What TV show have you just watched

Heads up for tonight at 2100hrs on ITV, Jonathon Dimbleby Return to Belsen. I know most on this site have visited Belsen and if they`re like me, the haunting atmosphere has never left me.

Watching it now.
I spent 4 years living a few miles down the road and of course, visiting relatives always wanted to go. After the second time we had been, we flatly refused to go with any visitors. We'd drop them off and pick them up later.
Mrs Biff and I were unable to face going there a third time as it was so emotionally exhausting for both of us. Long may these sites remain.

Just watching Jonathon Dimbleby Return to Belsen based on his dad’s radio broadcasts on the camps liberation and the subsequent trial at Luneberg. Excellent, watch it on catch-up ITV

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
Just finished series 1 of Ozark. Not sure if I fell sorry for main character yet, but as with many tv shows he'd be better off if the narcos offed his kids for him. Series 2 beckons!

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
It gets better and better and the kids form part of the whole story.
Damn ill have to put up with them! The one bit I did like was the death obsessed son sending the autistic guy into a shop for a semi auto rifle and hi capacity mag, and the salesman helpfully pointing out he accidently signed off on Yes im buying for someone else" and let him change it!
Between that and the Lickity Splitz "gentlemens" club, im thinking a move to Missouri may not be too bad!

Damn ill have to put up with them! The one bit I did like was the death obsessed son sending the autistic guy into a shop for a semi auto rifle and hi capacity mag, and the salesman helpfully pointing out he accidently signed off on Yes im buying for someone else" and let him change it!
Between that and the Lickity Splitz "gentlemens" club, im thinking a move to Missouri may not be too bad!
Have you fell in love with Ruth yet?
She's a honey.

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
She's a honey.
Not yet, bit too psycho for me. I quite liked Rachel the woman who ran the Marina. Especially when shes after a sunday night fnck, I reckon I could get my hand down the back of her jeans then (so she says) shes anyones. Last seen leaving with a load of cash so not sure if shes in series 2. Should find out tomorrow!

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
In exciting (for me) news, the Netflix series Fauda is releasing Season 3 on 16th April. Happy days.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Again there are two German mini-series that I’d like to recommend to the very many ARRSErs familiar with the language.

The first one is "Der Überläufer“, a four-parter that deals with a German Army unit cut off in Poland at the end of WWII and how the squaddies deal with the situation. There are lots of unexpected twists and turns in the tale and it's well worth watching - if only for the nuddy scenes with the "Polish" (but really Russian) biddy.

https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/more/2BdnWYAxqSpDZNIoE8z1O/der-ueberlaeufer

The second is a riveting two-parter called "Meister des Todes" about, basically illegal, weapons exports by a fictitious German company. It’s interesting because the mini-series is the result of investigations by various journalists into exactly such business. A business, by the way, that the Federal German Intelligence Service (BND) was (and probably still is) deeply involved in for decades.

There’s also a whole load of further highly interesting information about the subject on the website.

https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/mor...fvl/meister-des-todes-oder-thriller-und-dokus

Enjoy!

MsG

She's a honey.
Caught an interview with her on youtube, and I was surprised to hear her talk with a regular accent. Apparently, from the Bronx!

TamH70

MIA
Just finished watching Rich Hall's first BBC4 documentary, "Rich Hall's How the West Was Lost", covering how the Americans tell each other lies about their Western past - from near the end of the Frontier period itself up until near when the show was filmed, from before film was even invented and just how popular those lies were (to the extent that I'm sure the first film any of us saw had a fair chance of being a Western-themed one). I can understand why the Beeb kept hiring him to do another documentary of the same sort of length on what looks like an annual basis ever since - he's just that damned good at his job.

BTW, if you ever want to shut up a hipster neck-beard bedecked feckwit who thinks that Sergio Leone was the best director of Western films,(and if you look online this sort of feckwit is easy to find) gut-punch him, (or her, let's not be biased), tie him or her to a chair and make him or her watch his excoriation of the over-rated Italian's work that occurs about three-quarters of the way through the film, as it is a thing of terrible beauty.

Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness.

I'm not entirely sure how to describe it or even if it was goo. It was certainly interesting and disturbing.

For the second time in my life here is advance warning of something worth watching.

Red Dwarf: The Promised Land. A full length feature film RD. All the original actors (including the two Hollies) and written by the original writers.

Dave, 9pm Thursday 9th April.

For the second time in my life here is advance warning of something worth watching.

Red Dwarf: The Promised Land. A full length feature film RD. All the original actors (including the two Hollies) and written by the original writers.

Dave, 9pm Thursday 9th April.
What is it?!

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Just finished watching Rich Hall's first BBC4 documentary, "Rich Hall's How the West Was Lost"......
Saw that a while back and was very impressed. Rich Hall isn't an obvious first choice for a documentarian, but I thought he did a cracking job.

I had to parse that a few times. I assume your name is Dave.
A RD fan should know.
It’s in the time jump episode when they keep jumping back & fore 10 mins at a time & he Cat keeps on asking ‘What is it?’ after Kryten has explained the situation.

It doesn’t matter.

Latest Threads