Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What TV show have you just watched

I even tossed in a bit of barrier lifting for the Brylcreem Boys to get moist over. ;) :p :p :mrgreen:

If anyone has Disney+ then take a shufty at The Right Stuff - a fresh look at the Mercury astronauts based on the Tom Wolfe book & film. Two episodes released this week & is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, possibly whilst on the throne

Karamoja

War Hero
Just wasted an hour of my life by catching up on iPlayer the first episode of the new Top Gear series. Seemed to morphed into a teenage comedy show. Clarkson & Co played pranks and fooled around but their comedy was, trying to find the right word here, cool, whereas the pranks with this lot are nothing but childish tomfoolery. It is now on BBC1 so perhaps they were told to dumb it down, if so, they certainly succeeded!

Karamoja

War Hero
Just looked this up, seems its caused out rage in France for its cliched view of the French & Paris, I wonder what they mean?

Read today that it the most watched Netflix program in France and that Lily Collins is the daughter of Phil Collins. Lily is undoubtedly pretty, but top place for sheer sexiness must go to her boss Sylvie, played by Philippine Leyroy-Beaulieu, especially when she wears dresses split up to her thighs.

BigT

LE
I've just watched the last episode of The Boys, I didn't see any of that coming. It wasn't quite as tight as the first season but just when I though it was losing it's way you'd get something like Komiko ripping a Russian gangsters face off or the Whale. I want a third series and I want it yesterday.

philc

LE
South Park the Corona Special, Uncensored.

Not watched it for a while, missing none of the bite, might have to watch some of the older stuff.

Watched Michael Palin doing a reprise on Pole-to-Pole on Sunday night and he was his usual informative, entertaining self. What is annoying is interspersing Palin's clips with gushing 'talking heads'. David Attenborough, OK - he's been there and done it, but wtf was Ed Balls doing mouthing off? The only travel hardship he's had to endure is when there was no more room in first class and he's had to fly business!

HCL

Old-Salt
When I first left school and got an apprenticeship in a Trawler repair company here in Lowestoft. The town had a thriving fishing industry, but three or four times a year a boat would return having lost someone overboard or flown off seriously injured.

Served with a lad, Billy M from 'Ull, ex-trawlerman. He broke his leg during a bit of a blow in the North Sea. 36 hours before he could lifted off. Joined the Army because it was safer. Mad beggar, kept going for selection, reckon they must have taken him sometime just through sheer perseverance.

Utopia on Prime, apparently an original work and yet a copy of the series on Channel 4 in 2013/14 ?

I heard that was on its way. Pity I don't have Amazon Prime. Hopefully it will come to Sky at some stage.

The original original was excellent. It had the best cinematography/photography of any TV programme I have ever seen. The whole thing looked like it had been filmed by Peter Greenaway.

I hope the Septics don't FIU.

but wtf was Ed Balls doing mouthing off? The only travel hardship he's had to endure is when there was no more room in first class and he's had to fly business!
I beg to differ. Hasn’t he done a number of trips to Syria to pick up those refugees Pixie is always banging on about?!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've just watched the last episode of The Boys, I didn't see any of that coming. It wasn't quite as tight as the first season but just when I though it was losing it's way you'd get something like Komiko ripping a Russian gangsters face off or the Whale. I want a third series and I want it yesterday.
Season 3 already in the pipeline, Stormfront's end was a bit of a shocker, but fair play though.

ches

LE
Season 3 already in the pipeline, Stormfront's end was a bit of a shocker, but fair play though.

Finished Series 2 last night & it was a blast. Cant wait for the third one. Shame about Rebecca but inevitable as she was by far the lushest filly in the show imo.

Am loving Inside the Spitfire Factory. Al Murrays narrative is excellent showing his deep knowledge of the subject matter. The work they are doing at Biggin on the lovely old birds is fantastic. Superb prog.

HCL

Old-Salt
Finished Series 2 last night & it was a blast. Cant wait for the third one. Shame about Rebecca but inevitable as she was by far the lushest filly in the show imo.

Am loving Inside the Spitfire Factory. Al Murrays narrative is excellent showing his deep knowledge of the subject matter. The work they are doing at Biggin on the lovely old birds is fantastic. Superb prog.

Can't makeup my mind about him. Is he gen patriotic or just a luvvy playing a part?
Unlike Jim Davidson, his personal politics aside, there's never been a doubt about his love of the blue passport. Is Mr Murray a suitable replacement as the modern Army's own comedian?

(Cat + pigeons = hooley?)

Can't makeup my mind about him. Is he gen patriotic or just a luvvy playing a part?
Unlike Jim Davidson, his personal politics aside, there's never been a doubt about his love of the blue passport. Is Mr Murray a suitable replacement as the modern Army's own comedian?

(Cat + pigeons = hooley?)
Hooley time.

I think he is gen.

He comes from a family background with a long military pedigree and seems to have a genuine interest in militaria. He is not just some luvvy dabbling for the shilling.

And, unlike Jim Davidson, he is actually a comedian. And funny.

I have some bad news for you.
I don’t remember so much violence in the C4 version, oh and Septic Wilson Wilson has his left eye removed.

Stone me guv, I must be psychic.

There was certainly a lot of implied violence in the C4 version.

I guess having your right eye spooned out could be construed as violence.

I had the C4 series recorded on my Sky box. The hard drive failed. Lost everything. Bastard Murdoch.

Last edited:

Dr Death

War Hero
Hi De Hi.
Just as Sqn Ldr Dempster arrives to take over.
It would never me made these days.

Earlier was Doctor at Large.

Afternoon TV is a luxury when on leave.
Still in my joggers and beer stained rugby top.

Latest Threads