What TV show have you just watched

jg505

Old-Salt
Car SOS, where Fizz and the shouty one known as Tim were doing up a Corvette C3 Stingray.

A bit dusty in here given the circumstances of the poor sod who owned the car.
Yeah, some of their projects are for some very deserving people, down on their luck or even worse.

Seen 'em all already.
His new Mrs is bit cheesy and was all over the series that was all about his gaff. They eat some fantastic stuff so there's no chance of Colonel Strawbridge losing any of his trademark belly.
Have you seen the ones where he has to get up at any sort of height? He has had some major arse drops on camera when he has been up a high ladder or cherry picker. I'll bet they've left the best bits on the cutting room floor.
I thought Matt Lucas was an inspired piece of casting as "the missus".

Second episode of Vienna Blood on tonight - definitely worth watching. My son has downloaded Babylon Berlin for me - is it worth flogging through? It seemed to be very well received when it was on.
we’re onto series three of Babylon Berlin, very watchable. Just starting to brush with communist street protests/battles not long now before we get to the Nazi rise to power as a background I suspect.

good array of characters, Police Chief is Jewish, so his storyline is going to get rough....

bcsack

Old-Salt
Searched the thread and don't see any mention of the first season of "Over There" - bit like "68 Whiskey" with more gore - quite watchable.

Where do you live and what version of BBC1 do you get?

I just looked in yesterday's Times TV schedules and there is no Sink Or Skim listed. Not in England anyway.

The BBC Scotland website showed a programme with that title back in January.
I'm down in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Brighton & Hove (the place with the Green loony and two Labour gayboys as our MPs). But the BBC should be network wide at that time of the evening, unless you live amongst the oatmeal savages then something jockenese is on.

I'm down in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Brighton & Hove (the place with the Green loony and two Labour gayboys as our MPs). But the BBC should be network wide at that time of the evening, unless you live amongst the oatmeal savages then something jockenese is on.
Oddly enough it was on last night. Maybe the Greens have somehow managed a time warp.

It's not exactly the "new normal sport" from the blurb. More a one-off docco on some wacky thing the PWs get up to.

Since there’s been a few evening drinks, as one dose, I may have posted this before but I can highly second recommend for those vintage BAOR and RAFG warriors Babylon Berlin. German with English titles on sky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another +ve vote for White Lines (Netflix). Pretty decent plot, nice Ibiza scenery, plenty of tits and a banging 90's drug-fuelled electro-trance soundtrack.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Since there’s been a few evening drinks, as one dose, I may have posted this before but I can highly second recommend for those vintage BAOR and RAFG warriors Babylon Berlin. German with English titles on sky.

Watching that clip is exactly how I pictured scenes whilst reading the Philip Kerr novels on Bernie Gunther.
What side is it on?

Caught up with the first episode last night after my son downloaded it for me. Could have done with a bit more background, but the loose ends that were left dangling will probably be tied up in later episodes. Very atmospheric and moody but quite impressed by it and will try and catch up an episode a night. One thing I noticed - I assume that the originals are 1 hour slots, the version I have (with no adverts) lasted 45 minutes. Just goes to show how many commercial breaks are slipped into programmes these days.

Welcome repeat on CH4 of the documentary 'The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off'. Not an easy watch and remembered so much of it from last time around. Dealt a shitty pack of cards and the way his story was shown was...words fail me. Go watch it. Nell McAndrew comes across as a thoroughly nice person. He didn't get knighted or a fly-past for walking around his garden but deserves to be known about.

CCXTV on freeview channel 23, ‘ Battlefield’. About the USSRs campaign against the Japanese in 1945.
A campaign of WW2 I have to admit I knew little about. Interesting programme.

Another +ve vote for White Lines (Netflix). Pretty decent plot, nice Ibiza scenery, plenty of tits and a banging 90's drug-fuelled electro-trance soundtrack.
Thank you for the review and providing the perfect reason why I won't be watching it. I'd rather listen to a car alarm.

CCXTV on freeview channel 23, ‘ Battlefield’. About the USSRs campaign against the Japanese in 1945.
A campaign of WW2 I have to admit I knew little about. Interesting programme.
Ditto. Interesting that the officer cadets passing out had to serve 8 months in the ranks after their passing out before being properly commissioned.
Oh and God himself handing out certificates.
Interesting but weird.

Watching that clip is exactly how I pictured scenes whilst reading the Philip Kerr novels on Bernie Gunther.
What side is it on?
Sky Atlantic catch up. There’s 2 series.

"Who was top of the league, this year?"
My earlier Post #9630 prompted your immediate response above concerning the role of Barry Foster as the Don R in the real 1958 version of " Dunkirk " and the conversation when he meets up with Tubby and his Section .

Well by chance today I came across my box of free Daily Mail WW2 DVD’s including " Dunkirk " so just had to watch it to confirm the answer which I could vaguely remember …. and I was right .... some of the grey cells are still there .

My earlier Post #9630 prompted your immediate response above concerning the role of Barry Foster as the Don R in the real 1958 version of " Dunkirk " and the conversation when he meets up with Tubby and his Section .

Well by chance today I came across my box of free Daily Mail WW2 DVD’s including " Dunkirk " so just had to watch it to confirm the answer which I could vaguely remember …. and I was right .... some of the grey cells are still there .
"There was no league played this year".
"Everton won it last year".
" You'll do".

For fans of Narcos and Narcos Mexico on Netflix there is a new one out called El Dragon Return of a Warrior - A Tokyo-based financier must return to Mexico to replace his grandfather as head of a cartel. Two rivals are already causing trouble and he finds himself having to battle them for control.

There are 2 series and having watched the first 3 episodes, it is a lot slower than Narcos and building up the main man.

Latest Threads