What TV show have you just watched

I've jumped back into Series 2 of The Crown. I started watching it with my daughter ages ago, we both enjoyed watching it and it provided plenty of topics for discussion.

Mrs Biff and I have just watched the last 6 series of Alone.

The premise is that 10 people are dropped off separately in remote locations. The last one that bangs out wins $500k. They have the clothes they stand up in and a few spares and they are allowed to take 10 items, no guns then all they have to do is survive and feed themselves. There is no time limit and some of them are taken out before they kark it from starvation.

Don't cheat and find out who wins the series.
We've been staying up until gone 2 each morning before we give up. It's really addictive as you watch the contestants suffer and screw up.

Fantastic TV IMHO.

More reality TV shit. No thanks.

In between other stuff, I'm also watching this, which I suppose counts as a TV show:

s-l640.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The 'Sinner' featuring Bill Pullman on Netflix. Weird, creepy and compelling.

If you liked Cardinal you'll enjoy this.

Fill your boots.

NSP

LE
Snowpiercer on the flix of t'net. Much, much better than the movie. And it's got Jennifer Connolly in it, looking and being all strict in a schoolma'amish way as the train boss...

More reality TV shit. No thanks.
It isn't reality TV in the sense of Big brother.
Alone is hilarious in parts. They are all supposed to be trained or experienced in survival but it's obvious some of them were telling porkies.
One bloke, ex US Army, dropped off by boat, walks around a bit, cops some bear poo on the ground then hits the get me out of here button. Didn't even unroll his sleeping bag.

Last edited:
It isn't reality TV in the sense of Big brother.
Alone is hilarious in parts. They are all supposed to be trained or experienced in survival but it's obvious some of the were telling porkies.
One bloke, ex US Army, dropped off by boat, walks around a bit, cops some bear poo on the ground then hits the get me out of here button. Didn't even unroll his sleeping bag.
Is Bear Grylls in it?

Aussie mini-series Gallipoli. Currently on Amazon Prime. Very good indeed. Attention to detail superb. Definitely worth a watch. Quite depressing. 'Fourth wave... prepare to die pointlessly...'

I've watched Season 2 of Mayans M.C. over the last couple of evenings. I wasn't really overly impressed by Season 1 at the time so nearly didn't bother. However, the characters and plot is starting to develop so I guess S1 was really just the introduction to set the scene.

arcticfox042

War Hero
Travelers, just finished the lot and it's very good. The time travel was confusing at times but very good acting and the end was finished very well. Not going to be a season 4 which is the way it should be.
Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 05.12.40.png

waffen

Old-Salt
Just finished The Plot Against American, based on the Philip Roth novel. Slow burn, but well worth sticking with.

Something I recorded and watched in one go. Rise Of The Nazis from BBC 4. Lots of talking heads, including General Sir Mike Jackson. Was struggling to see the point, nothing new was presented and some contributors making comments about 'police states' etc was thinly disguised references to certain current political leaders. What really did it for me though was the appearance of that well known expert in these matters, Ash Sarker. Yes, really. Ash f*****g Sarker.

Just got into a new TV series but not sure if it's available in the UK yet.
Brave New World
Set in a dystopian future, plenty of fit bonking and I haven't seen a porker in New London yet, just top totty.
I'm not sure I'd like just being able to thrap who I'd like, male or female. It leaves the door open for ones back door to be savaged by some random geezer. I mean, there has to be some love in it, right?

Something I recorded and watched in one go. Rise Of The Nazis from BBC 4. Lots of talking heads, including General Sir Mike Jackson. Was struggling to see the point, nothing new was presented and some contributors making comments about 'police states' etc was thinly disguised references to certain current political leaders. What really did it for me though was the appearance of that well known expert in these matters, Ash Sarker. Yes, really. Ash f*****g Sarker.
And of course Ms Sarkar (that well known proud Communist) failed to mention that in the absence of a violent German Communist Party and their associated paramilitaries the Nazi Party might have died at birth and would have probably expired by 1933 a la the BNP etc.
I too wondered what the hell she was doing on that programme but because it was made by the BBC I already know the answer.

I put that on. She/it came on. I turned it over.
I have no desire to listen to that spout it’s claptrap. Especially on a documentary about Nazis. Her & her ilk don’t even know what the word means, let alone speak about it in a factual programme.

arfah

LE
The Dambusters on Film4.
The expurgated version (No sheriff of Rockridge)

P.S. “Radiator Shutters Automatic”

NSP

LE
Cursed on Netflix. Sort of fantasy Arthurian thing about witches and some mad murderous monks. Very violent. Roll on season two...!

I keep meaning to catch up with Once Upon a Time in Iraq but haven’t found the time as yet.

Caught the last 15 mins of tonight’s episode which looks as it will indeed be worthwhile watching even though from what I saw it would be an overall negative view of the war, no surprise there. The segment I caught had talking heads one of whom was an ex US colonel who had a reputation for running an aggressive outfit but the end result was turning many Iraqis against them but was stuck in the bind of ‘what else did you expect when you send that outfit in’. And he seemed pained when looking back on what happened.

Watched it last night - both episodes very Septic orientated, weren't we there as well? I notice that they haven't had the mendacious Alastair on (he of the dodgy dossier) - could have been an interesting interview (if I could have stood looking at his mug on the TV without launching something heavy at the screen).

Latest Threads