asleep at 07.45!

Watching "Fauda" now, just finished episode 4. Totally hooked.

The female counter terrorist operative is absolutely stunning and hard as f*ck which makes her even sexier.

Ive decided if l win the euromillions, lm getting a female, ex Mossad, bodyguard!.....

Sad perhaps (though an accurately funny summary of the year), but the latest advertising done by Ryan Reynolds, on behalf of Match.com...

Not yet watched but hopefully next year:

I just hope that they don't get too arty with the piece.

The project deals with JRR's Second Age of Middle Earth, the historical period some 2000 years before LoTR et al and weird, old men shouting, 'You shall not pass!'.

Though he made numerous reference to the period, particularly in Silmarillion, there is much scope to have a decent go at this without the Tolkien anoraks stroking out.

But they will.

On the down side, TC Lenny Henry is in the cast list.

Bugger.

Watching "Fauda" now, just finished episode 4. Totally hooked.

The female counter terrorist operative is absolutely stunning and hard as f*ck which makes her even sexier.

Ive decided if l win the euromillions, lm getting a female, ex Mossad, bodyguard!.....
The interrogator ( female one, for avoidance of doubt) does it for me.

She can handcuff me to a table and make me look deep into her eyes anytime...
I'll give her owt she asks for!

Not yet watched but hopefully next year:

I just hope that they don't get too arty with the piece.

The project deals with JRR's Second Age of Middle Earth, the historical period some 2000 years before LoTR et al and weird, old men shouting, 'You shall not pass!'.

Though he made numerous reference to the period, particularly in Silmarillion, there is much scope to have a decent go at this without the Tolkien anoraks stroking out.

But they will.

On the down side, TC Lenny Henry is in the cast list.

Bugger.
It's not so much arty that bothers me but being woke and on message. For me that ruins a lot of programmes.

TamH70

MIA

sunny james

War Hero
We watched Fauda a few months back and I can't really recall much about it except how incompetent they seemed. Constantly missing their target and walking through that warehouse in a close group seemed a tad stupid.

We watched Fauda a few months back and I can't really recall much about it except how incompetent they seemed. Constantly missing their target and walking through that warehouse in a close group seemed a tad stupid.
Hmmm, Fauda may / or not be the reason I stump up for a Netflix account, at least for a few months. Is it less impressive than most people here say then? A work colleague, ex-IDF officer (but artillery, so what could he know? ;) ) recommended it . . .

sunny james

War Hero
Hmmm, Fauda may / or not be the reason I stump up for a Netflix account, at least for a few months. Is it less impressive than most people here say then? A work colleague, ex-IDF officer (but artillery, so what could he know? ;) ) recommended it . . .
There are loads of excellent programs on Netflix but for me Fuada does not stand out. The unit just seemed so unprofessional and shambolic but maybe that's what they are like in reality (but I very much doubt it). I think a lot of it is over acted and over hyped, possibly because it's the only 'action' series that covers that conflict from an Israeli perspective.

Make your own mind up.

Latest Threads