What TV show have you just watched

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm not. Care to tell me when WW11 was then? Last one I knew of was WW2 or WWII.
There hasn’t been a WW11, yet. We both know this.
How about we put it down to me simply pressing the wrong key twice (sorry) & move on.
The docu I was promoting is well worth a watch, whatever war it was from.

BBC2 iPlayer "What Britain Buys and Sells in a Day" - looked at Britain's imports and exports with a focus on cars. Interesting to see logistics of loading/unloading big ships packed to the gunwales with cars, Norton motorbike factory, and where it all goes. However I lost count the number of times presenter Ed Balls banged on about how Brexit would mess it all up. But then we do import £20bn worth of cars from Germany a year so I hope for their sake Merkel do some neck-winding soon.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
WW11 is when Mars invades the Earth and we battle it out.
Would that involve actual Martians or those uppity Colonials originally from Earth?

Netflix Sons of Anarchy. Series about a biker gang in California. Been described as almost Shakespearean. Very good. Believable sympathetic characters and good plotting.
Hamlet with Harleys.

Eat Well For Less - BBC1
The Waltons - both with type two diabetes, Obese, disabled, ugly. Where the fvck do they get their money from?
Kill the fat cvnts with fire!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've been a fan of Law & Order - SVU for years now. New season started 3 weeks ago and you can tell it's been "snowflaked", Ep1 - Ian McShane plays a predatory film producer/Harvey Weinstein episode, Ep2 was the usual sexual abuse/rape type story synonymous with SVU, Ep3 - Jussie Smolett type story, only with gay black men being attacked. I might be giving the rest of the season a miss if this is going to be the type of storyline they continue with, I'll check out the next episode first though.

I've been a fan of Law & Order - SVU for years now. New season started 3 weeks ago and you can tell it's been "snowflaked", Ep1 - Ian McShane plays a predatory film producer/Harvey Weinstein episode, Ep2 was the usual sexual abuse/rape type story synonymous with SVU, Ep3 - Jussie Smolett type story, only with gay black men being attacked. I might be giving the rest of the season a miss if this is going to be the type of storyline they continue with, I'll check out the next episode first though.
Welcome to 2019 on planet Zog.

BigT

LE
It's nothing new,the writers have always based all or part of some of stories off real cases, they need to change the disclaimer to "inspired by actual events". The ones based on high profile stories are easiest to spot like the ones based on Michael Jackson, Robert Durst, Rihanna, Casey Anthony, The Duggar family, Trayvon Martin and Jeffrey Epstein all of which have been re-runs on 5 USA and one of the other cable channels late night schedule in the last couple of months. I thinks it's more to do with the pressure of coming up with 25 episodes a series for over 20 years rather than some sort of wokeness.

Myself and the missus needed a new box set to keep us entertained on these quickly darkening nights. I'd heard about The Blacklist being good so thought we'd give that a go.
By feck I'm hooked! We've done 20 episodes in 3 nights. What a brilliant series, and James Spader is just awesome! The eye candy that is Megan Boone helps too. Great storyline that twists and turns all over the place though.

Great British car journeys season 2

Presented by Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison, Great British Car Journeys is a light-hearted and inspiring celebration of early motor car travel that explores the history and heritage found along Britain's ancient highways.
This 4 x 60’ series for Channel 4 delves into the period when motor cars first appeared on the scene, and in between the two World Wars when car ownership rose from a few hundred to two million, allowing drivers the freedom to explore the remotest corners of Britain for the first time.
The series illustrates how the car has transformed facets of everyday life across the British Isles.

Interesting watch and the first episode starts from Scarborough

Voyages of Discovery BBC4. Rescue of most of the crew of the US Submarine USS Squalis.
Quite an interesting film on the crew rescue and development of the rescue bell invented by a US Naval Officer Lt "Swed" Monson.
7 out of 10

Voyages of Discovery BBC4. Rescue of most of the crew of the US Submarine USS Squalis.
Quite an interesting film on the crew rescue and development of the rescue bell invented by a US Naval Officer Lt "Swed" Monson.
7 out of 10
I saw that. It was well done, without the dramatic music & ‘what ifs’ you get on other docus.

I’ve been watching that Artic alone on the History channel where 10 American survivalists have been dumped on various Canadian islands and were only allowed to take 10 things with them to survive.last one standing walks off with half a million $. It’s all bows and arrows and the occasional tears from the female and it’s not even snowed yet.

Latest Threads