Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What TV show have you just watched

Squaddies on the Front Line. I found it on You Tube, but it appears to have been a recent BBC production. Interviews of various solders and officers who served in Northern Ireland at various times during The Troubles.

Not a TV show per se but '71 was a decent movie reflecting the attitudes of Paddy and your average Tom in the early days, if a little far fetched.
It also has that rifle and body armour that neither fitted your body or was any fashion of armour, such was the contempt for the soldier of the time by the MoD.

TamH70

MIA
I watched an episode of Police Interceptors (such a stupid title for such a good show, especially since they don't film it with Essex's Interceptor unit anymore), and was regaled with the sight of a scrote who had blown 43 on the roadside breath test, which is a fail as any copper here will tell you, and also had tested positive for cocaine use.

He was also kicking off (quite literally) at the two cops who had nicked him.

I immediately said to myself that he'll not fail the evidential breath test nor the drugs one back at the station, and I was right. Queue the end of the episode and the narration said that he'd not blown over the limit and the nurse couldn't get a vein to take a blood sample for the drugs test and that the cops couldn't take it further.

****** walked.

Boiled my piss, quite a bit actually. Guys like him need to be chucked in a hole and a lid put on it.

philc

LE
I watched an episode of Police Interceptors (such a stupid title for such a good show, especially since they don't film it with Essex's Interceptor unit anymore), and was regaled with the sight of a scrote who had blown 43 on the roadside breath test, which is a fail as any copper here will tell you, and also had tested positive for cocaine use.

I immediately said to myself that he'll not fail the evidential breath test nor the drugs one back at the station, and I was right. Queue the end of the episode and the narration said that he'd not blown over the limit and the nurse couldn't get a vein to take a blood sample for the drugs test and that the cops couldn't take it further.

****** walked.

Boiled my piss, quite a bit actually. Guys like him need to be chucked in a hole and a lid put on it.

The show boils my piss every time, shitbag scrotes, gobby lads and general dicks, caught and buggerall sentences. The odd one gets what I would consider a decent stretch but most, small fine, slap on wrist and stern talking to.

And for the love of god why dont Police Helicopters have air to surface missiles. Want to run away from the Old Bill at 100 MPH, meet the reaper.

sunny james

War Hero
Watched the first 20 mins of Harlots before being overcome by the smell of woke TV.
The soundtrack of rock music was a dreadful choice IMHO.
Switched to Upload. A future where your mind is uploaded to a pleasant place before you die. Looks promising.
We've watched 2 seasons of The Bureau, the subbed French spy series and looking forward to the third. Deutschland 83 series 2 is also very good and works well on location in Africa.
Almost all of our TV viewing is made up of foreign stuff these days, Brit TV just doesn't cut the mustard.

PFGEN

GCM

****** walked.

And back on the street within a day, stolen car, bugger all insurance, dealing baggies on the estate. I wish that when they start kicking off that they'd at least allow the officer on the scene to taser the twat and keep going until they sh!t themselves. It's harder for them to be gobby when their under crackers are full of mud and any sort of bowel control is but a fleeting memory.

And back on the street within a day, stolen car, bugger all insurance, dealing baggies on the estate. I wish that when they start kicking off that they'd at least allow the officer on the scene to taser the twat and keep going until they sh!t themselves. It's harder for them to be gobby when their under crackers are full of mud and any sort of bowel control is but a fleeting memory.
Yeah but a right bastarrd having to clean the section car when you get back to the nick.

The Right Stuff on Disney+

I've not read the book but am very fond of the film so was very excited to see this.

A complete let down as this is soap opera based around the events of the Mercury space programme with very little about the actual space race and all about the interpersonal relationships of the astronauts, the wives and lovers.

Complete dreck and best avoided.

The Right Stuff on Disney+

I've not read the book but am very fond of the film so was very excited to see this.

A complete let down as this is soap opera based around the events of the Mercury space programme with very little about the actual space race and all about the interpersonal relationships of the astronauts, the wives and lovers.

Complete dreck and best avoided.
It wasn’t that bad, not a patch on apples for all mankind

BigT

LE
I watched the latest episode of The Mandalorian, just when I thought it couldn't get any better it did. I'd take Chapter 13 The Jedi over anything after the original trilogy. For Christmas I'd like Bo-Katan, Cara Dune and Ashoka Tano all in the final episode.

I watched the latest episode of The Mandalorian, just when I thought it couldn't get any better it did. I'd take Chapter 13 The Jedi over anything after the original trilogy. For Christmas I'd like Bo-Katan, Cara Dune and Ashoka Tano all in the final episode.
Is there something wrong with me?
I have never been inclined to watch any of the Star Wars stuff, any of it. I saw all the online excitement before the Mandalorian was aired so I watched the first one...well, as much as I could stomach as I turned it off after 5 minutes. I don't seem to be able to get passed the first foam headed alien.
F1 or motor racing on TV is another immediate off switch. I'm more entertained by repeats of 'Salvage Hunters'.
Horse for courses I suppose.

TamH70

MIA
Is there something wrong with me?
I have never been inclined to watch any of the Star Wars stuff, any of it. I saw all the online excitement before the Mandalorian was aired so I watched the first one...well, as much as I could stomach as I turned it off after 5 minutes. I don't seem to be able to get passed the first foam headed alien.
F1 or motor racing on TV is another immediate off switch. I'm more entertained by repeats of 'Salvage Hunters'.
Horse for courses I suppose.

I haven't been bothering with the Mandalorian, which is made easier for me as I don't have a paid Netflix account. The politics behind the scenes of the Star Wars franchise is more entertaining to me than watching anything they've done on screen since the Prequel Trilogy. There are hours and hours of videos with lots of good old fashioned kicking the Disney bosses in the slats online for how badly they've fouled things up.

I have finally finished the latest series of The Crown. The first two series were good, but they have been on a steady decline since. Some characters, notably Mrs Thatcher were ugly caricatures. It worries me that there are people out there who will take it as factual. Time for something completely different.

Karamoja

War Hero
I'm getting a bit disillusioned with it - at the end of episode 3, we are expected to believe that a scruffy chain-smoking German can walk into a BMH without being challenged, go into a private room and murder a patient by poisoning her drip and no one notices. Series is set in 1974 and in my experience of BMH's at that time, he would not have got past security, particularly with Baader-Meinhof and paddy kicking off.

The other gripe I have with German produced drama is that the producers suffer from self-loathing. There are very few characters that you could emphasise with, the East Germans are almost all thoroughly unpleasant, the West Germans not much better and the Stasi agents handler is one of the most despicable characters I've seen on TV since Jimmy Saville died.

This self-loathing is a common thread through German made drama - Babylon Berlin was similar and a few years ago there was a series on a Wehrmacht Field Hospital on the Eastern Front that I thought was going to be like a German MASH. The characters were so unpleasant that after a couple of episodes I was hoping for a snap Russian offensive to put them out of their misery.
Just watched the last episode which I found completely underwhelming, I reckon the writers got fed up in episode 5 and decided to abruptly end it in the next episode. I was quite enjoying it but it seems that's it, so we're left with the twins unknowingly bonking their brains out!

Currently watching 'Ballon' (The Balloon) on BBC4 about an Ostie family's attempts to flee to the West; atmospheric and evocative of the paranoia of the time.

Currently watching 'Ballon' (The Balloon) on BBC4 about an Ostie family's attempts to flee to the West; atmospheric and evocative of the paranoia of the time.
I don't think 'paranoia' is a very good description for the very real threat of living in a communist state where death for wrongthink was a daily event.

Latest Threads