What TV show have you just watched

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
After years of telling her she’ll like it, I’ve finally managed to get the missus to sit down and watch Narcos. She’s travelled extensively round South America and speaks fluent Spanish so I thought it’d be up her street.

I’ve already seen the original 3 series, but enjoyed watching them again.

We’re on Narcos Mexico now.

Still pretty good but doesn’t pack as much of a punch as the Columbian ones.

It’s a lot harder to follow for a start. Loads more characters to keep track of.

I miss Pablo.

The Repairshop, now on BBC1. Just caught up with last week's episode with the jukebox repair. My it was a bit dusty at chateau mush I'm afraid

The Repair Shop, Series 6: Episode 2: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000gppb via @bbciplayer

BopBopBop

War Hero
Watching Game of Thrones for the very first time and finding it very good.
Got the advantage of watching it all over a couple of weeks instead of the 8 years it took to make.
S4E1 tonight.

It's a good training film for the way things are going to be like after the virus.

TamH70

MIA
Got the advantage of watching it all over a couple of weeks instead of the 8 years it took to make.
S4E1 tonight.

It's a good training film for the way things are going to be like after the virus.
By all reports from sources l trust, avoid the last season like, well, Covid-19, if you want to avoid putting your boot through your telly box-like thing.

BopBopBop

War Hero
After years of telling her she’ll like it, I’ve finally managed to get the missus to sit down and watch Narcos. She’s travelled extensively round South America and speaks fluent Spanish so I thought it’d be up her street.

I’ve already seen the original 3 series, but enjoyed watching them again.

We’re on Narcos Mexico now.

Still pretty good but doesn’t pack as much of a punch as the Columbian ones.

It’s a lot harder to follow for a start. Loads more characters to keep track of.

I miss Pablo.
Aren't the CIA a bunch of TWATS.

edit...
Snowfall (BBC) deals with the USA end of the CIA Op.

Last edited:
It’s a very good show.
The skill of the people involved is unbelievable.
Some of the stuff they bring in is skip worthy & they bring it back to life amazingly.
They do a wonderful job, but some of the repairs are almost complete replacement and remind me of Triggers Broom!
A great programme though and a perfect antidote to all the negative, repetitive crap on the News Channels.

Karamoja

Old-Salt
S4E1 tonight.

A picture is worth a thousand words :-

Game of thrones_copy_500x430.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm currently watching Kingdom, a South Korean series set in the 16th century, sort of Oriental Walking Dead but with better acting and lots of blood. Onto the 2nd season now, some of it is dubbed and some is English spoken.
en.wikipedia.org

Kingdom (South Korean TV series) - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

TamH70

MIA
The last episode of "Hitler's Propaganda Machine", on the Yesterday channel. Quite interesting, lots of Professors show up onscreen to do the talking bits to camera.

ches

LE
I watched series 1 of Save Me on sky first time it was on. Did a final episode refresh before piling into Series 2 last week. Bloody brilliant. Alongside Mark Strong, Lennie James is a fine UK actor. Great stuff.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Narcos: Mexico on Netflix.

I echo @Ravers' comment above. There seems to be a cast of thousands of similarly attired, terrible hair-cutted Mexicans who swear a lot. I struggled a bit with Season 2 (3 episodes in), even with the handy recap they show you of season 1.

Having said that, Diego Luna is superb in this. Every frame he's on screen is pure gold, with his dead shark-like eyes and brooding menace. I'm enjoying it a great deal and even watching it in 1080 resolution, the cinematography is excellent.

Dirty Money on Netflix

I binge-watched the first series of Dirty Money in a weekend and the second series is just as good. Each documentary covers a different subject, such as VW's Dieselgate scandal, or Donald Trump's rise to prominence and is expertly constructed with a fascinating narrative. I'm on season 2, episode 2 at the moment and it's about the Prime Minister of Malaysia and his utterly odious wife (think Imelda Marcos, but without the shame, taste or restraint) and their embezzling of billions of dollars. Not a subject matter guaranteed for entertainment, but it's quite gripping.

The Mandalorian - Disney +

The hype machine has ruined this for me. If I'd seen it six months ago, it might've made a stronger impression. It's good, but I expected even more.

IG-11 was amusing for about three minutes.

The family liked it, though and when all the episodes are out, we'll probably take a month of Disney+ just to finish off the series.

Heads up for tonight at 2100hrs on ITV, Jonathon Dimbleby Return to Belsen. I know most on this site have visited Belsen and if they`re like me, the haunting atmosphere has never left me.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Kingdom on Netflix. A rather excellent Korean take on the zombie theme. Very good.
With the ending of S2, there has to be a S3.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Latest Threads