What TV show have you just watched

@Tedsson @Alec_Lomas

I remember the original series and some very powerful performances were delivered .... I was reluctant to view " remakes " which can be a disappointment however after your Posts and seeing they are available on iPlayer looks like I too shall be watching ... and hopefully enjoying .
Have you watched any of the monologues? If so what do you think?

I don't remember them being so dark. Maybe the changing times.

Quite a few of them have had a WTF moment - especially the groundsman one. (No spoilers).

Anyone who thought Bennett was all "ooooohh would you like a nice barmcake Betty" is in for a surprise.

Have you watched any of the monologues? If so what do you think?

I don't remember them being so dark. Maybe the changing times.

Quite a few of them have had a WTF moment - especially the groundsman one. (No spoilers).

Anyone who thought Bennett was all "ooooohh would you like a nice barmcake Betty" is in for a surprise.
Not yet but I intend to ... on a bit of a list of things to watch / read .

exspy

LE
I doubt that anyone would have the balls to repeat Hill Street.
They repeated the entire Hill Street Blues series here recently, showing one episode each weekday. Much of the language, when referring to minority characters, was bleeped out. Even when referring to the Irish gang. I don't recall, when watching it during the 80's, ever being shocked by the language.

I guess I'm the reason racism exists.

They repeated the entire Hill Street Blues series here recently, showing one episode each weekday. Much of the language, when referring to minority characters, was bleeped out. Even when referring to the Irish gang. I don't recall, when watching it during the 80's, ever being shocked by the language.

I guess I'm the reason racism exists.
Where was that?

Civvies-

Bit like Soldier Soldier but...tour tache- Luxuriant.

Found it totally by accident whilst looking for something totally different (would you believe)

Give it a whirl.

I'm guessing most here have seen/heard of it before. Apols... tonight was my first time...still watching..

Just finished the penultimate episode of series one of 'Gomorrah'.

Italian crime drama based on the Camorra gangs in Naples.

Good. Gritty. Brutal.

Karamoja

War Hero
Got 30 days of free Amazon Prime last week. Thought I'd finally get round to following up all the recommendations concerning Bosch. Just finished series one, and I concur, it is a cracking police series. Onto series 2 now but as far as the rest of the Prime lineup goes I don't think I will be subscribing.

Good. Gritty. Brutal.
Is Bugsy in it?

Civvies-

Bit like Soldier Soldier but...tour tache- Luxuriant.

Found it totally by accident whilst looking for something totally different (would you believe)

Give it a whirl.

I'm guessing most here have seen/heard of it before. Apols... tonight was my first time...still watching..
Hello to Jason.
I was hoping this one had been consigned to the dustbin of telly history.

New series started on Sky Atlantic last night, Penny Dreadful - City Of Angels.

Set in Los Angeles in 1938 it seems to have everything in it. Gruesome murders, angels of death. Nazis from the Bund, swearing, racism, the supernatural.

Obviously the Nazi is played by a Brit.

I will reserve judgement for the time being but is is watchable.

Dark - Netflix (Change Audio Settings to German with English subtitles because the American accents dubbed over it just don't cut it)

Ozark - Netflix - Full of Fcuk me I didn't see that coming moments. It's a sort of Game of Thrones meets Tinstar type arrangement.

Cardinal - BBC - Lots of Murder with superb acting from the two lead detectives.

philc

LE

Good. Gritty. Brutal.
Gomorrah is very good, as for the language unless your native to Naples you would struggle. Italian it aint, well it is but very colloquial to the region. The wife who is fluent used subtitles whilst listening, which is a pain as she kept saying, he did not say that, no thats wrong, who translated this.

Me I enjoyed it.

exspy

LE
Where was that?
CHCH-TV from Hamilton, Ontario. The station is available to the approx 8 million people in what's called the Golden Horseshoe with Toronto at one end and Hamilton at the other.

This station caters to the older viewer with all-day broadcasts of shows from the 70's and 80's. Right now I get to watch the original Mission: Impossible and Starsky and Hutch. Very much of their time but still, in a nostalgic way, very entertaining.

Cheers,
Dan.

exspy

LE
Cardinal - BBC - Lots of Murder with superb acting from the two lead detectives.
Canadian series. Made four of them. Watched them all. Re-watching the first series now. I think you'll enjoy it,

New series started on Sky Atlantic last night, Penny Dreadful - City Of Angels.
It just finished over here this past Sunday. Had me hooked from the first episode. Can't go wrong with Nazi's as the bad guys. At first I thought Nathan Lane as the tough Detective was going to be a joke, but he does a phenomenal job in the role. Sets itself up for a sequel.

Cheers,
Dan.