What TV show have you just watched

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well that's my Friday night viewing well and truly expectation managed.
Well, as mentioned, most RD fans loved it so good luck :)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Watched it and it was largely as funny as taking a diving boot to the swingers. I say that as a fan of the show (series I-VII). A few chuckles but jokes telegraphed a mile out.

Aware that I'm hugely in the minority according to Twitter.
I, too, never found it that funny, there were a couple of moments but worth missing IMHO. This coming from a massive RD fan.

A third recommendation before broadcast (well by an hour and a week late for Episodes 1 and 2)

Twin, BBC Four at 9pm.

Stars that huge ginger bloke out of GOT as a, errh, umm, twin.

Times review of 1 and 2 is simple: "Enough waffle. Twin is great".

SPOILER ALERT - Tiger King

Certainly some sad characters. There were a lot people living on the edge of criminality. I'd be worried if I was the new husband of the woman running the Cat rescue. Multi millionaire blokes don't just disappear and there must be another story in his frequent flights to Costa rica without any flight plans. I'm sure the DEA would have been well aware of what happened to him.
I can't be the only one that laughed when out of the blue, they played the cctv of Joe's Hubby as he popped a cap in his swede while fvcking about with his glock demonstrating to the chubby that the weapon is safe with the mag off.
What does arrse think about the bit where Joe was mauled whilst filming a TV commercial and later claimed that his boots had been spiked with something to attract the cats? It seems odd that all the years experience he had around them he had never been attacked like that and the cat did appear fixated on his one foot.
I'm inclined to believe it was the dodgy redneck ex con who was key in setting Joe up for his current incarceration.
Even the professional documentary producer that became embroiled with the bloke came off looking as dodgy as your hat.
All in all, a weird but entertaining series.
We’ve just finished it and the phrase “only in America” has never been so apt. I too laughed at the idiot and the nd and the bit with the chimps At the end took away any ounce of sympathy for him. It did explain why roadster ended up in the states as all techs like mulletts, spangly shirts and a penchance for chaps.

We’ve just finished it and the phrase “only in America” has never been so apt. I too laughed at the idiot and the nd and the bit with the chimps At the end took away any ounce of sympathy for him. It did explain why roadster ended up in the states as all techs like mulletts, spangly shirts and a penchance for chaps.
I watched it with Mrs Biff. There were quite a few moments when we just looked at each other and said in unison, What the fvck!
One of the bits we found hilarious was when his two husbands came out as straight.
Joe must have been getting ripped off by everyone around him.

Last edited:
I watched it with Mrs Biff. There were quite a few moments when we just looked at each other and said in unison, What the fvck!
One of the bits we found hilarious was when his two husbands came out as straight.
Bummed for tigers think I’d rather subscribe to the animal channel. He bought 1 of the husbands cars pink guns and all sorts but couldn’t stretch to a new pair of choppers

endure

GCM
If you've got Amazon Prime it's well worth watching 'Emperor' which is the story of General Bonner Fellers who inquired into the guilt of Emperor Hirohito before recommending that he keep his throne in order to stop a general uprising.

A bit Hollywoodish but worth watching.

Danatanian

Old-Salt
Just finished both series of Life on Mars. Saw some episodes here and there over the years but this is the first time I have watched both series at once. Pretty epic and a cracking ending, really enjoyed it. My sister has been on at me to watch it for ages. Lockdown seemed as good a time as any.

Apparently the BBC are making a third series set in an alternate today. I really hope they stay true to this and not go off on a woke crusade. This was some of the best Television I have seen in a long time. Wished I had caught it much earlier.

About to start on Ashes to Ashes.

Just finished both series of Life on Mars. Saw some episodes here and there over the years but this is the first time I have watched both series at once. Pretty epic and a cracking ending, really enjoyed it. My sister has been on at me to watch it for ages. Lockdown seemed as good a time as any.

Apparently the BBC are making a third series set in an alternate today. I really hope they stay true to this and not go off on a woke crusade. This was some of the best Television I have seen in a long time. Wished I had caught it much earlier.

About to start on Ashes to Ashes.
Your hope will be replaced by despair unless the BBC are decimated soon.
For that, I live in hope.

BopBopBop

War Hero
I'm halfway through Spielberg's 'Taken' series on Amazon Prime.
Saw a bit when it first came out in 2002? and wanted to know how it ends.

It's about 15 hours of Close Encounters and US government conspiracy, crossing a couple of generation's.

Perfect lockdown fodder.

Watching the mum who got tourettes on channel 4, I'm crying with her outbursts in public. :D
As if we haven't got enough to worry about without C4 spreading this! Well I don't watch C4 so I'm not likely to catch it.
Tit weasels, GBBO. :)

If not already covered Car Masters on Netflix is well worth a lectch watch.

Typical US Hotrod making show where in 30 mins you can strip down a scrapper and rebuild it as an artistic masterpiece - never discovering a rust welded nut that takes a day of swearing to remove or having that tiny critical and irreplaceable part ping past your head and into a passing wormhole.

