What TV show have you just watched

I watched the series years ago when, due to an unfortunate cash flow situation, our cable was cut-off and I was forced to watch television by signing out DVD's from the neighbourhood library. (It wasn't so bad, they had Art School Confidential so I got to see Sophie Myles naked, but I digress.)

I watched up to the episode where about a half-dozen of the crew members thought they might really be Cylons, and they all went to an empty hangar to see who the Cylons really were (if you're a fan you'll understand what I'm talking about). Never watched an episode after that. I signed up with a different cable company..

Anyone know who were Cylons and who weren't?

All of them....

....and none of them.

No it was that Half dozen I believe.

They all start again on an earth populated by pre humans (which we don't get to see closely) and nobody gets a happy ending except for the Centurions who are set free to roam the stars while all the other ships do a pre-programmed death dive into the Sun. 50,000 years later the Fop and the Kiwi bird are angels or something and discussing how its all going to happen again in somewhere like New York because we are being beastly to robots. By the way has she ever got naked on screen?

EDIT Spelling and improved spoiler.

Last edited:
I watched the series years ago when, due to an unfortunate cash flow situation, our cable was cut-off and I was forced to watch television by signing out DVD's from the neighbourhood library. (It wasn't so bad, they had Art School Confidential so I got to see Sophie Myles naked, but I digress.)

I watched up to the episode where about a half-dozen of the crew members thought they might really be Cylons, and they all went to an empty hangar to see who the Cylons really were (if you're a fan you'll understand what I'm talking about). Never watched an episode after that. I signed up with a different cable company..

Anyone know who were Cylons and who weren't?
Agreed, a little bit of a shark leap.
However things like Gaeta's Leg and Dualla balanced it out a bit.

Not the same quality as "You can't go home again" or "Scar" , though building on character choices and developments over the series arc

philc

LE
How to Sell Drugs Online Fast.

German Teen series about two nerds, one who wants to win his sweatheart back set up an Online Drug Shop.

Not normally a fan of Teen Series but this ones quite funny, its also thought provoking in so much about social media, its pitfall, Internet security and peer pressure on Teens today via Instagram Etc.

Oily101

Clanker
Yes, 'Norsemen'. The best thing I've seen on the box for ages.

I foolishly wondered why all the newspaper critics had creamed they y-fronts over dat 'Wire' thang and all that shit, an wen an bought the series, man. Hey, Niga, got some WMD? We all know what one or two of our Members of Parliament ideolise themselve as; sho' we all do. A bit of c'rruption here, a bit of c'ruption there - hey, man, it's cool. An' it's black, man; niga territory.

And then I got sick of the culture and threw out the remaining DVDs.

But 'Norsemen' is good. I really like the accents.
Season 3 is the prequel to season 1
Season 3 is the least funny but if you are enjoying the series it's better to watch series 3 then 1 & 2

I'm currently watching Battlestar Galactica, the new version. For me, I find it just perfect in comparison to the awful Sci-Fi there has been recently.

For instance I hated the recent Star Wars other than Rogue One, I liked Star Trek Discovery S1 lost interest in S2. Found Picard boring, Dr Who just dire, etc etc.

Anyway, BG features genocide, rape, torture, heroism, male and female characters equal without being woke, and every season has some stand out episodes.

Start with the two part miniseries and then go from there or get this.

Link is broken.

I never watched the revamped BG as the first one, back in the late 70s, was absolutely dire. I think it was that poxy robot that went "wiggy, wiggy, wiggy" that did it for me. (I now know it's Twicki x3). Also the producers SF version of the Mormon faith got on my tits. He was bloody lucky that Star Wars was so successful.

I rather regret that as everyone praised it. Hopefully there will be a repeat of the entire series on a channel I can actually receive.

Link is broken.

I never watched the revamped BG as the first one, back in the late 70s, was absolutely dire. I think it was that poxy robot that went "wiggy, wiggy, wiggy" that did it for me. (I now know it's Twicki x3). Also the producers SF version of the Mormon faith got on my tits. He was bloody lucky that Star Wars was so successful.

