What TV show have you just watched

Many years back, I spent an enjoyable couple of hours in a TV Green Room with Michael Elphick - we were on one of those Leadership tasks which were popular at the time, blah your way into a Hospital Operation, appear on TV etc. Our group of 3 spent an enjoyable few days in London and blagged our way on to some Talk Show. I can’t even remember the host, but the guests included Michael Elphick, Bobby and Jackie Charlton’s Mum (who was lovely) and a couple of actors from Neighbours!
Michael Elphick was good company and liked a drink or three!
Many moons ago when he was filming the 'Private Schultz' series, I took him on some of the para training equipment,including the tower. The latter is 70' high where he was strapped into a para harness and subsequently released into a suspended position to undergo immediate 'canopy just deployed' actions before being released again under a controlled system to practise his landing technique. He gave it a fair go in all, less the 'hip flask' moments. A couple of us went on to film the parachuting sequence at Blackbush.

As you remark, he was great company.

Oops

Old-Salt
For the first time in my life I've actually managed to catch the start of Das Boot.....
Sony movie channel .
I'm set for't neet!

Many years back, I spent an enjoyable couple of hours in a TV Green Room with Michael Elphick - we were on one of those Leadership tasks which were popular at the time, blah your way into a Hospital Operation, appear on TV etc. Our group of 3 spent an enjoyable few days in London and blagged our way on to some Talk Show. I can’t even remember the host, but the guests included Michael Elphick, Bobby and Jackie Charlton’s Mum (who was lovely) and a couple of actors from Neighbours!
Michael Elphick was good company and liked a drink or three!
It was the booze that did for him in the end.

Just finished Hunters on Amazon Prime. That is worth watching - a bit comic book-like so might not be for everyone.

Now just moved into The Man in the High Castle, but after one episode not sure I’ll stick it. Looking forward to moving onto the latest season of Westworld soon though.

Any Westland jockeys amongst us?

I've been watching a tv series on Yesterday called Warbird Workshop. It’s quite good. This episode is about the restoration of a Navy Westland Wessex.
I’ve also posted it in the aviation geek thread.

WW2 Treasure Hunters, History Channel with Suggs and Steve Taylor.
Came across it by accident and I have to say, I'm entertained. They are playing them back to back right now.
It's a bit like time team where they identify a likely site, excavate and they try and match some of the stuff they find to the individuals that owned them and talk to their families about the individual. One I just watched included a spoon they matched to a RAF WO, who it transpired was a test pilot before and during the BoB.
Suggs introduces some humorous moments and it's well done.
Worth a Biff recommendation.

Series 3 of "Ozark" is on Netflix at last.

I throat slitting and 2 bombings before the opening credits.

An excellent series. Good plot, interesting characters, well scripted.

[

I started watching Under The Dome but sort of drifted away from it in a “couldn’t really give a shite” sort of way. I might give the book a bash. Hopefully it will fit the old view of King books: good book/crap film - crap book/good film. Agree very strongly on Red.

I enjoyed "Under the Dome" until the ending which was a bollox. All very Stephen king as society collapses and the good go bad.

Series 3 of "Ozark" is on Netflix at last.

I throat slitting and 2 bombings before the opening credits.

An excellent series. Good plot, interesting characters, well scripted.
I love that show.

Liking the subtle new ads...practically subliminal...
Screenshot_20200329-201051_Opera.jpg

TamH70

MIA
Saw a bit of New!New!New!Top Gear. The one that isn't an ex-cricketer or an incredibly unfunny Northern "comedian" was testing the Tesla Model 3, and barely avoiding having what Jezza Clarkson used to call a "crisis" over it. It's extremely fast in a straight line, shit in corners, ugly as sin, heavier than your average Dwarf Star thanks to all the batteries in its belly and it costs more than the National Debt of some countries, but it's still the future of motoring.

Allegedly.

After that, I gave up and put my PC back on.

syrup

LE
The Unknown Flag Raiser of Iwo Jima.

February 1945 Associate Press Photographer Joe Rosenthal captured possibly the most iconic photograph of WW2, 5 U.S. Marines and Navy medic raising the (second) flag on Iwo Jima.
During the research for the Clint Eastwood film Flags of My Fathers doubts began to emerge about the identity of some of the men on Mount Suribachi raising the Flag.
Bradley was a Navy Corpsman but the man in his "place" was dressed as a USMC Combat Infantry man and not as a medic (no first aid kit, carrying wire cutters etc)
Rosenthal shot a number of pictures of the company that day including the first flag raising and the iconic posed Gung Ho shot of the company together.
Ira Hayes had always maintained that the names were wrong despite himself being correctly identified in the photo.
Eventually using modern techniques they identify Marine PFC Harold Keller as the unidentified man.
The case has to then be put together for the USMC to officially recognise the fact and authorise the name change
Harold Keller's step daughter stated he only ever spoke (to her knowledge) once about the war when he identified himself as a Marine and one of the "flag raisers" on Iwo
He then stayed quiet for the rest of his life.

Saw a bit of New!New!New!Top Gear. The one that isn't an ex-cricketer or an incredibly unfunny Northern "comedian" was testing the Tesla Model 3, and barely avoiding having what Jezza Clarkson used to call a "crisis" over it. It's extremely fast in a straight line, shit in corners, ugly as sin, heavier than your average Dwarf Star thanks to all the batteries in its belly and it costs more than the National Debt of some countries, but it's still the future of motoring.

Allegedly.

After that, I gave up and put my PC back on.
You Tube
Koenigsegg Gemera: the 1,700bhp four-seat ‘Mega GT’ | Top Gear

Latest Threads