What TV show have you just watched

Found a trailer for Get Shorty.

Currently watching the Spotlight series on BBC NI about the troubles. Very good with lots of unseen footage from documentaries filmed for the US market - I think. One clip shows Saint Martin loading a bomb into the back of a car. Some good revelations about Paisley as well.
I've just binge watched all of them - very enlightening..

TamH70

MIA
Episode 17 of Season 4 of "The Blacklist", "Requiem", showing how Mister Kaplan got her name. Fantastic acting throughout from an actress I don't think I've seen in anything before, Joanna Adler, as Young Kaplan.
We find out how closely involved she's been with the Rostov family and how Red and her first met, and why he became the crime boss that he is.

Watching The Royal (about a local hospital in the 1960s in Yorkshire). Was cool to it at first but it has developed nicely. Good mix of humor and tragedy. Good acting and character development. No heavy handed social engineering but reasonable treatment of social issues of that period. Good 60's music score.
Have you ever watched a UK TV show called Endeavour?
If you two like those two shows, try a series called "Ripper Street". Not made anymore finished a couple of years ago.
But essentially takes place around 10 years after the "Ripper" murders in Whitechapel.

If you two like those two shows, try a series called "Ripper Street". Not made anymore finished a couple of years ago.
But essentially takes place around 10 years after the "Ripper" murders in Whitechapel.
Watched most of it. Turned a bit too violent for my tastes.

Fair enough , trouble is though that area of London down into the East End and the areas around the docks were extremely violent. The violence in the series, was exaggerated but not far off it.
Understood. It is merely a personal thing--I have seen enough for real such that I avoid it when I have the choice.

Grand Designs on Channel 4 last night. I don’t normally watch this sort of thing, but we are currently on holiday in North Devon and it featured a lunatic building Project just up the road from where we are staying.
An object lesson in how to make yourself bankrupt to the tune of over £4Million, lose your missus and piss off the neighbours.
It is a truly staggering example of one man’s dreams (and vanity) getting totally out of control.
Unbelievable.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
VVG 1 1/2 hrs programme for grown-ups on BBC4 by Andrew Graham-Dixon about the Dutch forger Han Van Meegeren.

Basically during the war Van M painted a number of fake Vermeers and foisted on them to the Dutch art market and crowned his achievement by selling one to Goering, all for huge amounts of money. In 1945 he was therefore done for collaboration but got off that by claiming, and proving, that he was the painter. A G-D picked his story apart and showed that there was a far longer history of fakery. A fascinating detective story with a neat twist at the end. Showed how people, even 'experts', will believe what hey want to believe.

Two ironies - one that the faces in most of the fakes were bland and crude and nothing like Vermeer's later work - and the Nazi passion for realistic art extended to religious pictures where, in fact, all the participants were Jews (although with Aryan faces)..

BBC 4 tonight at 9pm, double bill of new series of French police procedural Spiral. Worth it for pouty lady police captain Caroline Proust.
A fantastic series with flawed, believable and most importantly watchable characters you actually care about. We love it!

Had the misfortune of being in the room while the missus watched The Highland Midwife, a reality series about, strangely enough, midwives operating around the Scottish Highlands.
By God, they must feed them well in that part of the world - most of the pregnant lasses were big units with huge thighs and the majority of their husbands/partners were even bigger.
Clearly, tattoo parlours are doing a roaring trade up that way too!
Add in the sound of multiple repeats of childbirth screaming and you get the idea.
Not recommended for those with a delicate constitution!

Had the misfortune of being in the room while the missus watched The Highland Midwife, a reality series about, strangely enough, midwives operating around the Scottish Highlands.
By God, they must feed them well in that part of the world - most of the pregnant lasses were big units with huge thighs and the majority of their husbands/partners were even bigger.
Clearly, tattoo parlours are doing a roaring trade up that way too!
Add in the sound of multiple repeats of childbirth screaming and you get the idea.
Not recommended for those with a delicate constitution!
Those benefits don't claim themselves!

VVG 1 1/2 hrs programme for grown-ups on BBC4 by Andrew Graham-Dixon about the Dutch forger Han Van Meegeren.

Basically during the war Van M painted a number of fake Vermeers and foisted on them to the Dutch art market and crowned his achievement by selling one to Goering, all for huge amounts of money. In 1945 he was therefore done for collaboration but got off that by claiming, and proving, that he was the painter. A G-D picked his story apart and showed that there was a far longer history of fakery. A fascinating detective story with a neat twist at the end. Showed how people, even 'experts', will believe what hey want to believe.

Two ironies - one that the faces in most of the fakes were bland and crude and nothing like Vermeer's later work - and the Nazi passion for realistic art extended to religious pictures where, in fact, all the participants were Jews (although with Aryan faces)..
Agreed. Excellent program.

Just started watching Carnival Row.
Exaggerated Allegory in a new woke world.?
Is this more of the same new shite we have to expect??
I'm struggling halfway through E1.

Latest Threads