I rather regret that as everyone praised it. Hopefully there will be a repeat of the entire series on a channel I can actually receive.
Not quite on the "Spock was the best Jedi..." level yet.

TamH70

MIA
Oh yeah. I claim dementia in my defence..

Buck Rogers was shite as well.
Them's fighting words, you heathen!

Colonel Deering was in it.

.... Bugger. Beaten to the punch again.

World's Most Dangerous Shark. Smithsonian Channel - originally on Discovery Channel

"Oceanic whitetips are best known as the shark responsible for the carnage that followed the 1945 sinking of the USS Indianapolis. Today, humans have all but wiped them out and the survivors struggle to find enough to eat."

This was an amazing programme with some exceptional footage of unexpected behaviour. What the researchers already knew was that the Oceanic whitetips scour the warm mid oceans for sparse prey and that they were opportunists. They also knew that the USS Indianapolis survivors stayed still while those who perished had followed their briefings and flapped about and made noise. Rather than ward off these sharks it attracted them.

The understanding of sharks electrosensing systems and that of pilot whales echo location is illustrated and described. Special cameras are attached to sharks, which stay with them for 18 hours before being released.
On release they surface, take a GPS reading and transmit. The crew use a directional antenna so they can retrieve it and review the footage.

The first tagging was made easier due to a shark having some netting line attached to it. The diver caught the shark, tagged it then cut the line loose. Win for the shark and win for the team.

Tagging the next shark was very difficult, not least because the shark could sense the presence of the diver and the trigger failed. Pissed off diver dumped the trigger arm on the deck, then went down and attached the camera by hand!

It turns out that the sharks, which are now much diminished in numbers due to finning, have learned to make use of the echo location that pilot whales use to guide them to squid.

This is a Australian comedy series,if it has been on TV it would have been on the ethnic channel, SBS. It is Australia as taught at a Delhi language school. Short episodes, but at the third time of watching it still cracks me up.

Yes, 'Norsemen'. The best thing I've seen on the box for ages.

I foolishly wondered why all the newspaper critics had creamed they y-fronts over dat 'Wire' thang and all that shit, an wen an bought the series, man. Hey, Niga, got some WMD? We all know what one or two of our Members of Parliament ideolise themselve as; sho' we all do. A bit of c'rruption here, a bit of c'ruption there - hey, man, it's cool. An' it's black, man; niga territory.

And then I got sick of the culture and threw out the remaining DVDs.

But 'Norsemen' is good. I really like the accents.
Have to strongly disagree with you ref "The Wire".

Personally, l thought it was fantastic. Acting, writing, realism all of the very highest standard.

"The Sopranos" aside, it is the greatest piece of television that l have ever watched.

Just binge watched the 1st series of Fort Salem (Basic Military witch school, no blokes and no saluting).... in a horrible but a fascinating way, it's Buffy the vampire slayer meets a lightweight version of the first half of Full metal jacket with a dash of various examples of sexual liberalism for late teen girls that are confused.

It's got so many plot holes that bus traffic probably stopped filming and some aspects are close to plagiarism (Alders Biddys and Potter as a Horcrux).

But I enjoyed it! I don't know why (Probably thanks to Amalia Holm Bjelke, (Sylla in the Lesbian love bit, nothing fruity)).

This is General Alder (Still current Chief Witch today) crossing the Delaware.... could not find the one in the credits of her helping to fight against a Highland Regiment. A bit of thought had gone into the series itself.

genalderdelaware-1024x522.jpg

Think that's fantasy.... how about this one....

crossing-the-swamp-ht-jef-180802_hpEmbed_3x2_992.jpg

Last edited:
Reported for heritage theft.
Damn.
Have to strongly disagree with you ref "The Wire".

Personally, l thought it was fantastic. Acting, writing, realism all of the very highest standard.

"The Sopranos" aside, it is the greatest piece of television that l have ever watched.
Since my reply to you was deemed improper, perhaps a snip from The Wire can be substituted:

Latest Threads