What TV show have you just watched

Junk and Disorderly on ITV4 (I think, I watch it on catchup through the hub).
Two blokes wandering round auto jumbles picking up trash, tarting it up and ripping off fulfilling the dreams of punters. Not intellectually challenging, no plot to try to remember and appealing to all of us with deep pockets and short arms.
Henry. Cole is one of those Marmite characters....But Sam Lovegrove his hippy looking sidekick, is a mechanical genius! Pretty much can fix most ancient British vehicles and engines.

ches

LE
Finished the latest series of Goliath from Prime. The story isn't as good as the previous 2 series but its still good. A fair bit of divergent sub-plot with hallucinogenic shit going on that actually doesn't add anything to the story & imo could have resulted in 2 less episodes. Be interesting whether S4 is likely to appear.

Black and British: A forgotten History
"Historian David Olusoga explores the enduring relationship between Britain and people whose origins lie in Africa." This was shown on freeview channel togetherTV. People featured include:
  • A sculpted likeness of "Beachy Head Lady" from third century Roman dominated Britain
  • Henry VIII's black trumpeter, John Blanke
  • Samuel Johnson's servant, a freeman (released slave) Francis Barber and his direct relative, a white man
  • John Hawkins..
David visits what is now Ghana, where the Portuguese had pretty much monopolised trade. Once English privateers turned up the locals realised they could now bargain for better deals for their gold. It seems to start well enough as a mutually beneficial enterprise. The change seems to occur when John Hawkins captures a Portuguese ship and sells the surviving slaves. This proves so profitable he takes it further, starting the English slave trade. There seem to be varying accounts of numbers etc

John Hawkins | Admiral, Privateer, Slave Trader
John Hawkins (naval commander) - Wikipedia
BBC - Devon - Abolition - England's first slave trader

BBC Two - Black and British: A Forgotten History

Anyone watching Giri/Haji on the BBC?
My goodness I am loving it, especially the character Rodney. Just brilliant and I don't want it to end :-(

I was really looking forward so series 4 of "Blindspot." I sat down with a nice big drink, and managed to watch the last episode first! My own fault for letting Jonnie Walker drive the TV...

TamH70

MIA
Burned through the last three episodes of Season Four of "The Blacklist". Quite enjoyable - though the twist at the end of S4 of "The Blacklist" was fairly obvious if you've been paying attention. Spader, Boone and the rest of the supporting cast are on point as usual, though.

For fans of that over-rated and frankly unwatchable Moffat-penned tripe, "Sherlock", which does unmentionable things to the lore, characterization, story elements and so on of Sherlock Holmes, try and watch a decent portrayal of a modern-day Holmes performed by an actual actor rather than one by Bendydick Cucumberpatch - as Jonny Lee Miller's run as the great Consulting Detective in "Elementary" is available on Amazon Prime. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Plus it has Lucy Liu, of whom I'd happily say, "Phwoar!"

We’ve just binge watched A Confession, starring Martin Freeman, but also a truly stellar cast from British TV drama.
Based on the true story of DS Steve Fulcher of Wiltshire Police and his quest to bring to justice a suspected serial killer, Christopher Halliwell, played by Jo Absolom.
What a riveting, absorbing drama - well recommended.
Wiltshire Police come out of it in very poor light, particularly their senior officers who seem to have hung Steve Fulcher out to dry.

Late to the viewing, but catching up on Killing Eve (BBC IPlayer). Absolutely loving it.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

FYI. Tom Clancys Jack Ryan Amazon series 2 is out, (8 Episodes).

So after a dull summer we are now watching:

Mr Mercedes S3 Excellent. I think Holly deserves an Emmy for her speech to the Jury , and the older woman - what a twat she is :)

Treadstone. More jujitsu than you can shake a stick at.

Get Shorty. S3. Still brilliant and funny.

World on FIre. Oh Hum Ok. It's the beeb.

Dublin Murders. Losing interest - On the cusp of getting binned.

Jack Ryan. On the schedule for tonight.

The Accident CH4. On the back burner.

Mr Mercedes S3 Excellent. I think Holly deserves an Emmy for her speech to the Jury , and the older woman - what a twat she is :)
You mean Kate "Captain Janeway" Mulgrew?

philc

LE
The Morning Show, big cast dull show, lasted about half an hour, then binned. All a bit liberal In your face for me.

BigT

LE
I've just started watching Pennytworth on Amazon, it's Batmans butler Alfreds back story. It's set in an alternative time line 1960's London and a cross between Harry Palmer and the Krays but I'm enjoying it.

I've just started watching Pennytworth on Amazon, it's Batmans butler Alfreds back story. It's set in an alternative time line 1960's London and a cross between Harry Palmer and the Krays but I'm enjoying it.
Let us know what you think when you get to the end.

I know what I think having watched all 10.

Watching the BBC 2 thing about the Biggest Warship. They are saying how vital to flight safety it is to clean the flight deck by having a line of rum bum and baccy walk up and down picking stuff up.
Surely, if it was that vital, they would have a machine to do it like a street sweeper?

philc

LE
Watching the BBC 2 thing about the Biggest Warship. They are saying how vital to flight safety it is to clean the flight deck by having a line of rum bum and baccy walk up and down picking stuff up.
Surely, if it was that vital, they would have a machine to do it like a street sweeper?
Cheaper to get WAFUs doing it, they do bugger all else.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Any one else watch Catherine the Great with Helen Mirren playing the lead role?
It was on Sky Atlantic and although it was only four episodes of 45 minutes, (advert breaks make it an hour) I thought it was very good entertainment.
The history was condensed rather, well it would be but it was still a good watch and that Helen is a dirty funny little minx.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Treadstone. More jujitsu than you can shake a stick at.

Get Shorty. S3. Still brilliant and funny.

World on FIre. Oh Hum Ok. It's the beeb.

Dublin Murders. Losing interest - On the cusp of getting binned.

Jack Ryan. On the schedule for tonight.

The Accident CH4. On the back burner.
I lost interest in Dublin Murders half way through the second episode.
Pretty bad sums it up.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The Story of Top of the Pops, mainly focused on the Eighties.

Guess which D.Js don't show up at all.
That’s a lot of editing:-D

Latest Threads