Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What TV show have you just watched

philc

LE
I have some bad news for you.
I don’t remember so much violence in the C4 version, oh and Septic Wilson Wilson has his left eye removed.

The C4 was very violent, Wilson Wilson had his eye spooned out and they faked young Grant on a school massacre, this is for obvious reasons not in the remake.

The remake took some time to warm too but it’s a decent go at it, I await Season 2.

Upload. Prime series. Future ppl can upload digital versions of themselves to various 'locations'. Subject to paying the bills, you can 'live' in cyberspace for eternity. Pretty good stuff, some very very nice eye candy, a reasonably (if not predictable) storyline & some funny interplays. Worth a watch.
Just got around to watching Upload and I'm up to episode 5. I left it alone for a few months in favour of some other series.
I have to say I'm impressed. Some funny bits and some, "I hope that never happens" moments. Plus, arse, tiits and hotties.
9/10

Nora, the 'Angel' would particularly get it.

Last edited:
I've just watched the last episode of The Boys, I didn't see any of that coming. It wasn't quite as tight as the first season but just when I though it was losing it's way you'd get something like Komiko ripping a Russian gangsters face off or the Whale. I want a third series and I want it yesterday.

I honestly laboured to finish it. It probably didn't help smashing through the first 4 episodes of season 2 only to realise 'new episode every Friday' actually meant that. D'oh.

Recently, watched 'Away' and 'Nurse Ratched' on Netflix. The first is a light weight space drama, first manned mission to Mars, quite enjoyable. The latter bears semblance to American Horror Story if folk enjoyed that sort of stuff. Light weight though very visceral at times.

I have just finished watching a six-part Australian production called Pine Gap on Netflix.

It is a 'spooks' story which features no car chases or gun fights and only the occasional bit of shagging. It does have: the US and Australians working together, usually quite badly, the Chinese up to all sorts of tricks, an Aboriginal angle, lots of techy stuff, beautiful scenery although shot somewhere in South Australia not Alice Springs, a custody fight over a cat and finally an ending which sets it up for a second series.

I enjoyed it much more than I anticipated I would, due to it being produced by the ABC which is our BBC clone with a matching leftwards lean.

E2A: it received scathing reviews from The Guardian, so there's a recommendation. Pine Gap review – lots of yakkety yak and occasional scenes of bonking

Recommended (if you like techy, spooky stuff).

I have just finished watching a six-part Australian production called Pine Gap on Netflix.

It is a 'spooks' story which features no car chases or gun fights and only the occasional bit of shagging. It does have: the US and Australians working together, usually quite badly, the Chinese up to all sorts of tricks, an Aboriginal angle, lots of techy stuff, beautiful scenery although shot somewhere in South Australia not Alice Springs, a custody fight over a cat and finally an ending which sets it up for a second series.

I enjoyed it much more than I anticipated I would, due to it being produced by the ABC which is our BBC clone with a matching leftwards lean.

E2A: it received scathing reviews from The Guardian, so there's a recommendation. Pine Gap review – lots of yakkety yak and occasional scenes of bonking

Recommended (if you like techy, spooky stuff).
It must be good if The Guardian hates it.

Has anyone got Britbox and watched the new Spitting Image yet?
I'm curious how they image Labour, Liberal and Green politicians compared to the Tories.
I've watched the first two episodes and I've only got Britbox at all as EE gave me six months free.

Most of it is Boris, Trump, Cummings, Royals, and Greta Thunberg. Not really funny so you aren't missing much.

NSP

LE
The Boys. How many times can one character have the word "cunt" in one script...?! The writer must be a Brit, or well versed in foreign affairs if not. Why else would the far-right Nazi character be called Stormfront...?

TamH70

MIA
The Boys. How many times can one character have the word "cunt" in one script...?! The writer must be a Brit, or well versed in foreign affairs if not. Why else would the far-right Nazi character be called Stormfront...?
Garth Ennis is from Ulster.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
On Netflix there is a very strange but very watchable series called The Haunting of Blye Manor.
An American lady who is a school teacher leaves America trying to escape her past and the memory of her fiancé who she split from.
She goes to London and gets a job as a full time live in nanny to two orphaned children, of a Lord and Lady hired by the late Lords younger brother.
Living in a big mansion which is staffed by a cook a housekeeper and a gardener the story is one of flashbacks which I usually can’t abide but this is acted so well, (the two kids especially are brilliant) that I like it, as I said it’s very strange but somehow very gripping and watchable.
Where are the ghosts? Is there a ghost? Are they all ghosts? Spooky in places, funny and a bit confusing even for a tea total chap like me but I have enjoyed it so far and as soon as the Mrs finishes watching her programme it will be going on.

HCL

Old-Salt

Agreed. There's got to be a Brit or trwo in the writers' room. Urban's got the native Brit down to a T. I'd love to watch the average Spetic's face trying to work out some of his idioms. Not bad for a Kiwi.

edit: Ta to @TamH70 for the info.

edit again, they're a bit short on tw@t thoiugh, I did notice that. The Septics say twot though, not as effective IMO.

Exactly, Martin and his Mrs have conversations across Twitter.
Trevor Coult MC, goes full on Bellend if anyone disagrees with him, has a dislike of Harry HRH, Johnny Mercer and anyone who calls him out.
Whatever you do, don't tell Trev that his latest petition is crap.

I would but he has blocked me on Twitter.
I pointed-out that, not only was it called the 'Armed Forces Covenant', not the 'Military Covenant', but also that The Boss, in last December's Queen Speech, instructed her Government to incorporate the Covenant into law, thus rendering his petition rather pointless. He then disappeared in a cloud of huff and teddy-bear fluff, taking one of his camp-followers with him. Bless.

I pointed-out that, not only was it called the 'Armed Forces Covenant', not the 'Military Covenant', but also that The Boss, in last December's Queen Speech, instructed her Government to incorporate the Covenant into law, thus rendering his petition rather pointless. He then disappeared in a cloud of huff and teddy-bear fluff, taking one of his camp-followers with him. Bless.
He has had and is suffering from severe mental illness, I don’t like the fella, think he is riding on his MC far too much, he Cant even see that weaponising his kids to garner support is bad.

Latest Threads