Worth watching for two things.
And after you get past Constance Nunes there's their skill at knocking together an interesting bit of engineering and sticking a load of awful looking web-themed bling on it and a hideous paintjob.
Gotham Garage - Batman. DC Comics. Webs - Spiderman. Marvel. I mean why??

Going back to Constance (and you will), she's remarkably safe to study in depth in front of the wife as all you need to do is occasionally chuck in a comment about her nails (how do you rebuild an engine with them) or her hands - which lack the cuts and ingrained engine oil my mitts do after just walking into the garage.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
As if we haven't got enough to worry about without C4 spreading this! Well I don't watch C4 so I'm not likely to catch it.

Typical US Hotrod making show where in 30 mins you can strip down a scrapper and rebuild it as an artistic masterpiece - never discovering a rust welded nut that takes a day of swearing to remove or having that tiny critical and irreplaceable part ping past your head and into a passing wormhole.

And after you get past Constance Nunes there's their skill at knocking together an interesting bit of engineering and sticking a load of awful looking web-themed bling on it and a hideous paintjob.

Going back to Constance (and you will), she's remarkably safe to study in depth in front of the wife as all you need to do is occasionally chuck in a comment about her nails (how do you rebuild an engine with them) or her hands - which lack the cuts and ingrained engine oil my mitts do after just walking into the garage.
If you like women and custom builds, you need to watch Iron Resurrection on Discovery. The owner's wife is a particularly Milfy blonde and she knows her cars too.
ETA:-
1586811844939.png

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Started watching Sparatcus on Netflix out of sheer boredom. I feel that there is more than a whiff of lavender about the whole thing, yes there is plenty of top bollocks & nipplage on display, but too far much of men in jockstraps wrestling, I know that the greeks go in for that sort of thing but I feel there is a hidden agenda to turn us all into pillow biters

Started watching Sparatcus on Netflix out of sheer boredom. I feel that there is more than a whiff of lavender about the whole thing, yes there is plenty of top bollocks & nipplage on display, but too far much of men in jockstraps wrestling, I know that the greeks go in for that sort of thing but I feel there is a hidden agenda to turn us all into pillow biters
You didn't get the memo then?......we're all sisters now.

He now has a new set of teeth and has got married to a Female

So on Saturday morning I'm flipping around the channels to find something other than C-Word news when I spot Indy Car Racing on NBC Sports {USA}. Cool I thinks, it must be an old race they are showing.

For those not familiar with Indy Cars it's Americas answer to Nascar and F1, open wheeler's hurtling around a track as fast as they can go. The Indianapolis 500 is the most well known event but besides that they also race on Super Speedway tracks and have Road events. Saturday's race was at Michigan Super Speedway, a two mile banked oval where they can touch 234+ mph on the back straight, I've been there and can honestly say it was one of the greatest sports events I have ever seen. 250 laps of balls to the wall, blow your ears off racing. Even the wife loved it.

Anyway, I flip the channel on and the cars are all lined up behind the Pace Car holding them back at around 80mph. In between blabbing about the drivers I hear the commentator say "Indy Racing April 2020 is about to begin." Sure enough the pace car buggers off and the racing starts. Wtf, I think, how can this be, shirley they can't be live racing?
1st lap. a big crash, 5 cars pile into one another, the commentators are flipping, the drivers are yapping to the pit crews, 1,2,3 replays.....again I think wtf? - I say this out loud!

The wife: " You do know this is virtual racing right?

Me:
1586768115499.png

"Errrrr, yep, of course I knew that! {I didn't}

1586767917089.png

Who Knew? Indy Car has organized a virtual racing season complete with the actual drivers competing around the world, driving simulators in their respective countries, scheduled for the days and circuits they would be driving the normal race. My only defence is that it looked so real on screen {HD} and with the live commentary matching the race I was completely fooled.

Anyway I thought what a great idea, maybe this is how Liverpool can win the Title and thank god there isn't an 'How bone is my hubby' thread.

Firm fan, Constance is mighty fine on the eye.
IMG_20200407_210315.jpg

I, too, never found it that funny, there were a couple of moments but worth missing IMHO. This coming from a massive RD fan.
Watched it and it was largely as funny as taking a diving boot to the swingers. I say that as a fan of the show (series I-VII). A few chuckles but jokes telegraphed a mile out.

Aware that I'm hugely in the minority according to Twitter.
Hmmmm. I watched it last night. I'm not sure I saw the whole thing as the Sky catch-up thing seems a bit screwed up.

What I did see didn't even raise a smile. I tittered not. Not even a jot.

What a waste.

The short programme of the out-takes was bloody hilarious!

Third series of Killing Eve is now available on iPlayer.

Dunno why its not broadcast on BBC 1 or 2 (which now seem to be called "linear" television. Where did that come from?)

PFGEN

GCM
One of my favourite scenes out of that lot was John Hannah casually lobbing one up one of the slaves while having an offhand conversation with the wife, Lucy Lawless. Any scenes with Viva Bianca with her top bollocks out was also worth waiting for.

Latest Threads